Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dark Forces

Page: 1 of 1
 JediKnight_114[b]
06-20-2001, 12:23 AM
Okay, I got ahold of Dark Forces and have made it to Level 6 Detention Center and am stuck.

Does anyone remeber the three symbol code to open that door after you get off that round elevator?

Any help would be hot. :D
 Pootie
06-20-2001, 11:29 AM
Hey, didn't Jar-Jar say that in the TPM game?

Oh, BTW, I've never even played Dark Forces, so I am no help to you =\

Sorry for replying... :p
 JediKnight_114[b]
06-20-2001, 2:30 PM
Um yeah, Jar Jar said that. Still, anyone that knows the code please respond.

Thanx
 Pootie
06-20-2001, 3:42 PM
You're very welcome :D
 StormHammer
06-21-2001, 1:00 PM
I can't remember the code, but I remember how I got it...

Leave the first and second characters as they are...take a note of the third character, then keep changing it (slowly) until it comes around to the symbol you started with. If that hasn't opened the door, then you need to...

...change the second symbol once - and scroll through the third characters again.

Keep doing that until you've gone through all the second characters (if it hasn't opened the door), then...

...change the first character, scroll through all the third characters, then change the second character once, scroll through all the third characters and so on. You may have to change the first character a couple of times, but I honestly can't remember how deep the code is buried.

Keep in mind not to scroll through the characters too quickly, or it won't register, and you could easily pass by the real code. Don't turn around to look at the door, keep focused on the code - just keep your sound turned up, and you'll hear the door open behind you when you've entered the right code.

It's a good idea to write the symbols down once you've worked it out, and put the code in your DF CD case for future reference.

You might get it through trial and error, but doing it through a logical sequence will eventually get you there. It may take a little time, but I know it works.

Hope all that helps - and wasn't too confusing. ;)
 JediKnight_114[b]
06-21-2001, 2:15 PM
Thanks StormHammer, I'll give it a try. No it wasn't too confusing, it is better than the way I figured out the code on Level 4: Research facility whick was just randomly pushing buttons for literally ten minutes until I heard the door open.

Ahhhhh, I see where Jedi Knight inherited those frustrating puzzles. :D
 digl
06-22-2001, 1:46 AM
How much time I spent around those elevators in DF!
Now that you mentioned those puzzles you made me want to play it again
 ESE_Sithlord
06-22-2001, 3:43 AM
Ok I never really got Dark Forces . Whats the storyline and I skiped right to JK and MotS. So I have no Idea if Dark Forces is about.
 JediMasterHorn
06-22-2001, 7:35 AM
I found the Win version of DF yesterday for $10 so I bought it. I forgot how old school the game really was. No mouse look, talk about annoying. I don't mind the graphics as much. I think i need to re-install my joystick to play it, that no mouse look thing gets on my nerves. :)
 BeastMaster
06-22-2001, 12:00 PM
I have the DF cheat book, but unfortunately it's in my mom's computer room, in another city. I haven't played DF in years.

IIRC, you can get the code from somewhere else in the level. Keep your eyes peeled for different graphics on the walls, and do everything you can before opening the door. Remember that you can always come back to it later (as in, go to where the door is, then ignore it and keep searching around the area before you try to open it).
 Kurgan
06-22-2001, 5:52 PM
You might try Gamefaqs.com , if I'm not mistaken.

Kurgan
Page: 1 of 1