Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

3D Studio MAX...

Page: 1 of 1
 Kurgan
07-24-2000, 1:09 AM
Hey, I just recieved in the mail the 3DS MAX demo I signed up for on their site ages ago.. (took 'em long enough).

It turns out the "demo" is just an informercial on the disc. They show off a bunch of graphics demos (Chunky's! hehe) and talk about game developement, etc.

However, to get the real deal, even with the academic discount, it comes to $899!

Looks mighty fine, and it's what the industry uses. Pretty powerful piece of software. Too pricey for most though...

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~kurgan/3dsmax.jpg)

Kurgan

[This message has been edited by Kurgan (edited July 23, 2000).]
 Kurgan
07-24-2000, 1:48 AM
However, the demo cd is worth ordering if nothing else for the hilarious videos included on the disc (ie: two big monsters beat the living crap out of each other.. until only their eyeballs are left; a nerdy kid defends a fast food restaurant during the night shift, against all sorts of horrors). ; )

I would post them, but the videos are huge (the fast food one is 50 mb).

There's also the "terminator baby" one in there too.

Kurgan
 Jedi Kenobi
07-25-2000, 8:41 PM
 PissedJedi
07-27-2000, 2:26 PM
Why was my post deleted?

------------------
Why am I a pissed jedi?
Simple. The Star Wars trilogy is
still not on DVD!! And JK Still doesn't have
Dedicated Server Support! GRR
Page: 1 of 1