Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The Hutt Gamble....

Page: 2 of 4
 Wraith 8
04-22-2002, 4:32 AM
*gets a huge De Ja Vu*
 Redwing
04-23-2002, 1:09 AM
*the teleporter is now incessantly beeping*

TEMPORAL RIPPLE APPROACHING

ETA 25 SECONDS

TEMPORAL RIPPLE APPROACHING

ETA 20 SECONDS

*Rwos stops pushing buttons and whacks the teleporter. Nothing changes* Okay, now I'm really getting worried about this!
 Deac
04-23-2002, 4:33 PM
*Deac notices that Slave 1 is powering up it's weapons and heading for them.*

Uhh...Rwos... It would help to know what's going on REAL fast...

*Deac then holds out his medallion and braces himself for what seems like certain death*
 Redwing
04-24-2002, 12:44 AM
I don't know, but we're going to find out...in less than 15 seconds!
 Redwing
04-24-2002, 11:18 PM
*the teleporter counts down to zero*
 Redwing
04-25-2002, 10:04 PM
*the teleporter flashed blue. Energy leaped from it and surrounded Rwos. A rainbow of colors and light shone from around him and throughout the ship, blinding everyone and making the ship glow like a lightbulb.

Rwos screamed.

The light vanished.
 Wraith 8
04-26-2002, 6:58 AM
*Corzip covered his eyes and when the light vanished Corzip only saw a blur in his eyes from the bright light.*
 Deac
04-26-2002, 5:03 PM
Rwos!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!
 Redwing
04-27-2002, 2:35 AM
*Rwos bursts from the turret. He is different somehow. He moves as if he is not used to the body he is in. He smashes into the cockpit and ends up face to face with Deac...*

What? STARKILLER!!!
 Deac
04-27-2002, 12:17 PM
*Deac gets a huge feeling of Deja Vu*

Rwos...you seem different...it's me...Deac...where the hell have you been?
 Redwing
04-28-2002, 1:40 AM
What?? You---

*pause*

Wait...! He has memories of this! He has seen this place...and what happens here...and what will...how...how can this be?

*Rwos mops his forehead in a VERY ungargoyle-like gesture. Then he stops with a brief look of surprise*

((OOS: Note: Gargoyle brows are...well...sensitive. You'd normally never see a gargoyle do the above...just a useless OOS note :D))
 Deac
04-28-2002, 12:13 PM
*Deac is staring at the wierd Rwos. He has no idea what to do...*
 Redwing
04-28-2002, 6:30 PM
Yes! Of course! This is the past---the past of Termand Rwos! Tell me, Stark---Deac, what is the date today?
 Wraith 8
04-29-2002, 7:32 AM
*Corzip came running into the cockpit withs some sunglasses on.*

that light was to bright for me to stand. Rwos? are you ok?
what are you talking about, what time this is. we are on a mission fro Jabba the Hutt.... dont you remember?
 Deac
04-29-2002, 4:26 PM
I'm not quite sure... but the battle of Yavin was 3 years ago...why do you keep calling me "Starkiller". We're on a first name basis. Are you alright...you seem odd.
 Redwing
04-29-2002, 7:43 PM
((OOS: We're gonna hafta do some time travel stuff with Corzip...since he met us in RPG for all which is after the Battle of Endor...ah well that's the beauty of teleporters and magic and stuff like that :D))

*Rwos smiles. Even his smile is different...* Oh, yes Starkiller. I am "all right". I am better than alright!
 Wraith 8
05-01-2002, 12:20 PM
*corzip feels rwos with the force. it doesnt feel right.*

something is wrong. This somehow isnt the same Rwos who was here a couple of seconds. i have a bad feeling about this.
 Deac
05-01-2002, 4:37 PM
*Deac looks at Rwos to notice the Darksword medallion*

Hey! Where'd you get Syrnl's medallion from [OOS: Deac doesn't know of the Avatar's yet. They were first invented in the old "Break Out" RPG.]...and why are you wearing it...
 Redwing
05-02-2002, 6:19 AM
*lifts the medallion* This? Syrnyl's? *pauses as if to contemplate the odds of this* Of course...but you don't know yet, do you? *evil grin*

[EDIT: Ehe...I keep using Rwos' style of speech darnit :D]
 Deac
05-02-2002, 4:49 PM
Did you go to the future and kill him...did you...

