Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Petition: Remove Saber Throwing In FFA duels Next Patch

Page: 2 of 3
 Bacon00
04-15-2002, 9:56 PM
Zufuss, you're an ignorant brat. How old are you, like 12?

"More than you can imagine"

What kind of half-assed comback is that?

"Your only problem is you dont play enough to understand how duels are with this occurance."

And using my OWN ARGUMENTS AGAINST ME?

Please. If you want to get me rethinking my opinions, you gotta come up with your own arguments.
 Azraelt
04-15-2002, 10:01 PM
I to have had many duels, including a tournament which I won with 57 wins- 2 losses. So, I know a thing about dueling. From my perspective, your argument is very... well for lack of a better word, stupid. You need to get some more experience, I can think of 8 ways to block a saber throw off the top of my head right now.
You need to consider the stratigy involved in dueling, it's not just flailing your saber wildly expecting to hit something. There is so much more. You should read over the example of people here, they have very good comments. After you do that, go out and get some practice and come back here and try to actually convince us with facts and proof, rather then the baseless assertions that you have been making thus far. I do not intend this message as a flame, but rather as a suggestion. You have not convinced anyone with your arguements. Please stop with the postings until you have done what I said above and what the others have mentioned.
 zufuss
04-15-2002, 10:05 PM
a tournament? You played a FFA duel tournament? maybe you dont know what im arguing about there.

This isn't really about anything else then the often random duels once participates in a FFA game.
 Bacon00
04-15-2002, 10:10 PM
Oh please. You didn't even read half his post zu-fussy.

I'm not going to even humor you with a re-explanation of what he just said. Or, maybe I will just for the sake of having you come back with another "witty" remark:

He's saying that he knows how to block saber throws. It's the SAME THING in tournoments as it is in FFA.

SAME. THING (if force powers are enabled, which it sounds like they were.)

So, he's saying that he knows how to block saber throws, unlike your ignorant self.

Stop this insanity zufuss. Your petition has gone to hell... you have no argument. You are done, as am I.
 Azraelt
04-15-2002, 10:12 PM
No, it was a Duel server, with very limited powers. I have also dueled ALOT in FFA dueling. Dueling is all I do. Anyways, instead of challanging my comment, how about you follow it and do what I suggested before making more arugments. Right now you are not giving us a good image of yourself. From what you've written I've gathered your about 13, Poor in school, poor in games, please for your own sake, follow the suggestions.
 S!TH!NAT0R
04-15-2002, 10:55 PM
Give it up zupuss:rolleyes:
 zufuss
04-15-2002, 10:56 PM
duel server dueling is way off topic here. you havent dueled much in FFA, which if you notice is what im talkign about. In duel servers everyone gets throwing sabers.
 Bacon00
04-15-2002, 11:14 PM
He just said he HAS dueled a lot in FFA. And dueling on duel servers is EXACTLY (repeat: EXACTLY) like FFA duels. THERE IS NOT DIFFERENCE. I'll repeat that again as you seem to need things repeated to you 10 times.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FFA DUELING AND "DUELING DUELING" IF FORCE POWERS ARE ENABLED.

read the entire post before you start your mouth off again.

Be a man and admit defeat when it slams you in the face. You are just creating enemies here, no friends.

I am sick and tired of you challanging EVERYTHING EVERYONE SAYS. You don't think before you post. You obviously don't read everything that people post. You just whine and cry, spit and piss. It's annoying, frustrating, and really, REALLY funny.

Grow up or shut up. You are not adding any intelligant comments, just pointless, hostile arguments to people that are just trying to be constructive. I tried being nice, but my semi-apology and attempt to calm this down obviously went over your hot head.

I'm expecting yet another absurd argument again from you, because you aren't a big enough person to admit that perhaps you were incorrect. If you continue to argue this, it will just firm my opinion that you are an ignorant, self-absorbed brat.
 Territo
04-16-2002, 12:22 AM
Yeah that true, you can avoid the saber throw if you do that but you won't ever get in an attack that way, it will just leave one player throwing the saber and one constantly dodging. Unless they both have saber throw and use it against eachother constantly. I use heavy stance a lot but saber throw is not the only counter for it, when other people use heavy stance you can wait for their full swing to go through and charge in with medium or light. This is a fact because I have duels all the time with and without force. Like I said earlier though, during FFA duels saber throw owns very much, I bet I could beat anyone if I had saber throw lvl 3 and they didn't. I'll just run backwards, strafe, do circles, whatever it takes to stay away from him and throw the saber which is bound to hit sometimes and they won't ever get near. I don't do this because I prefer to have an actual saber fight and I don't even like saber throw. If other force powers can be used in FFA duels then it would be balanced out otherwise it would be nice to restrict it in FFA duels.
 Territo
04-16-2002, 12:27 AM
My reply was to this by the way

Dude, if someone throws a saber at you you either:

1. Move to the side
2. Stand and block it
3. JUMP (either straight up, back, to either side, or *shocking tactic* AT THEM!)

