Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ok- old WC3.3 user here... help a fella out

Page: 1 of 1
 DiePepsi
04-23-2002, 7:42 AM
This radiant stuff is about the make me puke.

You have to have vertex manipulation, so where is it...

How do I get to walk around in the 3d view (not just controls, but when you can come alive and use the mouse to walk about, hence 30+ fps mode not just using keys)

also, besides holding shift down then clicking to select brushes, is there another way to select and move stuff?

Also, man point, can I make 3 windows (one for each xy yz xz) and have a 3d window instead of switching around with the xyz button?

WorldCrap may crash a lot, but it is by far more user friendly then radiant.

Thx for the help,
-Micah
:fett:
 Phantomas
04-23-2002, 12:22 PM
the vertex tool in JK2 is useless (alot of other stuff too) compared to GTK. My only advice is build your maps in GTKradiant and compile IT only with JK2radiant...
 pitched_black
04-23-2002, 8:47 PM
I usually use the inside select tools, you make a new brush around what your trying to select and then press one of the 4 buttons. It deletes the brush and selects stuff..
Go to edit>properties and from there you can choose four different views. One of those is the same as worldcraft. I prefer using the default and switching between the 3 2d views with alt-tab.
press V for vertex mode and E for edge mode. I'm not sure if these are only for patches or not because I use the 3d clipper "mode". You put down your three points that make a 3d plane in clipper mode and you can get some crazy clips but it's very hard to get working right at first.
Hope that helps ya!
Page: 1 of 1