Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

falling to your death...

Page: 1 of 1
 Absath
04-27-2002, 12:54 AM
just a quick question..how would i make an area where someone would fall to their death? would i make a brush halfway down the put for instance, and paint it with a trigger? is there an entity that could be placed?

-Abs
 Tarus
04-27-2002, 1:21 AM
I havnt' done map making since duke3d but my guess is you would just make a 'kill box'. The person touches the box and they die. If you can make them go through the box to where they die when they go through it then it would be even better.
 Absath
04-27-2002, 1:41 AM
yeah that would be done with a brush then....triggered to hurt. i could set the pain/sec to like 200 so it would be instant kill....ill try it i guess. i just dont know if that will produce the death scream and falling animation....
 Mr. Nip
04-27-2002, 3:37 AM
To get the 'fall to your death' effect, you need to create a trigger_hurt entity with the 'FALLING' option checked. If you want the camera to stick in one place when the player falls to his death (as it is in the game), check the 'LOCKCAM' option too. Hope this helps.
 Raktan
04-27-2002, 4:46 AM
If you set the hurt entiy to dmg -1 its immediatly kills you,
,check the no protect on , the kill box should be something where
you cant fall trough (fog or something like this, nothing solid).
Hope that helps.
Page: 1 of 1