There are ways of avoiding a saber throw. Just because you can't get around them don't go crying about having it removed from duels. If you don't like the way someone fights in a duel DON'T ACCEPT THE DAMN CHALLENGE!
 Territo
04-16-2002, 12:31 AM
Sorry to post 3 times in a row but I just saw this.

<<<He just said he HAS dueled a lot in FFA. And dueling on duel servers is EXACTLY (repeat: EXACTLY) like FFA duels. THERE IS NOT DIFFERENCE. I'll repeat that again as you seem to need things repeated to you 10 times.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FFA DUELING AND "DUELING DUELING" IF FORCE POWERS ARE ENABLED. >>>

There is a difference because you can NOT use force powers during a FFA duel, thats what makes the saber throw own. Sure if you could heal or drain right after it being throw all would be dandy.
 zufuss
04-16-2002, 12:45 AM
wow someone intelligent enough to understand what im talkign about. Its not a complicated thing to understand. And yes i can take actions to avoid it but when i have no saber throw and they have level 3 its kinda hard, especially if their a real saber throw *****, which it is NOT hard to be.

they just don't understand what im talking about its as if they have never played a FFA duel before and yet repeatedly affirm they play it all the time? wtf.
 Emon
04-16-2002, 12:50 AM
A petition for no saber throw in duels?? HAHAHA! OMG, you think Raven would remove it?? It's one of the coolest features!

If your getting your ass kicked by saber throw, then you sir, REALLY SUCK. All you have to do is stand to block it. Having trouble with an excessive saber thrower? Switch to the light stance and charge the bastard and kick him down. The light stance blocks most everything even while running.

The duels aren't supposed to be NO force, it's supposed to take out the force powers to make it more movie like. In the movies and books, the Jedi battling are concentrating on dueling with their lightsaber, they don't worry about using lightning to zap their enemy or choke them to death. Only traditional Sith lords do that, because they don't use saber at all.

Saber throw is left in because it's part of the saber combat system, not part of the force combat system.
 zufuss
04-16-2002, 12:53 AM
THERES A SLIGHT PROBLEM THOUGH.

ITS FFA IF I DONT HAVE SABER THROW I DONT GET TO USE IT IN THE DUEL.

DO YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMMING OUT OF MY MOUTH.

This is especially prevelant on servers with jedi knight setting where you dont have much force points to waste, just to blow 6 on saber throw so i can even the playing feild during a short duel.
 Con. Snake
04-16-2002, 1:04 AM
I see the "Dodge and Counter Attack" concept still eludes you even after many attempts by the smarter board members to explain it to you. To be honest, I just stand there idle when a saber is thrown at me - by just standing there, it deflects back, and only take damage 1 in 10 times, even then its only 5 damage. The only time I dodge is when its thrown past me, then I move in and kill before he can retrieve his saber.

Look, it's not the game's fault you can't do simple counters, it's not Raven's fault, it's not the other player's fault. It is Your fault, and soley your fault. If you can't deflect/dodge a saber throw, then you sir, suck. Get some skill, Get a life, or preferably - both.
 Azraelt
04-16-2002, 1:07 AM
Yes, I understand what your saying, we've been through this, and we've discussed this, and you just don't seem to be able to comprehend our message properly. I am not going to try to explain it, due to the fact you don't read my replies fully and often confuse what I am saying. So I'll leave this burden on bacon's shoulders(sorry bud), maybe you can finally get it through your stubborn skull if he tell it to you. He'll go through it all really slow and maybe he can draw some pictures for you aswell.
 Twins of Doom
04-16-2002, 1:10 AM
i know this has already been said but just to ad to the stupidity of the post..........
if somebody throws their saber at you
a) stand their and block it
b) jump
c) move to the side

it's so easy to block it's stupid, the only time you can't block it is if your swinging, and you really shouldn't be mindlessly swinging your lightsaber hoping to hit so it shouldn't be much of a problem considering hte fact that a hit on medium will do more than a saber throw
 Emon
04-16-2002, 1:28 AM
 Twins of Doom
04-16-2002, 1:37 AM
Originally posted by Emon
http://ossr.phpwebhosting.com/forumpics/stupidthreadwarning.gif)

