Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Patience, JK2Radiant is coming...

Page: 1 of 1
 ChangKhan[RAVEN]
04-07-2002, 12:51 AM
We just want to make sure everything works right on the first release. In the mean time, if you have a map that is ready to go, you can e-mail me at mgummelt@ravensoft.com and I may be able to compile it for JK2 for you and return it to you...
 Vorax
04-07-2002, 3:55 AM
Cool...but...Can you give us the .def file so we can add ents? There won't be much point in compiling it if we can't finish it. (but thanks for the offer :)

When do you expect it to be done? Any chance you could just throw what you have out there, with a big warning: "This is an alpha release for the keeners, if you are not an experience Radiant user, don't bother getting it. We will release a more complete version later"....or something like that. Pretty please :) I will volunteer to work on the code if that will help ( I am a very senior programmer, 19 years and have worked on graphical development tools, editors, compilers, programming languages, distributed systems, neural network systems...etc..., I am sure I could help and for free :)

- Vorax
 B0rG
04-07-2002, 7:32 AM
I've got several large CTF maps ready to be ported (from prototypes made in Q3A) but before finishing these behemoths I want to know exactly what can and cannot be done with the full suite of tools for the JK version of Radiant. I recall the Elite Force version having hella more options that Q3, so I'm patiently waiting for the JK version. All I really need is a realistic (a best educated guess) as to when it will be available. If that can be supplied, I'd be most gratefull.
 Zealot888
04-07-2002, 7:18 PM
I'm hoping that jk2radiant will be more like GTKradiant rather than the regular radiant. I'm not the expert on the matter, but do you guys think it's likely that eventually we will be able to use programs such as GTKradiant to make JK2 maps?
 Vorax
04-08-2002, 1:56 AM
Originally posted by Zealot888
I'm hoping that jk2radiant will be more like GTKradiant rather than the regular radiant. I'm not the expert on the matter, but do you guys think it's likely that eventually we will be able to use programs such as GTKradiant to make JK2 maps?

Yes, we probably will be able to edit in GTK, unless the .def file structure is different (I doubt it). However, you may not be able to compile with it directly without some hacking. If not, you will be able to setup batch files to do compiling outside the editor, it's not as clean, but works great. If the options aren't to different, you may also be able to just replace the GTK compiler with the one Raven will release.

- Vorax
 UniKorn
04-09-2002, 10:56 AM
Raven already sent the necessary info to the guys that are working on GTKRadiant. The next release will probably have JK2 : Jedi Outcast support :D
 pitched_black
04-09-2002, 8:21 PM
Is there any idea on the release of the new radiant. I heard some time this week but I haven't seen any sign of it's release.
 rubybliels
04-11-2002, 4:09 PM
where do i put the mods after i download them and unzip them?:confused:
 gigatron
04-13-2002, 12:40 AM
Hmm will you release a GMAX variant of sorts? I'm a 3dsmax junkie and well a gmax related version would rule :)
 Insane Anakin
04-14-2002, 6:50 PM
What new features will JK2radiant have compared to previous Radiants?
 UniKorn
04-14-2002, 6:54 PM
JK2 Support, and hopefully in-editor lighting like in mohradiant :)

It just simply rocks.
 Insane Anakin
04-14-2002, 8:29 PM
Do you know anything more specific than that? Chang?
Page: 1 of 1