Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Can't change the radient view

Page: 1 of 1
 sights0d
04-26-2002, 4:27 AM
This is driving me friggin nuts!
I'm a newbie...
I am following Bubba's tutoria (and it's great)
I'm following step two and it says to get into the box to view it, but I can't zoom in on that window on the left hand side. I pushed mouse2 and it got really small and won't get any closer no matter what I try! HELP!!!
Does anyone (and I'm sure that there's someone) know how to get that window to work?
 Dross
04-26-2002, 4:57 AM
Originally posted by sights0d
This is driving me friggin nuts!
I'm a newbie...
I am following Bubba's tutoria (and it's great)
I'm following step two and it says to get into the box to view it, but I can't zoom in on that window on the left hand side. I pushed mouse2 and it got really small and won't get any closer no matter what I try! HELP!!!
Does anyone (and I'm sure that there's someone) know how to get that window to work?

I'm not really sure what you mean here; The window on the left is your 2D xyz axis editing view (the grid) If you need to zoom in and out press, Insert and delete. If you mean the window itself is really small, make sure you are on view 1 in preferences and just grab one of the sides and make it bigger just like any other window in Windoz...

Later,

D
 sights0d
04-26-2002, 4:25 PM
This is what happens when you forget the difference between left and right...

I meant... I'm trying to zoom in on an object in the RIGHT hand window.

Maybe I should quit modeling until I can conquer which hand is which.

Until then... what are the view controls for the right hand window?
 Hell Raiser
04-26-2002, 4:40 PM
For the 3D-Preview window, the arrow keys move you around, the A and Z keys alter the pitch of the view, C and D strafe Up/Down, , and . strafe left and right. :)
 sights0d
04-26-2002, 4:42 PM
What about in/out?
 sights0d
04-26-2002, 4:43 PM
I accidently zoomed out and the image is like a million miles away. It's a dot. Actually, it's only half a dot (it's SO friggin' far away) How do I reverse? When I aim a telescope at my screen, all I get are these little tiny dots.

Please advise!
 DNACowboy
04-26-2002, 4:49 PM
I had the same problem with the 3d window that you had until i found a tutorial to explain it to me..

to zoom in and out, left right in the 3d window with your right mouse button ( mouse2). it is all dependent on the cursor position.

push and hold mouse2 with the cursor exactly in the center of hte 3d window.. it won't move

now holding mouse2 down move the cursor up slightly you will start to move forward.

move the cursor down and you will start to move backwards

left -- rotate left

right -- rotate right..

the further the cursor is from center the faster it will move in that direction

if you hold ALT-mouse2 down you can then move vertically.

ofcourse you can always use your arrow keys to zoom in and out and rotate the camera

plush D and C keys move the view up and down

and the < > keys strafe.

can't remember off hand which keys tilt, but they are there somewhere.

on the 2d Map view you can use INS / DEL to zoom in and out and i use the ALT-Mouse2 on the 2d view to move around..

hope this helps
 sights0d
04-26-2002, 4:57 PM
I'll let you know tonight.
I've been posting from work and hoping that the internet police don't get wind of it.
 Dross
04-26-2002, 5:58 PM
It's too bad its' not GTK Radiant because it has free look with the mouse. GTK may support JK2 in a future release though, if you look at the official site.
Page: 1 of 1