Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Any other unused force?

Page: 1 of 1
 Orbvs_Terrarvm
05-02-2000, 3:16 PM
Remember in Empire Strikes Back when Han Solo saw Darth Vader at the dinner table in Cloud City? In that scene Han drew his blaster and started firing away at that foo but good ole Darth deflected the laser blasts with the palm of his hand. Well Jedi Knight nor MOTS has used that force power and I was wondering, are there any other force powers seen in the trilogy that aren't used in the game?
 Zoom Rabbit
05-03-2000, 6:47 AM
Ah! Greetings, Homo Novum...! Haven't seen any Romans around these parts in quite a while. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

I always thought that Darth Vader was simply using an armored glove there, myself. Kind of like Wonder Woman's magic bracelets, you know...

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."
 Vagabond
05-03-2000, 5:19 PM
My thought was that Vader was using Force Protection at that momment.

Force Powers that aren't really implemented in the games seem to be:

-Telekenesis: lifting objects with your mind.
-For lack of a better term, ESP: seeing the possible future.
-Danger sense (from the books): alerts you when someone is about to attack you.

There are probably other too...

------------------
VagabondNomad on the Zone...

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...
 Kurgan
05-03-2000, 7:58 PM
One could probably put the "danger sense" in with force seeing, or the noise kicked out by various force powers (like persuasion) that causes you to realize someone is about to attack you.

Here's another: mindblast.

Basically attacking someone's mind from a distance with your own. A good Jedi can "resist" it.

I think this was in the books, at least the Rebel Agent/Jedi Knight books.

Jedi meditation (like Qui Gon does at the end of TPM). You could use this to build up mana I think.

The only one I can think of from the Trilogy would be (other than those mentioned):

Jedi Mink Trick: Fooling somebody or "making" them do something with the force.

Kurgan
 Vagabond
05-03-2000, 8:38 PM
I've been wondering about the mind trick and have wondered if it is something like Persuassion? Ben seemed to do it on the death star to distract the storm troopers. I don't know, it's kind of fuzzy. Similarly when Ben convinced the stormtroopers in Mos Eisley that "these aren't the droids you're looking for", and when Qui Gon did this to Boss Nass and tried it on Watto; Luke did this to Bib Fortuna as well. I mean, obviously Ben/Luke/Qui-Gon didn't literally turn invisible, but maybe Jedi Mind Trick/Persuassion are metaphors for each other. Maybe not - it's a bit of a stretch.

But when you think of the word "persuassion", it implies Jedi Mind Trick, however the game effect is that you're invisible.

Ultimately, some of the movie force powers are somewhat difficult to implement in the game. I do like your idea of force meditation, Kurgan. It would be cool if you could find a safe place to just crouch down and meditate causing your mana to regenerate more quickly. That's a good idea.

------------------
VagabondNomad on the Zone...

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players...
 Orbvs_Terrarvm
05-03-2000, 9:34 PM
Actually Vagabond you said something that reminded me of another scene. When Ben was on the Death Star hiding behind the tractor beam generator thingie and he pointed his finger a certain direction and the stormtroopers asked "Did you hear something?" and Ben slipped out the other way. Would that be considered Persuasion also? That would be cool to have that in the game to where you could make your opponent think he hears you running around in some area and when he goes in after the sound you blast him from behind. Even though that doesn't sound very 'light-sided' but fun never the less http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)
---------------------------------------------
"Motion and Time = Energy. You cant have Energy without Motion and Time. You can't have Time without Motion and Energy. And you can't have Motion without Energy and Time." -Higher Intelligence Agency
 Orbvs_Terrarvm
05-03-2000, 9:37 PM
Nevermind Vagabond. I just realized I repeated what you already said. D'oh!
 Kylilin
05-03-2000, 9:37 PM
that force power would be very light sided because its non-aggressive.

------------------
Nice http://www.geocities.com/kylilin/kylilin.jpg)
 BeastMaster
05-05-2000, 4:03 PM
What JK calls Persuasion is actually a completely new Frce Power that I call "Limited Invisibility."

Limited because it's a mental effect and it wouldn't work on droids or cameras (unlike in the game).

What Ben use in ANH is "Affect Mind" (to con the troopers on Mos Eisley) and "Illusion" (to distract the two stormies on the DS --in this case it was an auditory illusion, but an illusion nonetheless).

There are several hundred force powers that we don't see in the movies/games, and even the books; they're designed for the RPG.

And that's not even counting Allyan Magic (from the Witches of Dathomir), Ta-ree Magic, Revwien Tyia, Aing-Tii abilities, Sith alchemy, and my personal favourite: Ewok Magic. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif)

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
 Zoom Rabbit
05-06-2000, 6:03 AM
I want to master Ewok Magic!
 BeastMaster
05-08-2000, 5:55 PM
Ewok magic is cool; it's basically nature magic, but with more Jedi undertones (I wouldn't be surprised if a Jedi ended up on Endor years ago and taught the Ewok shamans some philosophy).

I get most of my data from the old Ewoks cartoons, so it's decidedly non-canon, but cool. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/wink.gif)

------------------
 Orbvs_Terrarvm
08-24-2000, 6:02 PM
Well, Luke did have 1 new force power that Lucas never touched on.

It is called 'Force Whine'.

"Waaaaaah, Uncle Owen, I was going to go to town with my friends and pick up some power converters. Waaaaaaaah."
 Darth_Chaos
08-25-2000, 12:57 AM
My personal favorite form for lack of a better word, is the Teras Kasi. In a RPG with my friends I am a master of the Teras Kasi and is named Kkaaos "Apocolypse" Eioj.
 BeastMaster
08-26-2000, 5:27 PM
Wow! Return of the acient thread!

Over summer vacation I was planning to add an RPG page to The BeastMaster's Den ( http://www.geocities.com/mark_a_brown/central.html) ), but I sent my computer to get a new video card three weeks ago and it ended up needing a new motherboard so I still don't have it back. If I'd bothered saving any of my website stuff to mom's machine (where I am now), I'd have it up already. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/frown.gif)

------------------
Page: 1 of 1