Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Bad day.

Page: 1 of 1
 Boba Rhett
03-30-2001, 9:12 PM
I just found out my Grandfather died. I guess I'm not as sad about him dying than I am that it's causing everyone alot of pain. He didn't suffer and he had a long life and enjoyed it to it's fullest. Please keep my family and me in your thoughts/prayers.

Thankyou.
 wombat3
03-30-2001, 11:10 PM
My grandfather died about 3 years ago from cancer. Do you mind me asking how yours died?

------------------
I wish I had a better sig
 oninosensi
03-31-2001, 2:29 AM
I have lost all my grandparents, mostly to smoking and heart disease- my children never met what would be there greatgrandmother; she died about 2 months before my youngest was born.

I feel for ya, my condolances to you and your family.
 Garindan
03-31-2001, 3:01 AM
my great grandma and my grandma on my mom's side died in the same 365 days, so i sorta know how you feel. it's sad.
 Boba Rhett
03-31-2001, 3:54 AM
He had lots of things going against him. Hole in his heart, cancer of the skin and intestines that came and went. But what killed him was a heart attack. He woke up at about 3 am and said he thought something was wrong. he died about 20 minutes later. I'm in the accepance stage right now I think. What i'm having trouble dealing with now is the pain everyones experiancing. I'm also worried about my grandmother. She depended on him and she's been through alot in her life. She lost her first child from a gunshot wound to the heart and held her as she died and she lost her two sons in car accidents. She also had her house burnt down.
 Sailor Meike
03-31-2001, 7:25 AM
That's so bad. And i didn't know my 2 grandfathers. And my grandma died 3 days before my birthday in the summer vacation. Bad birthday, i dind't have one. And we've got still one grandma over. That's so bad for you. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/frown.gif)
 Boba Rhett
03-31-2001, 10:06 AM
Well, I can't sleep so I thought I'd take the time to thank everyone. *thanks everyone*
The funerals 500 miles away so I'm going to be gone for the next few days.
 Garindan
03-31-2001, 11:10 AM
when you get back, the arena will be available to dload. i hope. my grandma on my mom's side died from a heartattack also.
 Jedi SuperBuen
04-01-2001, 3:13 AM
My grandfather died from cancer as well. Quit smoking too late...

I know how you feel, and my condoleance to you & your family, and may the Force be with you...

------------------
Ash to ash,
Dust to dust,
Fade to black,
But the memory remains...
 Kurgan
04-01-2001, 7:42 AM
My condolences... Both of my grandfathers have passed away, one from a sudden heart attack and the other from alzheimers and pneumonia. Both were painful for those of us who survived.

I've also had classmates who have died (mostly from auto-related accidents). I didn't know them as well as family, but it was sadder in some ways to see a person cut down in their youth.

Death can be a hard thing to deal with, even for people who believe that there is a hereafter. It's that "undiscovered country" from which "no traveler returns," a mystery.

But I take comfort in knowing that when I die, I will be facing the same thing that all mortal human beings have faced since the human race began, and all will undoubtably face after me. If they can face it, so can I...

And if there's an after-life, so much the better (and that would answer a lot of questions), and if there isn't, we won't be around to care, so it can't be that bad. ; )

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited April 01, 2001).]
 wombat3
04-01-2001, 11:43 PM
What do you mean IF??!!?.

------------------
If I thought of a good sig that would be weird, so I won't bother trying.
 Kurgan
04-02-2001, 3:44 AM
if (f)
conj.

In the event that: If I were to go, I would be late.
Granting that: If that is true, what should we do?
On the condition that: She will play the piano only if she is paid.
Although possibly; even though: It is a handsome if useless trinket.
Whether: Ask if he plans to come to the meeting.
Used to introduce an exclamatory clause, indicating a wish: If they had only come earlier!
n.
A possibility, condition, or stipulation: There will be no ifs, ands, or buts in this matter.
 Darth_Lando
04-02-2001, 1:40 PM
My condolences. My grandfather and I were very good friends believe it or not. I miss him even to this day.
 Pedro The Hutt
04-02-2001, 8:09 PM
My condolences, Boba. Well, as Meike already told.(and some of you may remember the topic) My grandmother died last summer. So I know how you must feel like now.
 Boba Rhett
04-04-2001, 9:27 AM
Well, I got back today. I'm feeling better now. I know were my Grandfather is.

BTW, have any of you heard this poem/song?

There's an old old path
Were the sun shines through
Lifes dark storm clouds
From it's home of blue

Find the old old path,
'Twill be ever new,
For the savior walks
All the way with you.

In this old old path
Are my friends most dear,
And I walk with them,
With the angels near,

'Tis an old old path,
Shadowed vales between,
Yet I fearless walk
With the Nazarene,

In this old, old path made strangely sweet
By the touch devine of his blessed feet.

This song is very famous in my church and I just wanted to know if anyone had ever heard it before.
 Jedi_Prophecy
04-04-2001, 4:20 PM
My sympathy toward you. I am lucky enough to never have lost a really close loved one when i was at an age to understand death. I never met two of my grandparents though and another one died when i was 1.
 BeastMaster
04-07-2001, 4:53 PM
My condolences as well, Rhett.

I lost my father to cancer several years ago (while I was in high school).

Wing to wind brings us full circle to the sky
When life flees, the wind helps the soul to fly.
To the corners of the earth, we are one clan.
Our brothers and sisters from this life are gone
And yet in heart and mind live on
A new life to find in a new, eternal land
Our souls cry for those no longer alive
Who saw the sun and then left life behind
No longer to glide beside us under the moon
A gargoyle's mourning roar will sound
Through forest glade and rocky mount
We cry for those we love and hope to see them soon.
-Burial Litany of the London Clan (by: Ithica) (Gargoyles TGS: Pendragon "On Holiday")

------------------
"The Beasts know much that we do not." -Ancient Jedi proverb
Page: 1 of 1