Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Restricting Multiplayer Duel Weapons/Force Powers

Page: 3 of 3
 TheAphextwin
05-07-2002, 9:38 PM
Below is a snippet of an e-mail from Raven regarding weapon flags. I have implented this is Jedi Runner but it still does not seem to work correctly.

If anyone can get this to work with the info below I would appreciate knowing how you did it :D

<RAVEN>

Well, I guess the stun baton is actually 1, because WP_NONE is 0. So all those values are downshifted. There are also two "unused" weapon values that get factored in. Saber only is set when every value is in the bitflag except for the saber. So:

0 - none = 1
1 - stun = 2
2 - saber = 4 (do not add into flag for saber-only)
3 - bryar = 8
4 - blaster = 16
5 - disruptor = 32
6 - bowcaster = 64
7 - repeater = 128
8 - demp2 = 256
9 - flechette = 512
10 - merr = 1024
11 - thermal = 2048
12 - tripmine = 4096
13 - detpack = 8192
14 - unused1 = 16384
15 - unused2 = 32768

And 1+2+8+16+32+64+128+256+512+1024+2048+4096+8192+163 84+32768 = 65531

</RAVEN>

Kind Regards,
Aphextwin
http://runner.gameadmins.com)
Providing free windows installations and server utilities to the game community since 1999
ICQ 71420728

Team member Threewave MOD team for Quake 3
Team member True Combat MOD team for Quake 3

"Frag the weak, hurdle the dead..."
 Jezral
05-07-2002, 9:40 PM
Compiled a list, and 2 examples, at http://games.projectjj.dk/jk2jo.php)
I have verified these with 1.03, so they should all work.

-- Tino Didriksen
Project JJ
 AtomicSHAFT
05-07-2002, 10:18 PM
Hey guys,

Since I have done some messing around with the force/weapon disabling I guess I could supply some insight.

- As far as what each of the bits represents, open up one of the bot .jkb files and start counting after the second dash. There are actually 18 bits in the field, and I'm pretty sure you can disable all 18 of them (notice it won't actually say force disabled until you set the value to 262143, I think).

- For ease of use I recommend using the windows caluclator in scientific mode. Set the option for binary and then just enter in some 1's and 0's to figure out what powers you want to disable. Then go click the decimal option and you'll get the corresonding number.

- All this other stuff being said. If you disable a force power that everybody has, say saber defense/attack, they will not be able to re-allocate those points when they try to change their powers back. This point might not seem to make sense yet.

- You cannot guarantee the disabling of the saber, as it depends on if the clients joining your server have saber defense/attack. So if a client joins the game and has a force config with saber defense/attack set, they'll still start with a saber even if you explicitly disable it in the variable.

- Furthermore, as far as I can tell, weapon disabling only removes the weapons from the map, it does NOT actually remove them from inventory if a player has it, which is why you can't guarantee the removal of the saber.

As I said, these are things I have figured out, and since I didn't make the game or look at the source, I don't know if I am %100 correct.

-SHAFT
Page: 3 of 3