You took the amulet, didn't you. So you're the Darkstar, you fool! You took it's evil power...but that's what you wanted, isn't it?

*As Rwos nodds evily, a portal appears, swirling like whirlpool in the air...a figure is coming through...*
 Redwing
05-03-2002, 4:23 AM
You're a fool, Starkiller, but you're on the right track. Not that it makes much of a diffe--

*notices the portal*

What the---
 Deac
05-03-2002, 4:00 PM
*And through the Portal comes Deac Starkiller (From the future). [This is where is gets confusing]

Future Deac: So this is where you went? Did you know that your existing in two places at once? So if I defeat you here, you die there...I want my friend back...

*Future Deac extends the Starkiller blade*
 Redwing
05-03-2002, 8:59 PM
If you think---

*Rwos Darkstar cuts off for the third time in a row when the craft rocks with the impact of Slave One's blaster bolts against it's shields*
 Deac
05-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Future Deac: Deac, you and Corzip get to the cockpit and get ready to eject it...

*They do so*

I know you bonded to my friend. I'm not the same Deac who left the Altenate universe for this and then went back in the past. If the Deac from just this future...I know how the battle on Coruscant is not going to end...so you must die here...

*Future Deac draws his blade and stabs Rwos Darkstar through the medallion , not harming Rwos, but torturing the avatar..
 Redwing
05-05-2002, 2:49 PM
AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

*The Darkstar yanks his body backwards, pushing the sword out of the precious medallion. Dark gold energy flows from the cut like blood from a wound*

You---you---DEMON!!! *the Darkstar clutches the medallion in pain, gasping; then forces himself to calm* So I overlooked something---*cough*Time to remedy my mistake! *Rwos' face twists into one of concentration and presses the medallion against his chest. His body glows blue, then darkens. The medallion glows the same color as his body and begins to melt through the skin. A light blue force field bubble surrounds Rwos Darkstar*

Now he and I will truly be one!!
 Deac
05-06-2002, 12:55 PM
*Future Deac does nothing but scowl at Rwos Darkstar. He's prepared for this for a long time. The medallion is now fused to Rwos' chest.

Deac slices off Rwos' head. It turns a lot lighter. Energy is now spewing from the possessed body*

I'm so sorry, old friend. It wasn't either of our faults...it was the damned Avatar's...
 Redwing
05-07-2002, 1:25 AM
*Rwos' severed head snarls at Deac from the ground. The body grabs it and places it back on his neck---and the skin melts together and darkens again, none the worse for wear except for the blood splashing everywhere.*

INCREDIBLE! This body has capabilities beyond anything I could have imagined! *he feels his neck* Almost completely healed in less than twenty seconds! Amazing! *he flexes his arm and points his finger at Deac* Let's see if you can duplicate that!

*Razor sharp knives of energy fly from Rwos' hand, directly at Deac.*

((OOS: Rwos is one of a genetically modified strain of gargoyle that can regenerate limbs. In Rwos Darkstar's case, this ability is hyperaccelerated by magic unlocked by the Darkstar from Rwos' mind/ This wouldn't be possible with the normal Rwos, but this Rwos has a being possessing him to pick up his head...;)

He wasn't kidding when he said all that stuff about Rwos being a really awesome host! :D))
 Wraith 8
05-07-2002, 7:12 AM
((OOS::eek: ))
 Deac
05-08-2002, 4:49 PM
*Future Deac snarls. He's had enough of this kind of thing...his hatred of the Darkstar is beginning to corrupt his soul. He runs over to the reactor core of the ship, and attaches a det-pack to it.*

