Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Summer Movies

Page: 1 of 1
 Zell Raider
06-18-2001, 3:19 AM
This is the time for movies. :D So... What movies are you planning on seeing this summer or what have you seen. ;) What do you think about the movies you have seen already?

I saw Atlantis this Friday, I liked the animation and the story was a lot better than some of the pass Disney movies that have been thrown out there. :D
 Garindan
06-18-2001, 12:40 PM
I'm going to beg my parents let me go see Jurassic Park 3, but only if it's not rated r.
 Darth_Lando
06-18-2001, 1:19 PM
I am sure JP3 will be PG-13.

That rating will only help them set some box office records.
 StormHammer
06-18-2001, 2:17 PM
Apart from Jurassic Park 3, I don't even know what films are going to be released, so I can't really comment. We usually get them later in the UK too.

Anyone care to enlighten me on what's being released this summer? ;)
 MadPoster
06-18-2001, 5:17 PM
I can't wait untill the next Pokemon movie comes out.

I need something to scream at, and generally abuse. :p :mad: :D :eek:
 Boba Rhett
06-18-2001, 7:04 PM
This summer i've already been to see,

The Mummy Returns
Shrek
Pearl Harbor
Moulin Rogue
Evolution

I would like to see,

Tomb Raider
Planet of the Apes
JP3
and maybe A.I.
 Zell Raider
06-19-2001, 3:48 AM
This summer i've have seen :

The Mummy Returns- ok
Shrek - ok
Pearl Harbor - ok
Tomb Raider - no to good
The Animal- funny
Atlantis - good for all ages

Movies I still want to see this Summer:
A.I.
Jurassic Park 3
Final Fantasy
Planet of the Apes
Swordfish
Evolution

Summer Movies list that I know of:
All movies already listed
Moulin Rouge
What's The Worst That Could Happen?

I think thats it :rolleyes:
 Zell Raider
06-19-2001, 5:36 AM
:eek: Nope thats not all :eek:

I almost forgot:

Dr. Dolittle 2
Osmosis Jones
Rush Hour 2

All on my to see list :D
 GonkH8er
06-19-2001, 10:49 AM
rhett..... how was evolution?
 StormHammer
06-19-2001, 6:36 PM
Hey, thanks for the info on the summer releases, guys! :D

Doh, seems like I forgot about a couple of those. I wouldn't mind seeing...

The Mummy Returns
Jurassic Park 3
Final Fantasy (for the CGI if nothing else)
Shrek
A.I. (maybe)
Evolution (maybe)
Atlantis (maybe)

I've heard bad things about Tomb Raider so I don't think I'll bother with that one. And I didn't like the trailer to the remake of Planet Of The Apes (I don't think it will be as good as the original).

I guess the film I am most looking forward to this year is Lord Of The Rings I. ;)
 Uutont Fжr Uulion
06-19-2001, 7:45 PM
yeah I want tot see
Shrek
AI
and Tomb Raider
the others I'll just wait until they're out on HBO
 JediMasterHorn
06-19-2001, 7:57 PM
The Mummy Returns was pretty good if you liked the first one. Tomb Raider just looks like it will be another cheesy "Game becomes a movie" like Super Mario Brothers, Double Dragon, Etc. Final Fantasy looks great. JP3 will be worth checking out. I just hope it is better than the last one. Planet of the Apes has some potential.

However, nothing will compare to 2002. Ep. II, Matrix: Reloaded (Matrix II)(Chirstmas, not summer), Spider-Man. Nuff Said. Just one more year....
 Boba Rhett
06-19-2001, 8:20 PM
It's ok. I'd give it a 6.5. It had some extremely funny scenes. If you liked Ghostbusters you should definately check Evolution out. It did have quite a bit of cussing in it though.

[ June 19, 2001: Message edited by: Boba Rhett ]
 Boba Rhett
06-20-2001, 12:47 AM
Just got back from TombRaider. I'm gonna give it a 4.5-5.0 It was cool in some parts but there's very little story and other parts just don't make sense at all.
 Darth_Simpson
06-20-2001, 1:16 AM
The Mummy Returns is competing for the title of 'Worst Movie Ever', at least in my opinion. The story is totally idiotic, and the best acting performance is done by the little annoying kid. The action switches so fast from scene to scene you will have no idea what's going on. Truly a crappy movie.

Evolution was allright. Nothing outstanding but worth seeing.

