Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Ugly cartoons!

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Jawaman
08-18-2000, 1:40 AM
has anyone noticed how ugly and annoying cartoons keep getting?

------------------
Yes, the all powerful Jawaman Has becom the ultimate "Darth Jawaman"
 Dave Maul
08-18-2000, 9:37 AM
 Darth Jawaman
08-18-2000, 4:18 PM
Well i cant say you're self portait there is beautiful!

------------------
Yes, the all powerful Jawaman Has becom the ultimate "Darth Jawaman"
 BeastMaster
08-18-2000, 5:21 PM
What cartoons are you talkin' 'bout, DJ?

The only ones I can think up (that I know well enough to comment) are Roswell Conspiracies (stylized animation, cool stories), Beast Machines (cool CGI, cool stories), Roughnecks (cool CGI, cool stories), Gargoyles (so-so animation [resulting from different artists on some eps.], cool stories), and Invasion America (stylized/bad animation, cool stories).

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Orbvs_Terrarvm
08-18-2000, 5:32 PM
They may be getting more annoying because you are getting older.

BTW Space Ghost is the FUNNIEST cartoon ever.
I don't know what the shows creators are smoking to come up with that stuff, but it is so off the wall!!!!!!
 Kylilin
08-18-2000, 11:45 PM
I think the funniest cartoon right now, is Nickelodeon's Sponge Bob. But Looney Toons will for ever be the best cartoons ever.
 Dave Maul
08-19-2000, 8:37 AM
The Simpsons will always rule TV as best cartoon! I mean, 10 years!

------------------
http://sweeet.com/newpics/darthmaulprv.gif) (http://sweeet.com/cgi-bin/sweeetview.cgi?picname=darthmaul&size=6x4)
Dave Maul
 Tycho_Celchu
08-19-2000, 3:19 PM
Space Ghost and the Simpsons are HILLARIOUS!

"Meet our unreasonable demands!"
"But... you haven't made any yet!"
"That's why they're unreasonable!"
 theahnfahn
08-19-2000, 11:08 PM
Just so everyone knows, I feel that The Simpsons is the funniest and most entertaining show ever. The more times I see the show, the funnier it gets. One of my favorites is when Homer thinks Bart is turning gay and takes him to a steel mill to somehow turn him straight. Anyone see that part? Hilarious!!! Of course I couldn't possibly lable any one episode as my favorite because they all work together to make one familiar, humorous family. Anyone love Simpsons as much as I do? For anyone who is bored, give me a Simpsons quote and I will tell you the episode. Try to stump me :O)

------------------
And there he is. The reigning champion of the Boonta Classic, and the crowd favorite-TheAhnFahn
 Jedi Calypso
08-19-2000, 11:47 PM
Im afraid I'm going to have to agree with theahnfahn and Dave Maul, the simpsons will always be my favorite show period, they rule in every catagory you put them in. The thing i love the most about them is, that you can watch the same episde 20 times, and laugh at something different every time.

GOD Bless,
-Calypso
 Dave Maul
08-20-2000, 10:26 AM
What about Futurama, also by Matt Groening? That's a really funny show, but it's only funny if you look really closely at the episode, and know a lot about technology. For instance, in one episode, there is a robot named i-Zac. Who gets that?

------------------
http://sweeet.com/newpics/darthmaulprv.gif) (http://sweeet.com/cgi-bin/sweeetview.cgi?picname=darthmaul&size=6x4)
Dave Maul
 Pedro The Hutt
08-20-2000, 8:02 PM
I said it once and I'm going to say it again, I don't like The Simpsons, It's very immoral.
And badly drawn and...

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 Cpl. Shepard
08-20-2000, 11:25 PM
I don't watch cartoons anymore. I'm all grown up and going on to 9th grade in two weeks.

God, help me.
 BeastMaster
08-21-2000, 2:51 PM
Kid, I turn 21 in a coupla months, and I'm about to start University and I still watch toons.

And I love Futurama BTW, much better than The Simpsons. Most of the humour is SF-related which means I get most of the in-jokes. Plus Bender's cool. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/cool.gif)

*BOOM*
Aah!! My ass! My beautiful ass!

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Kurgan
08-21-2000, 3:12 PM
Call me spoiled, but I think the recent "Cartoon Cartoons" on the Cartoon Network are the funniest since Ren & Stimpy (which kicked, boy was it twisted).

PowerPuff Girls
Johnny Bravo (not so new actually)
Dexter's Lab

The other "somewhat recent" cartoon I enjoy alot is "Batman: the Animated Series" (much better than the "Batman/Superman Adventures"). Not funny, but good action, and sharp, stylized animation.