Here's the deal, Darkstar: You leave Rwos and return to your own time...or I pull the trigger and neither of us exist. It's on a deadman's switch, so try anything and it'll be this last mistake either of us make...
 Redwing
05-09-2002, 12:53 AM
*laughs* And now for my deal, Starkiller. You can take a flying leap off of a dying star. I know you might sacrifice your friend Rwos and yourself to get rid of me, but what about your innocent Jedi friend? You're too--- *the whole ships shudders as it smashes into something invisible---and suddenly a huge formerly invisible space station decloaks in front of their eyes---and the ships careens into it, through the artificial atmosphere into a huge open hangar---and half the ship is ripped off. Future Deac falls with the reactor section, which explodes*
 Deac
05-09-2002, 5:34 PM
Damn! I've just seen my own death! But wait...shouldn't...

*Time changes. Future Deac is now the Deac of the first future. He doesn't take such a risk*

Future Deac: Deac, veer off! You're gonna hit something big in a few seconds!
 Redwing
05-10-2002, 1:21 AM
Time to die, little Jedi! *Rwos Darkstar sends a blast of energy through the wall, aiming for Corzip...the nearest person to him*
 Deac
05-11-2002, 5:48 PM
*Present Deac force pushes Corzip safely out of the way. And then something dawns on him...*

Rwos![He still doesn't know Rwos is being possessed.] If you kill ANY of us...then the future won't exist and this can never happen!

Get him!
 Redwing
05-13-2002, 1:36 AM
((OOS: Deac, can you clarify? I'm a little confused...

When you said: Damn! I've just seen my own death! But wait...shouldn't...

*Time changes. Future Deac is now the Deac of the first future. He doesn't take such a risk*

Future Deac: Deac, veer off! You're gonna hit something big in a few seconds!

What is the "first future"? What happened there?))
 Deac
05-13-2002, 5:23 PM
[Future Deac came back. Future Deac is not the Deac from The Alternate Universe . This Deac is from a future where he battles Rwos Darkstar. After time changes the Deac from The Alternate Universe is now in the old Future Deac's place.]

[And the award for the most use of the word Deac goes to-

Deac! For the above!]
 Redwing
05-14-2002, 12:07 AM
((OOS: Then how does he not know that Rwos is possessed?))
 Deac
05-14-2002, 4:53 PM
[Present Deac by now knows Rwos is somehow evil. Future Deac knows it's the Darkstar.

You should really be careful when messing with time and alternate universes.]
 Redwing
05-14-2002, 9:06 PM
((OOS: No, I just got confused with some of the wording.

A little fun thing we can do now...Rwos' teleporter's magic safeguards will protect all versions of Rwos, Deac and Corzip from being affected in the future by changes in this timeframe...but the timeframe itself can be changed to anything. (Unless, say, one of us died, then we'd dissappear in the future --- RPG for all)

So...let's have some fun with this! :D We can worry about fixing everything later.

Space-time continuum, here we come...:evil2: ))

Rwos aims for Deac this time. But the heavily damaged ship chooses this moment for it's remaining repulsorlifts to give out.

Collision course with a duracrete hangar floor a thousand feet below.

((OOS: This is a really frikkin BIG hangar btw :D ))

A Firespray emerges from the other side of the cloak field.
 Deac
05-15-2002, 3:52 PM
Present Deac: This is probably what Goroppa wanted me to find and how he wanted me to die!

Future Deac: You can't. Otherwise it would already have happened by the time you I got here!

Present Deac: What about this evil Rwos?
 Redwing
05-15-2002, 8:50 PM
Who cares? I don't, as long as you end up dead!
 Deac
05-17-2002, 3:41 PM
Future Deac: Darkstar, killing any of us changes the future that we go back to. This has gone on long enough. Go back to our time or we will possibly erase you from existence.
 Redwing
05-17-2002, 9:36 PM
HOW IN HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GO BACK? I'M STUCK HERE, THANKS TO YOU! BUT AT LEAST I CAN STILL KILL YOU!