I really want to see Jurassic Park III and Planet of the Apes.
 GonkH8er
06-20-2001, 4:38 AM
jurassic park 3's sounding surprisingly good seeing as speilberg isnt doing it... its some other guy.

we got to see little sneak bits over at universal studios.... that was kinda cool.

and that jurassic park ride! whoa, watch out! lol
 Boba Rhett
06-20-2001, 5:49 AM
My brother designed some of the chips that control those dinos on the ride. :)

The Mummy Returns isn't a bad movie compared to everything else thats currently out. The action in it is great and non stop. Don't be dissin it. :D

So far, this summer, the best movie i've seen would probably be Moulin Rouge.

[ June 20, 2001: Message edited by: Boba Rhett ]
 GonkH8er
06-20-2001, 10:36 AM
mmmmmmm moulin rouge was pretty good. well, i liked it anyway :)

baz luhrman's pretty 'tee yuu double eff' TUFF
 Pootie
06-20-2001, 11:24 AM
Uh, ok.

Better get that doe, sister.

You guys have to see "Pootie Tang" just to honor me! It's coming out any day now...
 Darth_Simpson
06-20-2001, 5:10 PM
The Mummy Returns isn't a bad movie compared to everything else thats currently out. The action in it is great and non stop. Don't be dissin it.

Sure, the action is non stop, but that's the problem. It's too much of it. The story never has a chance to play a part of the movie. Some of the effects are nice, but the rest is laughable.

Sorry, just can't stop dissin' it. ;)
 BeastMaster
06-22-2001, 11:42 AM
Movies that I've seen:
The Mummy Returns
Shrek

Movies that I've missed by now and will have to wait 'til they hit TV:
A Knight's Tale
Josie & The Pussycats
Dungeons & Dragons

Movies that I want to see (but probably won't since there's only one theatre within walking distance and I have no car):
Evolution
Atlantis
Planet of the Apes
Tomb Raider
Final Fantasy
Dr. Dolittle 2 (Maybe; I still haven't seen the first one.)
Jurassic Park III
Matrix II (Christmas.)
Lord of the Rings (Christmas.)

I'm going to see Tomb Raider just so I'll actually have the right to bash it. Pretty much the only critticism I can make right now is to say that Sydney Fox could kick Lara's lopsided ass. ;)

[ June 22, 2001: Message edited by: BeastMaster ]
 obi
06-22-2001, 12:50 PM
i can't wait to see: "Dude,wheres my car" part 2.

they are going to name it: "Oh, there it is." :D

and "Croutching tiger, hidden dragon" part 2:"Croutching tiger, found dragon" :D
 Kurgan
06-22-2001, 5:40 PM
Movies I'm currently "looking forward to seeing" and that means I am not looking out for spoilers, and hope to be pleasantly surprised when they come out:

Blade 2
Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Star Wars Episode II & III
Tron 2
The Matrix 2 (and 3?)

Kurgan
 GonkH8er
06-23-2001, 6:13 AM
blade 2...... now theres something to look forward to :)
 Jedi Master Xai-Qui
06-23-2001, 7:42 AM
I recently saw The Mummy returns but I am seeing:
Tomb raider - Looks great
Evolution - Also looks funny
These are coming out very soon in the UK....
 BeastMaster
06-23-2001, 6:05 PM
Barring any disasters (be they natural or unnatural), I'm going to be seeing either Tomb Raider or Atlantis tomorrow.

The only way I'll be seeing Evolution (which is the only other one on my list that's playing right now) is if I can get somebody to drive me. :(
 psyduck78
06-23-2001, 7:44 PM
Pearl Harbor was a good date movie :D .
 Boba Rhett
06-23-2001, 8:00 PM
Yeah, by the time the third hour rolls around they'll be so sleepy they'll have to use you for a pillow. :cool:
 Uutont Fжr Uulion
06-23-2001, 9:47 PM
Originally posted by BeastMaster:
<STRONG>Movies that I've missed by now and will have to wait 'til they hit TV:
A Knight's Tale
Josie & The Pussycats
Dungeons & Dragons
</STRONG>

as for Josie & The Pussycats
It is not the best of movies, Its the kind you can watch two times before you get bored with it, but the soundtrack is great I even went out and bought the CD
as for Dungeons & Dragons
as a service to you and to the rest of this fine world don't watch it. it is D-U-M DUMB
 Jedi-Guy
06-24-2001, 5:08 PM
this summer i'd lije to see JURRASSIC PARK 3,
PEARL HARBOR, PLANET OF THE APES, THE ANIMAL, AND ATLANTAS(MAYBEE) :cool:
 Kurgan
06-24-2001, 6:34 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention Spider-Man.