I'm not a big fan of modern Japanese Anime.

Of course except on vacations, I probably watch less than four hours of TV a week (unless you count renting a movie on weekends), so I take what I can get.
; )

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited August 21, 2000).]
 Jawamanmanman
08-21-2000, 5:47 PM
I agree with Pedro, The Simpsons is funny but it's badly drawn.

------------------
"We are the keepers of the sacred words:Ni, Pang, and Neeeeeeeone!":The Knights of Ni from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.:D
 RogueOne
08-21-2000, 5:53 PM
Pinky and the Brain is the funniest cartoon ever!

By the way Cpl., I'm going into 9th grade too.

[This message has been edited by RogueOne (edited August 21, 2000).]
 TornSoul
08-21-2000, 7:37 PM
Darth Maul: "What are we going to do tomorrow night?"
Darth Sidious: "Same thing we do every night, my young apprentice, try to take over the galaxy."

------------------
TornSoul
The Last Starfighters League (http://www.starfighters.com/lsf)

[This message has been edited by TornSoul (edited August 21, 2000).]
 Vagabond
08-22-2000, 6:16 PM
I like:

-The Simpson's
-The Family Guy
-South Park
-Ren & Stimpy (the early years)
-Beavis & Butthead

I've found all of these shows very funny.

I am Cornholio...I need tee-pee for my bunghole! ... Are you threatening me?! ... Fire! Fire! Fire!

What's your problem, Beavis?!

------------------
VagabondNomad on the Zone...

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...
 Jedi Calypso
08-22-2000, 7:48 PM
I agree Kurgan, Ren And Stimpy was one of the funniest cartoons of its time, in fact, they just put it back on the air......umm...let me think....i think its on Nickelodeon at 4:00pm eastern, if anyone's interested.

I dont think that Futureama comes anywhere close to being as good as the Simpsons, but it is a funny show, none the less.

BTW, what is everyone's favorite quote form the simpsons? Theres so many good ones. One of my favorites is:

>>>>>"Me fail english? That's unpossible!"
-Ralph Wiggum<<<<<
 Jawamanmanman
08-23-2000, 12:01 AM
Mine is "I Can't Wait To Eat That Monkey!"-Grandpa Simpson

------------------
"We are the keepers of the sacred words:Ni, Pang, and Neeeeeeeone!":The Knights of Ni from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.:D
 theahnfahn
08-23-2000, 3:59 AM
SIMPSONS QUOTES!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!

Some of these are taken from a variety of locations, and some are grossly remembered and reproduced by yours truly.

Homer: Mmmm... Open-faced club sand wedge.

Homer: Look at these low, low prices on famous brand-name electronics!"
Bart: Don't be a sap dad. These are just crappy knock-offs.

Homer: I know a genuine 'Panaphonics' when I see one. And look! There's Magnet Box and Sorny!

Homer: Aah! Hey, get off my sugar. Bad bees! Bad! Ow. Oww! Oh, they're defending themselves somehow!

Homer: Kill my boss? Do I dare live out the American Dream?

Homer: (whining that there is nothing good on t.v.) Marge, I'm bored...
Marge: Why don't you read a book, then?

Homer: Because I'm trying to reduce my boredom.

Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else -- and it hasn't -- it's that girls should stick to girls' sports, such as hot-oil wrestling, foxy boxing, and such-and-such.

Reporter: Don't you think it's dangerous to send civilians into space?
Homer: I'll handle this...the only danger in space is if we land on the terrible Planet of the Apes...wait a minute...Statue of Liberty...THAT WAS OUR PLANET! YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

Lisa: "Grandpa, how'd you take off your underwear without taking off your pants first?"
Grandpa: "I don't know!"

Mr. Burns: Well Smithers, another Friday night is upon us, What will you be doing? Something gay no doubt?
Smithers: Wha...? I...

Mr. Burns: You know, mothers lock up your daughters, Smithers is on the town!

Smithers: Eh, eh, eh, exactly sir.

Mr. Burns: Who is this Homer Simpson?
Smithers: Actually, he thwarted your campaign for governor, you ran over his son, he saved the plant from meltdown, and his wife painted you in the nude.

Mr. Burns: Doesn't ring a bell.

Marge: Bart looks different

Homer: New glasses?

Marge: He looks disturbed

Homer: Probably misses his old galsses

Groundskeeper Willie: I dinna cry when me own father was hanged for stealin a pig, but I'll cry now.

Marge: Grandpa, this flag only has 49 stars on it!

Abe: I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I acknowledge Missoura!

Homer (attemptong to impersonate Mr. Burns): Hello, my name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter waiting for me.

