Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Hutt Gamble....

Page: 4 of 4
 Redwing
07-02-2002, 4:09 PM
*Rwos attacks the Darktroopers, quickly eliminating two more with a couple slashes. He deflects the fire of another to take out a third*
 Deac
07-04-2002, 1:46 AM
*Deac slices the last one up, and deactivates his sabers*

Come on. The target's over that ridge.
 Redwing
07-05-2002, 7:58 AM
*Rwos runs to the top of the ridge, to see...*
 Deac
07-06-2002, 2:33 AM
*An ancient temple. It looks like an ancient Hutt Mausoleum. It is 4000 years old, yet strangely it is in fair condition and unrobbed.

Until now. Slave 1 is parked outside.*
 Redwing
07-08-2002, 12:08 PM
((OOS: Intermission again...this time it's Deac, leaving till July 12th :D))
 Wraith 8
07-08-2002, 4:44 PM
((oh ok... im a little out of inspiration anyway :D))
 Deac
07-13-2002, 1:32 AM
*Deac enters the temple. It is clear Fett has entered another way, as cobwebs bar the entrance. They are easily removed, and Deac steps on one the circular slabs on the floor, only to find it drops away*

Oh great...I saw a holo-flick like this once.
 Redwing
07-13-2002, 4:39 AM
Rwos: Ceiling's too low for me to glide through. *with difficulty, Rwos snags himself to the wall with his claws and makes his way slowly forward in a vertical position, touching the floor with his tail to test its integrity*
 Deac
07-14-2002, 3:03 AM
*Deac force speeds over the floor, leaving it to fall behind him. He then pulls Corzip toward him*
 Redwing
07-14-2002, 6:37 AM
Rwos: Well that's one way to do it...
 Wraith 8
07-15-2002, 7:43 PM
I think i can walk again. i let the force heal my wounds just enough. ill stay way behind you guys.
 Redwing
07-16-2002, 6:26 AM
If you say so...*walks forward through the hallway. An opening, to a dark, cavernous room, looms ahead*
 Deac
07-17-2002, 2:06 AM
*Deac walks forward and sees a single beam of light enter from the roof, marking a spot on the ground. Deac does not follow the cliche of walking under the light, however, he walks right through it. His friends look shocked, but their question is answered when Deac throws a rock through the darkness, and a trapdoor in the floor opens.*
 Redwing
07-20-2002, 6:53 AM
*Rwos looks through the trapdoor*

I still don't see something a Hutt would obviously want...
 Deac
07-21-2002, 10:19 AM
[The trapdoor was a trap!]

*Deac steps over the trapdoor and into the main chamber. A giant statue of a hutt stands bathed in sunlight, and atop its crown...*

A funeral urn! This must be the first royal hutt, and they want the urn to prove the bloodline!

*Deac climbs to the top, and removes the urn. The chamber starts to rumble, all the doors seal, and a larger on opens, revealing a rancor*

Ohhh...figures.
 Redwing
07-21-2002, 10:58 PM
((Rwos has wings; no one would set a trap like that for a gargoyle....thus he doesn't immediately recognize it as one ;)))

Uhhhh...what in seven hells is that? ...Do you want to fight it or run?
 Wraith 8
07-22-2002, 7:40 AM
Uhm guys...... GUYS!

*right behind the group 2 other doors opened and 2 more rancors roared at the group.*

No way back there. any other exits. i just got up to strenght. i could try and fight them.
 Deac
07-22-2002, 9:13 AM
*Deac ignites his sabers, and runs, leaping high into the air, and slashes at the rancor's eyes. It howls and dies.
As the party turn for the second and third, the both fall dead to heavy blaster fire, and Slave 1 lands in the centre of the room. Boba Fett exits*

Fett: Nice work, lead me right here, got past all the traps, distracted the monster and even got the urn. Jabba needs it.

*Draws blasters*

Hand it over.
 Redwing
07-22-2002, 8:18 PM
Rwos: Riight. *ignites his lightsword* What are you going to do if we don't? *eyes glow menacingly*
 Deac
07-23-2002, 2:16 PM
Fett: Believe me, you don't stand a chance. I've been involved with Jedi killing since I was a kid.

*Fett begins to fly, firing rapidly at the ground*
 Redwing
07-23-2002, 3:20 PM
Rwos: Too bad I'm not a Jedi. *Rwos jumps onto Slave One. He runs up the surface and leaps into the air, spreading his wings*
 Deac
07-24-2002, 7:18 AM
Fett: Figures...

