Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Another new game!! Oh wait, no.

Page: 1 of 1
 Tie Guy
05-09-2001, 1:38 AM
Obi-Wan is coming to the XBox!!!!

Oh, wait, i forgot, that sux!!

Looks like Lucasarts has slacked off again. I already knew (or figured) that it was coming out for the XBox. Someone needs to call them with the definition of "new"

------------------
We will crush the Rebellion in one swift stroke.
 Garindan
05-09-2001, 1:58 AM
ONLY 15+ action-packed levels

Hey, looks like we pc gamers didn't miss out on much. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif) i wonder if there'll be a bleem for x-box...
 paulbarnard
05-09-2001, 3:39 AM
I want everyone to kiss my A$$ and apologize for saying what a tragedy Obi-Wan is for not coming to the PC.

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
 Kurgan
05-09-2001, 5:25 AM
It's still a tradgedy.. and I was right about the platform it was coming to. ; )

Since I hadn't planned on getting an Xbox, maybe I can do my part by buying a few copies of the game. ; )

Maybe it will do so well on the Xbox, that LEC will have no choice, but to port it to the PC later?

Hey, it worked for Battle for Naboo and Monkey Island...

But I'm happy that the game is finally coming out. Had I not gone and seen it ahead of time and talked to the team, I probably wouldn't care as much.

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited May 09, 2001).]
 Garindan
05-09-2001, 1:05 PM
the framerate will be better on x-box anyways.
 oninosensi
05-09-2001, 3:11 PM
Does anyone not relise what an x-box trully is?

x- meaning 'former'
box- being a container made of stiff material

so, an x-box is a former container made of stiff material!

------------------
Master of Demons, Defender of Underworlds

The place Mom warned you about: http://www.geocities.com/oninosensi/Newdays.html)
 Boba Rhett
05-09-2001, 5:49 PM
yeah, I suppose there is a chance it will be ported. Heck, there doing it with just about every other one of there games. But what if it turns out to be a tragedy of a port. *example* the BFN port completey blows.
 Tie Guy
05-09-2001, 6:19 PM
I still don't think it will come out on the PC, but with a little luck, the game announcemnet for today (or tomorrow) will be obi-wan for the ps2

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tie Guy (edited May 09, 2001).]
 StormHammer
05-09-2001, 9:32 PM
X stands for Xtinct, IMO. The Xtinct-Box. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

By the time it actually comes out, it will not even meet entry level PC specs...and they are trying to claim it is Next Generation? I don't think so

I'm not sure about Obi-Wan any more. It looked promising at the outset, but now, I just don't know. I'm not so sure I would want it ported to the PC now, because you can bet they stripped the feature list down to the bare essentials to make it X-Box. That's the way it seems to me, anyway...

The thing I find slightly annoying about LEC at the moment is that they cancelled Obi-Wan for one platform, yet they are busy announcing ports of nearly all their existing games to other platforms.

Isn't there something wrong with this?

What has the PC gaming community done to LEC that is so terribly wrong that we are effectively being penalised? No Star Wars FPS for four years?

I simply cannot understand it, no matter which way I try. Unless all of their FPS talent left to form Infinite Machine, and they just didn't bother replacing them.

Episode I also has a lot to answer for. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/frown.gif)
 Tie Guy
05-09-2001, 10:37 PM
Platforms is where the money is, and this is a capitalist country. The platforms industry way outnumbers the PC gamer industry. So, just like any other business, they want to make as much money as possible, even if that means making less games for PC.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Tie Guy (edited May 09, 2001).]
Page: 1 of 1