ROTFLMFAO

i'm gunna have to put that on the ASC one too........with your permission of course;)
 acdcfanbill
04-16-2002, 3:37 AM
i dont get your point, your mad at the fact that the other person throws at you, when you yourself can throw at him, but, for some unknown reason, you decided that sabre throw was and unneeded power,and alloted no force points to it??? maybe you should try alloting force to your throw, i usually max out all of my sabre stats and jump, before putting power elsewhere, this whole game is about the sabre, so teh forces that deal with it would defently be most important, right?? and if you play on FF servers, how can you not allot force to the throw, you have force points coming out of your ears :D
 Valdarious
04-16-2002, 4:03 AM
Remove Saber Throwing In FFA duels Next Patch
I vote no, when they get a patch, hopefully the force disable options will be fixed and this wont be an issue, find a server with throw disable. I dont want to be forced by someone elses thoughts on how they think the rules should be and I hope you feal the same way. If you dont then I dont know what to tell you.....
 toolboi
04-16-2002, 4:19 AM
Ok.. lets look at this argument:
There should be no saber throwing in no force saber duels because there should be no force (well I dont remember hearing anythign like that, but Ill take your word).

possibillity one: You suck at dodging sabers, or dont know how to use them, so it gives others an advantage over you. Thus you dont like it. Im gonna credit you with more than this and assume 2

Possibillity two: You are arguing about a little thing that makes no difference any ways. Thus a pointless argument.

Ok, im being an *******, but Im REALLY sick of listening to people whine about little things.

If you could use other force powers during it then it would be perfectly fine but since you can't its a one sided deal

Sorry, I dont see how this is one sided. Its a force power that everyone can ahve if they choose it, if youve chosen another power over it then it gives you an advantage in other parts of the game.

even 2 hits is more then enough to offset the duel's balance more then enough.

Yes, if you leave your self open.
SO DONT LEAVE YOUR SELF OPEN!
It is REQUIRED for heavy stance folks (as the hit detection totally kills your change to take them out).
 Sartis
04-16-2002, 4:35 AM
Zufuss = Navaros?
 =GrimM=
04-16-2002, 6:40 AM
You keep crying that the others have an advantage cause they chose to put points into S-throw and you didnt. Your the one who chose not to invest in it so deal with the consequences.

And I dont think that s-throw should fall uner the category of a force power to begin with, but thats a different rant.
 Jobabner
04-16-2002, 6:42 AM
that's bull****
 Wraith 8
04-16-2002, 7:09 AM
Hi all....

Im not a JKII player but i do read a lot of threads here to get some insight. my comment has nothing to do with the conversation of the saber throwing.

I just wanted to say that Zufuss has to watch out what he is saying. you are lucky that this board is realy busy or you would have been banned by now. if this were Galactic Battlegrounds, you would be gone with your first post. in Rogue Squadron you may have lasted one thread..... but i think you better watch it or your out of here... for ever...

just a heads up.
 Elmo O.o
04-16-2002, 7:26 AM
go blow a goat zufuss. dont tell others how to play this game. u dont like saber throwing go cry us a river.

PETITION: ZUFUSS JUMP OFF THE BRIDGE PLS.
 Canis_Aureus
04-16-2002, 8:13 AM
I didn't even bother to read all of this lame thread. I read what the first guy wrote and will just coment on that.

Light stance doesn't block saber throw??? You are sad indeed! Whenever someone uses saber throw against me I switch to light stance and deflect every saber they throw. I just make sure that my saber is where theirs hit. It's no problem at all... so stop making up all this nonsense just so you can whine about something YOU find lame because it kills you.

I am so damn tired of all you whining children here. The sadest part is that you don't even comprehend the insignificance of your oppinions. SO STFU K THANX!

Here is a list of things people finds lame.
1. Saber throwing
2. Weapons
3. Heavy stance
4. Light stance flailing
5. Grip
6. Pull/Push
7. Drain
8. Lightning
9. Heal
10. Kickflip
11. Not bowing
12. Duelling in FFA
13. Cheap kills
14. Killing people with light sabers off
THE LIST GOES ON FOR CRIST SAKE

ALL of the above have been mentioned here and people have been whining and crying about it. WTF do we have left then. Are we going to kill each other with bowing and 1337 sp34k untill our opponent dies from boredom??? SO STFU K THANX!