*Fett jetpacks into the air himself, leaving Deac and Corzip on the ground, unable to help as Fett begins blasting Rwos*

[To Corzip] Hey, wait. I've got the idol. Rwos appears to be distracting Fett. I say we run for it, and Rwos will follow.
 Wraith 8
07-25-2002, 7:33 PM
i think your right.... Rwos has been in tougher stuations than this. lets go
 Redwing
07-26-2002, 5:11 AM
*Rwos circles Fett, dodging and deflecting his blaster fire*
 Deac
07-26-2002, 9:25 AM
Uh-oh...
 Redwing
07-28-2002, 2:08 AM
((OOS: Deac's gone for another two weeks (as of yesterday)))

Are you nuts? Stop staring! Move!

*Fett notices Deac and Corzip and aims for them. But Rwos takes advantage of the distraction and physically barrels into Fett in midair*
 Redwing
08-15-2002, 9:36 PM
((OOS: Hmm. This RPG is about due for an ending ;)))
 Deac
08-16-2002, 8:16 AM
[Can do]

*Deac notices a hidden camera in the wall, and stops moving*

This is all just a fake...isn't it. Just a rat race for you hutts to bet on...huh?

*A panel slides open, revealing the 3 hutts and their entourage.*

Jabba: Indeed it is, Mr Starkiller. That artifact is completeley fake. We have just been using you for entertainment.

Do we still get our money?

Gorobba: No, there was no money. But you lose your death mark. Just don't park in front of my hangar space again.

Don't worry, I won't. So who won the bet.

Jabba: I did. Hohohoho!

But we have the idol!

Jabba: You do? Oh yes...

Gorobba: I win! One spice mine for me!

The End
 Redwing
08-16-2002, 6:01 PM
((...and thus concludes perhaps the oddest chapter in Starkiller history, considering we were put back in time to do this. ;)))
 Deac
08-17-2002, 10:31 AM
[All right then, I can rectify that....alternate ending!]

Epilogue:

*Deac awakes in his bed, and realises he is on Tatooine....and has had a most strange dream about him and his friends. It has taught Deac a lesson he already knew:

Never gamble The Hutt Gamble....

[Outtakes follow]
 Redwing
08-18-2002, 1:34 AM
((OOS: No, I didn't mean you had to change the ending. :D We already explained that away as the Aeges' fault, since we had to go back in time to be there when the Darkstar arrived, so he could be returned to "The Alternate Universe"...

And now observe Redwing being bored...))

Epilogue, Continued.

Rwos awakens. His head hurts. He feels like he was just knocked out. He hadn't hit the bounty hunter that har...wait...or was that....a dream...?

Where was he?

Deac was in front of him. He was saying something.

"Well, what next? Syrnl shows up again? Hordes of clones? This is getting repetitive...repetitive...repetitive...repetitive. .."

What? Syrnl's dead. No wait, he's in another dimension...

Is this a dream?

People talking. In a blur. An image loomed from the grayness. Rwos recognized him. Death. Some sort of wanted criminal. He'd hunted this criminal once...funny. He couldn't remember why.

Oh well. He'd put that plan on hold for now. There was an injured boy in front of him. And there was a hamster sniffing around.

Okay. He was definitely hallucinating. A hamster?

Corzip was there! He was saying something. "I think this thing is the same thing that killed my friend Kell. We better get out of the streets."

Deac replied to him, matter-of-factly. "Look people, whatever this thing is, it doesn't care who we are. It'll kill us all if we work alone. Don't venture in less than pairs. Always watch your back."

Deac looked at something on the ground, then knelt and smeared something from the ground onto his face. "Let's hunt some beast..."

Rwos somehow remembered this. Except he knew it had never happened. He still wasn't sure he was awake.

Corzip: "Agreed Deac, but I would like some aircover in this one." Corzip turned and started talking with someone in the background. Deac spoke, "Rwos, you're with me. We'll cover the south side." He looked at a clump of hair snagged on something. "Smells like tibanna gas. There's a processor about one klick west. I say we check it out."

Deac darted out of the building. He noticed a gun store nearby and dashed in. Rwos followed. Unsure if he was still dreaming, he stepped into the shop.

Only to see a head roll in front of him.

"HOLY F*CKING SH*T!!"

