Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Another poll for allies of the Force!

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi_Prophecy
04-26-2001, 4:08 PM
Just as another poll since they are quite popular. If one were to cast an actor to these SW expanded universe characters(they can be actors of any time, 30's 40's70's), who would you pick for the role. Here are the characters and my choice.

Kyle Katarn: Brendan Fraser
Mara Jade: Can't think of anyone
Admiral Thrawn: David Niven
Prince Isolder of "The Courtship of Princess Leia": Leo DiCaprio(I thought Isolder was such a ***** !!! good choice, eh????)
 BeastMaster
04-26-2001, 4:49 PM
Ooh, I like these threads!

I've actually thought about this one:

Talon Karrde: Bruce Campbell
(On the virtue of Autolycus from Hercules/Xena, and Jack Styles from Jack of all Trades.)

Grand Admiral Thrawn: Jeremy Irons
(I always imagine Thrawn with Scar's voice from Lion King.)

Pellaeon: ???
(Any actor who's played Watson in a Sherlock Holmes movie; necessary since Pellaeon is "Watson" to Thrawn's "Holmes.")

Isolder: (Whoever it was that played Tarzan in the TV series coupla' years back.)

Kyp Durron: Nicholas Brendan
(Buffy the Vampire Slayer's Xander Harris.)

Streen: Christopher Lloyd
(I've always pictured Streen as being like Back to the Future's Doc Brown.)

Mara Jade: Shannon Baksa (sp?)
(Who posed as Mara Jade in the CCG.)

Clone Emperor: James Marsters
(I defy you to read Dark Empire and not recognize the clone as Spike from Buffy.)

------------------
NJO-era only (child-actors before that)

Jacen Solo:

Jaina Solo: Sarah Michelle Gellar
(Buffy herself.)

Anakin Solo:

Zekk: Leo Dicaprio
(Say what you will, but I defy anyone to read Young Jedi Knights and not think of Dicaprio. This would of course only work if Zekk shows up in NJO; Dicaprio's too old now to play a kid.)

---------------------

Kyle Katarn:
Jan Ors:
(What're the names of the actors who played them in the Jedi Knight cutscenes? They're real actors BTW, I remember reading an interview with "Kyle" and I remember that "Jan" had a website [she's a model/actress]).

*mental block*
Somebody name me more characters; I have actors lined up!

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Boba Rhett
04-26-2001, 6:00 PM
How about a red haired Jeri Ryan as Mara Jade?
*rhett starts to imagine that*
*blood rushes out of rhetts head and he collapses on the floor, giggling and drooling*

------------------

I calculated the odds that this would work versus the odds that I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.
 Garindan
04-26-2001, 6:23 PM
that evil caesar in gladiator should play as a sith. He sure acts like one!
 Jedi SuperBuen
04-26-2001, 8:08 PM
Mara Jade: A red head Angelina Jolie... http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif)

Thrawn: Christopher Walken... He's just spooky... Or maybe as the Clone Emperor, since he looks kinda deformed!

I dunno about the rest

------------------
And if I close my mind in fear,
Please pry it open.
 paulbarnard
04-27-2001, 2:50 AM
Walken as the Clone Emperor actually....hmmmmm. I like that idea.
 BeastMaster
04-27-2001, 3:03 PM
Hmmm.

When the clone first awakens, he looks like a 20-something; Walken is too old. He could be the clone once it starts degrading in DE II, though.

Now that I think about it, the way Russell Crowe looked in Gladiator did kinda remind me of Kyle Katarn.

Gladiator's Emperor Commodius, BTW, was played by Joachim Phoenix.

Jeri Ryan, again BTW, doesn't look as she does as 7/9: most of the costume is padding. Jeri Ryan actually has a normal figure. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/rolleyes.gif)

More actors:

Shug Ninx: Cristopher Walken
(With minimal makeup [three-finger gloves, a little facial appliances around the chin], and with his hair, he'd be perfect.)

Salla Zend: Whoever it is that plays Original Cindy on Dark Angel.

Tycho Celchu: Robert Duncan Macneill (sp?)
(Tycho Celchu is Star Trek Voyager's Tom Paris.)

Corran Horn: Russel Crowe
(Just for the Kyle Katarn resemblance; I've always pictured Kyle and Corran as looking alike, I don't know why.)

Seriously, name some more characters for me.

------------------

[This message has been edited by BeastMaster (edited April 27, 2001).]
 Boba Rhett
04-27-2001, 4:38 PM
Don't ruin the picture for me!!! *runs away crying*
 Jedi_Prophecy
04-27-2001, 10:50 PM
Russell Crowe as Kyle.......I dunno, he doesn't come across as Kyle's character. He's more like a "don't Ј%$^ with me type" character. Cool and calm, whereas Kyle is kinda hyper and tense(to me anyway). Brendan Fraser for Kyle all the way

What about DeNiro or Pacino??? Jeremy Irons for Thrawn, defenitley. Niven is a good guy, let's keep it that way.
 Jedi SuperBuen
04-27-2001, 11:05 PM
Brendan Fraser as Kyle? We're talking about George of the Jungle here.

I think Michael Keaton would be a better Kyle Katarn... (He ruled as Batman!). Although he was Beetlejuice... *sigh*

------------------
And if I close my mind in fear,
Please pry it open.
 BeastMaster
04-29-2001, 1:22 PM
I still think it should go to the actors from the cutscenes:

Kyle Katarn: Jason Court

Jan Ors: Angela Harry

Or heck, Angela Harry as anyone.
*drool*

------------------
 Kurgan
04-29-2001, 7:21 PM
Watching "SeVen" actually made me think Brad Bitt might make a good Kyle Katarn... if we aren't using the actors from JK that is.

Kurgan
Page: 1 of 1