Some of the problems mentioned are indeed problems and I am sure they will be adressed in the patch... But NOT everything... OK? SO STFU K THANX!

It's really annoying comming here and seeing all these moronic threads where people whine and cry about things they have not even tried to actually THINK about. SO STFU K THANX!

If you get your ass kicked just try for a second to imagine how in the bloody hell EVERYONE should be able to be number 1??? There WILL be someone better than you! There will be someone who uses different tactics than you! And these tactics might just be better than yours! You can customize your way of playing JK2 and that is really great... But noooo some people will just come here crying and whining like bloddy children who had their last candybar stolen from them... SO STFU K THANX!

JUST STFU K THANX!

And just another thing

STFU K THANX!

Oh and did you know that EVERYONE can have saber throw? Use points on if you like. If it isn't worth using points on from your point of view it seems really stupid to claim that it is imbalanced? Just plain stupid. If you use all your points on lightning and drain or whatever THAT is YOUR choice! SO STFU K THANX!

Saber throw is needed to combat the flailers and the heavy special. Removing it would cripple the gameplay... if you can't comprehend that JUST STFU K THANX!

"Waaahhhh I don't want to use points on saber throw because I want lvl3 lightning and drain.... waaahhhhh no one else should be able to use it.... waaahhhhhh ...." STFU K THANX!

But wasting words on a thread like this is truly a disrespect for the fact that humans can indeed communicate in a way much more complex than ... say monkeys. I am sorry about that one thing. Everyone would show great respect for the human language by replying to future threads like this with the simple words:

STFU K THANX
 funkyeire
04-16-2002, 12:56 PM
i think we can sum everything up with one symbol:

:violin: boo hoo--get over it
and not just you Z--anyone who whines about aspects of the game that they themselves could choose to practice...cheating is ofcourse taboo--but anything else is fair game as far as i'm concerned...so let's uh, stop bouncing this thread--sorry i have to in order to say all this...:rolleyes:
 Trienco
04-16-2002, 1:13 PM
Originally posted by OOO
[B]You DO realize that without his saber, a saberist is 100% vulnerable to any and all incoming fire from guns and other sabers.

You DO realize he's talking about ffa duels? dont know where you see guns and other sabers there.

btw. even worse than the whining is the whining about whining or the whining about whining about whining...
if you dont like the thread and consider it whining: DONT ANSWER. i thought everyboby who spent more than 10min on a forum realizes that this way they will just disappear within hours.

but the 'mature' reaction seems to be to insult and tell people to stop whining or stfu. discuss or discuss not, there is no.. hm.. whatever.
 Khaydarin
04-16-2002, 1:17 PM
I dont think this should be allowed. I usually dont use saber throw, because with force its useless, and on noforce you can't throw your saber (i should hope so right?).

Here ' s a tip for you ZUFUSS !!!!!!!! NEVER TRY TO CATCH SOMEONE' S LIGHTSABER . Do you understand???? That s not a toy!!!!!! It s VERY PAINFULL!!!!!!

Legend Of Khaydarin.
 RabidPlatypus
04-16-2002, 1:29 PM
oh jesus I can't believe some of you people and your ignorance.

First I'd like to get something out, saber throw is not the only counter ot the heavy special. I NEVER use saber throw, and whenever they use the heavy special I just time my swing when they land in MEDIUM stance, and land a hit. I have beaten a TON of heavy stances using only the medium stance. You need experience, you need to know your enemy. Since I used to use medium stance I know all its weaknesses.

Second of all, sure saber throw is easy to counter, but how are you going to dodge saber throw AND attack at the same time? That's right, you can't. Let me give you a little situation that happened to me yesterday:

Duel in FFA, a guys only attack against me was saber throw, he did nothing else. I was dodging left and right getting out of the way of the throws but I could never catch up to the saber thrower. This is once again in medium stance, I finally catch up to him and take a swing, the first swing hits the air so I combo into my second swing, as I"m doing that he saber throws. Since i'm so close he gets his sword back instantly, and then he rolls away. This is how he killed me, whenever I took a swing he would saber throw and roll away. It takes a small amount of timing but within an hour of practicing you can have that move perfected and its impossible for the other person to catch you. With no force speed, pull etc. to aid you. If someone can name me one way to counter somebody who can roll away and never let you catch them, explain it to me because I must be missing something.