There was a monster on the counter, covered with blood. Rwos grabbed the nearest weapon, which happened to be a fusion cannon, and demolished the counter. The creature leaped out of the building and into the lower levels...Rwos kept firing till the cannon just clicked.

Deac dashed back into the store. Rwos was too horrified, staring at the head to wonder how Deac had gotten back out there.

Deac: "Let's get moving people!"

Okay, Rwos, snap out of it. You've seen worse. You've been through worse.

Wait...he'd recognized that thing.

Deac perched on the edge of the street and looked through a rifle scope down into the lower levels...of Coruscant. He was on Coruscant. Okay, time to stop wondering uselessly. Rwos shook himself and opened his wings. He narrowed his eyes and 'lit' them. Gargoyle night vision. He could see the creature entering a weapons gas facility. When frightened, they always return to their queens.

Corzip ran up to them. "What happened?"

"I've seen that kind of creature before...but I don't know anything about it except it's very dangerous and they like to group. I'm betting that facility is the nest."

Deac looked up from his scope. "Good thing I swiped this then." Deac took out a small container and indicated its label. Antimatter 1x10 [exponent]-100000 grams. "This'll stop them spreading."

Oh, ****. "Antimatter?!? Do you know what that stuff does?"

Deac looked condescending. "Yeah, Rwos. It reacts so violently with matter when it touches it that both are instantly destroyed. But there's so little here. If one gram blows up the Imperial Academy Symbol on some moon, then this tiny amount shoul be enough. Besides it says it's for one building. I ain't a fool."

...He's gone nuts.

"Deac, that stuff is extremely dangerous and shouldn't EVER be used except under completely controlled conditions. Why do you think the Imperials didn't use it to wipe out planets instead of a Death Star? We just can't risk using it. Besides, we don't know if there's anything in that building besides those creatures."

Growling throats and glowing eyes around them in the dark. "Sithspit! Time to go!" Rwos grabbed Deac and launched himself off the street edge. But the creatures were already on them.

Deac launched himself through the air to the top of a nearby building. The creatures leaped after him. Deac hurridly attached the antimatter to a wristrocket. "You want this? Go get it!" Deac let the container fly.

Yup, he'd gone nuts. Aw, ****! It could hit something!

Rwos flew after the container. He unclipped a magentic grapple from his belt and fired it at the rocket.

It hit. Rwos reeled it in, fighting to get to the container before it hit something...or the rocket blew...and killed him and whoever else happened to be in the vicinity.

He got to the rocket and cut it loose. It spiraled for space. Rwos looked at the offending container of antimatter. Okay, Deac doesn't need to know about this. Rwos pocketed it and swooped back down towards the now disturbed nest of creatures.

Oh, great. They'd dug up a queen.

The creature looked at Rwos like he was the tastiest thing in the world.

Oh, ...great.

The queen looked ready to snap at him when Corzip stabbed its leg. The injured queen promptly vomited all over. Rwos immediately darted in close and slashed its eyes. The creature howled in pain. Deac yelled encouragement.

Corzip stabbed the queen through her skull. The beast bucked Corzip off and he fell off the platform into the depths of Coruscant.

Rwos swooped after him....into a strange mist. He could hear the sound of a jetpack behind him...

Then the sound stopped.

Rwos stopped in midflight and hung there.

Not even the air moved.

Three glowing orbs appeared. One red, one blue, one gold...

We can't wait any longer. The Darkstar will come at any moment...Put him into a dream now...then we can make the crossing.

The same orbs of light appeared over Deac's bed in Tatooine. Deac was asleep there.

Let the Starkiller now face his fear...for what is coming to him...he must face alone.

To be Continued...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=389909#post389909)

((And there goes our continuity errors, put to rest. :D

I can't believe I typed all that.))
 Deac
08-18-2002, 1:05 PM
[Cool. Um...am I supposed to continue here?]
 Redwing
08-18-2002, 7:40 PM
((You already have :D

I just retold part of RPG for all, seen through the eyes of Rwos. Cuz that's where he got put after the end of this. Hence the timeline errors with Syrnl and stuff...

Next you had that dream where you killed the Emperor/you...and what was 'coming' was Rwos Darkstar.

Interesting fact, tho...Rwos Darkstar technically should have been Termand Darkstar, since Termand is Rwos' first name. :D

I was bored was all...:D))
 Wraith 8
08-19-2002, 8:41 AM
so this rpg is over? ok./... lol-
 Redwing
08-20-2002, 4:56 AM
I guess...:D
Page: 4 of 4