Postoffice guy: Okay, Mr. Burns - what's your first name?

Homer: I don't know.

Milhouse: Not only am I not learning, I'm forgetting stuff I used to know.

Milhouse: We started out like Romeo and Juliet, but it ended up in tragedy.

Ralph: And my doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose-bleeds if I kept my finger out of there.

Ralph: And when the doctor said I didn't have worms any more, that was the happiest day of my life.

Ralph: My parents won't let me use scissors. (class laugh)

Hoover: The children are right to laugh, Ralph. These scissors couldn't cut butter.

Ralph: Can you open my milk, Mommy?

Hoover: I'm not mommy, Ralph. I'm Ms. Hoover.

Lisa: You might say I'm trying to bring out the Milhouse in Nelson.

Milhouse: But I'M Milhouse!!

Milhouse: Remember the time when he ate my goldfish and you lied to me and said I never had any goldfish? Then why would I have the bowl Bart, why would I have the bowl.

Mr. Burns: Hey Smithers, this reminds me of that fat man I used to ride to work.

Homer: Thats why white people are called "Lenny" and black people are called "Carl".........WHOOSH!

Homer: (Homer shoving down shrimp after shrimp)

Frying Dutchman Employee: Wow! Look at that man go!

Captain Pete: Aye, 'tis no man. 'Tis a remorsless eating machine!

Homer: (Talking about Bart's new dog Laddie) I don't think I like the new dog. He's kinda snooty.

Marge: (Noticing Homer's dinner apparel) Homer! Are you wearing a tie to impress the dog?

Homer: Yeah! Do you think he noticed?

Willie: Grease me up woman!

That is all for now!!! I love Simpsons!!! Best show ever!!!

------------------
And there he is. The reigning champion of the Boonta Classic, and the crowd favorite-TheAhnFahn
 Dave Maul
08-23-2000, 11:34 AM
Reverend Lovejoy: I remember another visitor from the heavens; he came in peace, and then he died, only to be brought back to live! And his name was...E.T. the Extraterrestrial. (wipes a tear from his eye.) I love that little guy!

------------------
Dave Maul
 Hannibal
08-23-2000, 3:56 PM
ROTFL Oh god! You guys are bringing back memories!!
How about this one:
To the Flinstones theme:
Simspon, Homer Simpson,
He's the greatest guy in history
From the town of Springfield
He's about to hit a chesnut tree.

I almost died laughing when I saw this one.

[This message has been edited by Hannibal (edited August 23, 2000).]
 Dave Maul
08-23-2000, 4:09 PM
Yeah, there are some really funny jokes in The Simpsons. Anyone seen Mayored To the Mob, guest-starring Mark Hamill? That's great!

Announcer: Tag Team Robot Wrestling! It's the mighty robots of Battlestar Galactica, vs. the gay robots of Star Wars!
(On of the BG robots jumps on C-3PO's head.)
C-3PO: Oh my, save me, Artoo!
(Artoo beeps, turns and wheels away.)
C-3PO: Oh, you stupid little tramp! You're so boring! I hate you!

------------------
Dave Maul
 Hannibal
08-23-2000, 5:38 PM
That was great! How about in the same episode when the Mafia guys says to Mark Hamil, "What are you gonna do you never even finished Jedi school." (or something like that). That was hilarious.
 Dave Maul
08-23-2000, 5:52 PM
Homer: That guy sure can dance!
Mayor: He looks awfully familiar...
Homer: I think I saw him in "Rent" or "Stomp" or "Clomp" or some piece of crap!

Definitely one of the better episodes to date. If you haven't seen it, check it out next time it's shown.

------------------
Dave Maul
 Darth Prime
08-23-2000, 10:04 PM
My favorite Simpsons episode is the one where Krusty is reunited with his father. I reallly liked it when, after Krusty said that he always followed in his fathers footsteps, when Homer said to Bart: "Son, you don't have to follow in my footsteps" and Bart looks at him and says: " That's okay, dad, I don't even like using the bathroom after you." I lose it every time I see thatt part.
 Pedro The Hutt
08-24-2000, 8:20 PM
If I said that to my father, I propably wouldn't be alive to tell about it, not that my father smacks us or anything, it's just not proper to say momething like that to your father.

------------------
No!
I am your father.
 Hannibal
08-25-2000, 4:15 PM
That's special Pedro...anway back to The Simpsons. Remember the one when Lisa had a crush on Nelson and she had MIllhouse pass Nelson a note that said guess who likes you. When he looked back Millhouse was twitching his eyebrows suggestively at him so he kicked the crap out of him. That was hilarious.
Page: 1 of 1