Some of you are just blind fools that can't see how horribly balanced saber throw is without other force powers to aid you.
 Elmo O.o
04-16-2002, 1:39 PM
platy u can accompany zufuss in jumping off the bridge.
 PurplWulf
04-16-2002, 1:41 PM
If someone can name me one way to counter somebody who can roll away and never let you catch them, explain it to me because I must be missing something.

Some of you are just blind fools that can't see how horribly balanced saber throw is without other force powers to aid you.

ok I can name one way, and probably a few more after that.

but to meet your quota, try throwing your saber at them as they roll, it goes alot further and faster than any other attack and can easily catch someone whose rolling around.

also you can still force jump when in an FFA duel, so you can strafe force jump to where they are rolling to and hit them with an attack.

you can roll forward yourself and keep up with them at least, since the roll speed will be the same for everyone when no force is involved.

the purple one
 RabidPlatypus
04-16-2002, 1:44 PM
throwing saber at them as they roll.... no I don't want to do that because I don't want duels to turn into a saber throwing fest. Rolling to keep up with them doesn't work because there is a short delay after you roll that gives them time to strafe away.

Your only valid point is the force jumping, which is the only possible way I can beat them. It still fails sometimes though, because once again they can just roll away. Some of these duels have lasted 15 minutes for me, just dodging and trying to get that hit in. I feel really cheap using saber throw to kill them.
 RabidPlatypus
04-16-2002, 1:46 PM
Originally posted by Elmo O.o
platy u can accompany zufuss in jumping off the bridge.

What a wonderful statement, backed up with amazingly logical evidence against my claims, how can I fight back, it is futile!
 Elmo O.o
04-16-2002, 1:54 PM
oh yes u puny ant bow before me!
 PurplWulf
04-16-2002, 1:56 PM
well as mean as this may sound, you DO have the option to fight back with an effective tool, by choosing not to use saber throw, you are the one creating the imbalance. the options are there for you to use, if someone else is allocating their foce powers for saber throws, and you want to be able to effectively counter them, you need to do the same.

I suck at sabering, but it's still the only thing I do in JKII I don't use any other weapons, and I've managed to discourage many a saber thrower, by dodging their shot and nailing them with a throw of my own by getting in fairly close. they are completely exposed while their saber is spinning around trying to catch up with me, and since I'm close to them, I can hit them with my saber while they have no defense, and have mine back faster than them. if you do that once or twice, I find they really think twice about trying to use the throw near as much.

this is just in my experience, so you can take it or leave it, but the choice IS yours, you just choose to leave things harder on yourself by not using the throw.

the purple one
 Elmo O.o
04-16-2002, 2:03 PM
^^wut the purple guy said.

Originally posted by RabidPlatypus
throwing saber at them as they roll.... no I don't want to do that because I don't want duels to turn into a saber throwing fest. Rolling to keep up with them doesn't work because there is a short delay after you roll that gives them time to strafe away.

lol u see this is ur problem. do it gainst them too... coz aparently u have this "honor" that really sucks pig wang.
 DarkEra
04-16-2002, 2:32 PM
Why don't you also take out force jump, and only allow medium stance in a duel. That way, everyone is the same. :rolleyes:
 Arrghman
04-16-2002, 2:40 PM
Originally posted by RabidPlatypus

Your only valid point is the force jumping, which is the only possible way I can beat them. It still fails sometimes though, because once again they can just roll away. Some of these duels have lasted 15 minutes for me, just dodging and trying to get that hit in. I feel really cheap using saber throw to kill them.

if all you did was constantly try to attack them in the same way over and over, then you deserved to lose... you're just as repeditive as those you claim to dislike.

do you know what would happened if you threw your saber at him when he rolled? he would think "gee, when i roll i get hit. maybe i shouldnt do that!" and then he would *change his stragedy*. in this game of JK2, every single problem that people are complaining about is rooted in the fact that they want to play in only one certain way, and thus their own stragedy is horribly rigid... theres no room for growth. if you dont want to use saber throw, fine, dont use saber throw. but other people will, and by not using it yourself you are putting yourself at a disadvantage.

when i first started playing, i ran into that problem a lot... people throwing their sabers at me while i was swinging. but instead of whining and complaining, i adapted my own style to defend against it. and guess what, it worked. if this one guy keeps rolling away from you when you swing, then it sounds like you're not going fast enough... so try using light stance. light stance can be very deadly if you actually direct it instead of running around in circles.

you want everyone else to adapt to your playing style.. but thats not how it works. if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen...
 Bronzefist
04-16-2002, 2:43 PM
Umm,

Keep the saber throws in FFA duels. The main problems with FFA duels right now are not the sabre throws, but the ability to use bacta canisters and stock up on shields before the fight.