Kurgan
 BeastMaster
06-24-2001, 7:36 PM
Originally posted by Uutont Fжr Uulion:
<STRONG>as for Josie & The Pussycats
It is not the best of movies, Its the kind you can watch two times before you get bored with it, but the soundtrack is great I even went out and bought the CD</STRONG>

I agree about the CD, at least.

It's too bad they're not a real band; they're friggin' awesome!

<STRONG>
as for Dungeons & Dragons
as a service to you and to the rest of this fine world don't watch it. it is D-U-M DUMB</STRONG>

That's actually one of the reasons I want to see it. Some of my fave movies are movies that have been trashed by just about everyone (Godzilla), and some of the movies I've thoroughly loathed were hailed as the best in history (Gladiator). I've learned that my own tastes are generally the exact opposite of the critics.
 Jedi-Guy
06-25-2001, 9:55 PM
forgot to mention rush hour 2 and mummy ruturns Starwars 2 and blade 2 almost forget dude wheres my car 2 :cool:
 obi
06-25-2001, 10:36 PM
hey jedi-guy, there isnt really a dude were's my car 2, it was a joke.
 Boba Rhett
06-25-2001, 11:32 PM
You liked Godzilla?! :eek:

I'm still a little worried about how spiderman will turn out. I read an interview with the director, "or someone" And they said spiderman would be updated to be more like todays teens. I'm not sure about you guys but i'm not to crazy about todays teens.
 Pedro The Hutt
06-25-2001, 11:39 PM
Yeah same here... damn I hate being one of them....
 Uutont Fжr Uulion
06-26-2001, 5:04 PM
Originally posted by Pedro The Hutt:
<STRONG>Yeah same here... damn I hate being one of them....</STRONG>

yeah that's it exactly :)
 BeastMaster
06-29-2001, 11:33 AM
It doesn't get any better when you hit your twenties, folks. :(

BTW, have you seen the Spiderman costume they'll be using? It's actually textured --it looks awesome! :D
 Jedi Master Xai-Qui
07-11-2001, 7:02 PM
Don't listen to the reviews about tomb raider it is brilliant and it opened 4 days ago here i have already seen it twice but who can blame me (angelina jolie). it is a very good film for other reasons. The reviews here in the uk make it seem rather poor. evolution next week....hehe!
:eek: :cool: :-P
 Boba Rhett
07-11-2001, 10:47 PM
WTH. Are you sure you went to see the same movie as we did? It was ,by far, not a, "brilliant" movie. It was barely even mediocre. The only thing that kept me from getting up and leaving was, um.... the lack of blood getting to my brain.... *cough*
 oninosensi
07-12-2001, 12:24 PM
lol

That I can believe. With your recommendation, Boba, I am going to have to see it! :D
 BeastMaster
07-12-2001, 2:11 PM
Am I the only guy here that doesn't think Angelina Jolie/Lara Croft is hot?

'Course, her snobbish behaviour throughout the movie woulda' ruined it anyway. . .
 obi
07-12-2001, 8:05 PM
angelina jolie is hot, but i don't want to mess with her,

1)she was cought doin.....you know.....with her BROTHER
2)she is married to billy bob thorton, AND THEY DRINK EACH OTHER'S BLOOD!!
3)in an interview, they asked her what would happen if angelina met lara croft, she said "We would probably start dating"

so she is definately a freak.
 Light Jedi
07-13-2001, 12:33 AM
Scary!!!!!!!!!!!!! Angelina Jolie must be a freak
 Pedro The Hutt
07-13-2001, 1:02 AM
Correction.. she IS a freak!!! :eek: SOMEONE KILL HER NOW! FOR THE SAKE (not the drink) OF ALL THINGS HOLY!
 jazzman741
07-14-2001, 9:32 PM
Yeah Angelina Jolie was the one and ONLY reason to see Tomb Raider.
 BeastMaster
07-16-2001, 1:16 PM
Originally posted by obi-wan13:
<STRONG>2)she is married to billy bob thorton, AND THEY DRINK EACH OTHER'S BLOOD!!</STRONG>

Actually, I thought it was kinda cool that she has a vampire fixation. ;)

Although, personally I'm more into lycanthropes.

Incidentally, don't call people freaks just because they don't act like everyone else. By that definition, I'd be willing to bet that everyone here is a freak. I know I am, and proud of it.
Page: 1 of 1