Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Here it is!

Page: 1 of 1
 Garindan
03-21-2001, 1:32 AM
 Garindan
03-21-2001, 2:07 AM
OR you can wait until massassi.net releases it and get it there since i just submitted it. hopefully i won't get flamed, but good for me my AT-AT is flame resistant and is anti-magnetic, so nobody will harpoon and trip me! http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif)
 Boba Rhett
03-21-2001, 3:57 AM
It's your first level. Trust me, you WILL be flamed.

------------------

I calculated the odds that this would work versus the odds that I was doing something incredibly stupid...and I went ahead anyway.
 Garindan
03-21-2001, 12:34 PM
crap
 Garindan
03-21-2001, 12:38 PM
I'm going to have an update shortly, just some minor stuff i forgot to add (i guess i was tired).
 Darth_Lando
03-21-2001, 12:43 PM
Hey Boba Rhett, I tried to follow the massassi tutorial on how to make a door. But when I go to the Item mode and put it my level I can't see it. I even tried putting in people and even though in Jed wireframe I could see where it should be when I switched to 3d preview nothing was there.

Do you have a clue as to what I am donig wrong?

As soon as I start to feel like I am figuring out Jed something like this happens and I get frustrated and the tutorials are no help.

Thanks!
 Garindan
03-21-2001, 1:59 PM
why didn't you post in a new topic? I think you're problem you're having is with the 3do being either below the surface, or above it. Switch to side view (Shift+2 or shift+3), and put the door where you want it's heighth.
 Garindan
03-21-2001, 2:03 PM
so, what does everybody think about the multiplayer level? Rhett, this isn't my first level, i've done a few other ones, but never released them. If everybody likes it how it is, then i'll not bother with the mp update. Right now, i'm waiting for some suggestions on what to add (as in items, what type of weapons or items do you want?). I think i have most of the weapons just in one area, i forgot to add some in other places. I did add a lightsaber though.

The single-player will be alot better than the multiplayer i hope.
 Garindan
03-21-2001, 2:14 PM
well, it's my first and only level. I'll just keep working on it and releasing different versions of it on my website, and i'll add new rooms, new storylines, etc. I just sent it in to massassi.net last night, that's the first version, i'm not going to be sending anymore to that site, i'll release the newer versions on my site from now on. The single-player will be good. I'll have 1 or 2 other versions of the multiplayer though, one without enemy ai that attacks you.
 Garindan
03-21-2001, 3:34 PM
Rhett, what'll i be flamed for? if it's the matting in it, i never even really worried much about it, since i wasn't too concerned with the matting, and it didn't matter to me, since i had colored lighting in place, which made it look pretty nice. Now. I must go work on the update.
 Darth_Lando
03-21-2001, 4:21 PM
Garindan.

I will try my best to download your level tonight and test it because tommorow I am reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling Windows and I will be away for the weekend and won't be able to mess with it again until Monday.

I will post some comments as soon as I can!
 Garindan
03-21-2001, 4:29 PM
Ok. Once your cpu is back online, you'll probably be ready to dload the enhanced version of it.
 Darth_Lando
03-21-2001, 5:13 PM
BTW, I found out why I couldn't see my door. Apparently you have to check "see things" in 3d preview options.

Man I feel like a dufus sometimes. http://www.jediknight.net/mboard/biggrin.gif)
 Jedi SuperBuen
03-21-2001, 10:29 PM
I have not tried your level yet (since I'm at work)... I'll try it sometime this week...

------------------
Ash to ash,
Dust to dust,
Fade to black,
But the memory remains...
 Garindan
03-21-2001, 10:33 PM
good. you'll be getting the Enhanced version, the one with working doors, and more weapons.
 Kurgan
03-22-2001, 3:02 AM
Garindan, you can get some better SNES emulators <a href="http://arcadeathome.efront.com/snes.phtml">here</a>). Personally I like Zsnes the best, and it is rated the highest by that site.
 Garindan
03-22-2001, 1:30 PM
The one i'm using doesn't seem to be having any problems. i like holding the tab button down to skip large boring portions.
Page: 1 of 1