Bacta canisters should NOT be allowed during dueling--thats total BS because both duelers should be on equal terms. Extra shields should NOT be allowed during duels either. You could be dueling someone with over 100 shield points while you have none. does that sound fair?

The main reason I use saber throwing is to beat the heavy stance unblockable. I've dueled against people who do NOTHING else but this move and its VERY hard to hit them afterwards because of this moves screwed up hit detection.

I know this discussion isnt about No Force duel servers, but I encourage you guys to try them somtime. Once you run into a heavy unblockable user there is little to nothing you can do to counter him after the unblockable.

Peace,
Bronze
 PurplWulf
04-16-2002, 2:54 PM
ummmmmm FFA isn't supposed to be fair, it's supposed to be survival of the fittest.

I don't think raven put in the saber challenge to let people have "fair" fights during FFA, it's just a way to still be able to saber against one other person, 1 on 1, without others interrupting, and may the best saberist win.

if you're on an FFA server, you must know that some people are going to have more health, different force powers, more shields, or maybe even a force powerup.

if you suspect someone of having a decisive advantage over you in a duel, don't accept the saber challenge. if you do accept it, then do your best to win, use every move available to you as it's needed, and may the best saberist win. Or, if that doesn't appeal to you, go and get extra health/sheilds/bacta cannisters yourself and level the playing field.

the only place I know of where fights are supposed to be fair, is on duel servers, that's why you start out with the same health, same shields etc... when you respawn, those fights are designed to have each opponent start off with the exact same health and sheilds and force powers, and no interruptions from other players.

FFA is just that, it's a free for all, anything goes (barring cheating of course) and may the most talented or most creative player win.

the purple one
 Longshanks
04-16-2002, 2:56 PM
Nah...sorry,crap idea.

If your not skilled enough to dodge saber throws...then im afraid its your tough titty.

If you wonna play at star wars without the force,i suggest you leap around the back yard with a brightly painted bamboo cane.Instead of trying to impose your will unto others.
 Fyunch Click
04-16-2002, 3:05 PM
Is this thread still going?

Yeesh...

Either learn to dodge or learn to block. Not hard really. either move or do nothing.
 Sartis
04-16-2002, 3:13 PM
Dodging Saber throws is cheap. I would like Ravensoft to remove rolls/jumps and even movement when a Saber is thrown at you.

/sarcasm off.
 Jiro Kage
04-16-2002, 3:17 PM
Originally posted by Sartis
Dodging Saber throws is cheap. I would like Ravensoft to remove rolls/jumps and even movement when a Saber is thrown at you.

/sarcasm off.

I will sign that petition, it's definitely unfair you can move when a saber is thrown at you!

Oh wait, it was a joke. Hahahaha, yeah that's a good one dude!
:D
 mima kake
04-16-2002, 3:25 PM
The solution for saber throwing is
that you should be able to throw but it shouldn't
boomerang back
so you have to pick it up

I don't use the force when i throw things so...
 Taicat
04-16-2002, 3:33 PM
I also vote NO.

Fighting a thrower is not just about 'skillz', it's also about strategy. And that makes it a challenge.....

If everyone were to use the same stance, and fought in the same manner, this game would get boring real fast. I feel the fact that there are options such as throwing adds that extra bit to make the game much more enjoyable.

Yeah, you have people who abuse a certain 'move' (be it throwing or something else), but so what? If they're a one trick pony, you should be able to develop a strategy that will take them out. If not, you've got more work ahead of you.....;)

I think the original poster prefers FFA duels for the same reason that I do: the unpredictability. You never know what you're in for, until you're in it. Where we differ is in our feelings about throws. I just think it adds to the experience (and I've lost my fair share against this type of player - I've also won too).
 Rogue74
04-16-2002, 3:47 PM
Hey while were at it lets remove the lightsaber because a lot of people in the JEDI KNIGHT game like to dominate with guns.

Next lets get rid of the rocket launcher because a lot of people use it. Come to think of it let's put the flechette launcher and repeater rifle in there too.

The Force powers have to go to because some people use them way to often.

Um, ok, let's get rid of the explosives because everyone who drops them and Force jumps is "cheap" or "gay" so they gotta go too.

We'll have lots of fun with the Bryar pistol and Stormtrooper rifle!
Page: 2 of 3