*Rwos throws energy beams at Deac. Deac dodges into a corridor. Rwos charges after him, but stumbles and can't regain his footing. Klaxons blare in the falling ship. WARNING: GRAV SYSTEMS DAMAGED.*

Rwos manages to regain his footing, now walking on one of the walls. The ship continues to hurtle toward the hangar floor, thousands of feet below.
 Deac
05-18-2002, 3:52 PM
If you want to survive, Darkstar, then leave Rwos body. You'll find yourself returning to our time. I'm giving you to the count of 10 before I erase you from history!
 Redwing
05-18-2002, 6:10 PM
He's lying...this creature's memories tell me that the teleporter has "magic safeguards" that prevent that from happening...even if he could do it.

You're bluffing, Wuss Starkiller!
 Deac
05-20-2002, 5:09 PM
You've been around Syrnl for too long. His attitude's begun to rub off on you!

*As Rwos Darkstar begins to plan somekind of response, Future Deac shatters the medallion with his lightsaber-not the Starkiller sword, oddly.*

Redwing
05-22-2002, 2:01 AM
((OOS: Remember, the medallion fused with Rwos' chest))

*Rwos clutches his chest/the medallion in pain. He glares at Deac with rage.* You scum! When will it penetrate your skull that I AM INDESTRUCTIBLE?? *He takes his hand off his chest. The medallion has healed back together, thanks to the regenerative abilities of the body it is fused with.* The medallion is now a part of Rwos' body, just as I am a part of his mind! Face the truth Starkiller! Your wu---your friend is gone! Now there is only ME!

*As if to prove himself wrong, Rwos Darkstar suddenly grabs his head.* AAARRRRRGH! Why won't you STAY DOWN?? Oh....****!

He utteres this distinctively Terran euphemism for a good reason. The hangar floor below races towards them at an incredible speed. Rwos Darkstar runs for the opening of the falling ship and leaps out, opening his wings.

Impact.
 Deac
05-22-2002, 4:57 PM
Present Deac: That fool. When's he going to realise that WE can't die, otherwise Future Deac and him won't ever exist!

*Future Deac doesn't need to hear this. He leaps out and lands close to Darkstar*

When are you going to get it that the only way this can possibly end is your defeat one way or another. It's already happened. I'm offering you an easy way out.
 Redwing
05-22-2002, 10:25 PM
*in the air above Deac* Ah, but you're wrong, Deac Starkiller. None of this has happened. I have clear memories of this event. You never came here. You fought Slave One, and miraculously escaped thanks to your Jedi gunner. You fled into hyperspace with your engines leaking, and by the time you came back this place was gone. *grins and looks at the smoking hulk of the ship* Now your friend is gone, and Rwos is mine. Yet I am still here. So I think it's a safe bet that if I kill you, it won't change a thing. *from midair, aims his hand at Deac Starkiller* And now, you've got nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, and you're not going to be Deac Starkiller much longer, you're going to be Dead Starkiller. *laughs at his own joke* Say goodbye, Wuss! *A large ball of energy appears around his hand, and....

it stays there.*

What??? Why?? Why?? Why can't I kill you???
 Deac
05-23-2002, 5:51 PM
Because, even by possessing Rwos and coiming back here, you have undone yourself. I'm not going to invite my new arch-nemesis to go with me to shut down a portal to an alternate universe, you won't conquer my friend, and you'll NEVER EXIST!!!

*Pop! On this realisation, Rwos Darkstar begins to fade away...*

[Hahaha! Never mess with the timeline whilst using some else's bad guy and that someone else understands temperal mechanics*
 Redwing
05-24-2002, 2:03 AM
((OOS: Ummm, Deac...you didn't read my OOSes did you :D ...Rwos can't fade away...the teleporter prevents that from happening...if it wasn't for the teleporter, the instant Rwos Darkstar teleported to this dimension, he would have ceased to exist, because for him to exist, technically, this had to happen. The teleporter is shielding him from the effects. It's apparently shielding Deac as well. Of course, these events have to be undone somehow because if Rwos Darkstar keeps existing up to the time where he was supposed to be Termand Rwos in the Alternate Universe to be possessed by the Darkstar and come here, he will then cease to exist, and the time line will get...really screwed up. :D Until then, he's simply overwriting events like a virus in the time stream.))
Page: 2 of 4