Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Making a multiplayer map

Page: 1 of 1
 mapmaker
04-25-2002, 11:51 PM
I've made a few maps, and they work fine in single player, but when I try to load them up in multi-player, it says the file cannot be found, etc.
Does anyone know if you have to 'flip a switch' so to speak, before you start making a map, to get it to work in multiplayer, or am I missing something?
If anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I have a great idea for a map, but can't start on it without knowing the answer to this question :)

Thanks.
 Morbius
04-26-2002, 12:00 AM
To make a multiplayer map go to the file menu in the command bar. Select load project. Go to the tools directory and select the StarWarsMP.qe4 project file. Now make your map. On a related note, make sure that you have the updated version of the tools, since the initial release did not contain a path leading to the entitites.
 mapmaker
04-26-2002, 12:38 AM
Thank you VERY much. But where might I get these updated tools?
Also, will the MP map be backwards compatible? In other words, can I play it in single player too?
Again, thanks a ton.
Page: 1 of 1