Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Here's a hilarious joke!

Page: 1 of 1
 Thrawn
11-07-2001, 3:01 PM
Alright, ahem. . .

The year is 2104. A father and son are walking though New York City, while on vacation. They soon come upon a huge memorial, and the son asks, "Daddy, what is this memorial for?
"Well son, you see, about a hundred years ago some Arabs crashed 2 planes into the huge twin towers that used to be here. The towers collapsed, and this is a memorial for all of the people who died."
The son thinks about this for a moment, and then casually says, "Daddy, what's an Arab?"

ROTFL! Isn't that hilarious!!! :D :D :D
 Young David
11-07-2001, 5:32 PM
No ... sorry, but I don't find it funny ...
 darthfergie
11-07-2001, 5:35 PM
Yeah:D
I've seen it before...my Mom had it e-mailed to her...probably the first day it went around...(She gets EVERYTHING!!! 50+ e-mails a day)
 Olsmo Lahun
11-07-2001, 7:00 PM
i dont realy get it:confused:
 GIR
11-07-2001, 7:01 PM
I get it but it's not that funny

:eyeraise:
 Clefo
11-07-2001, 7:03 PM
Ahahahahahahahaha.. NO!
 Delphi's Clone
11-07-2001, 7:04 PM
lol funny
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-07-2001, 7:27 PM
Yeah, sure, all arabs in the world are dead because USA invaded Afghanistan. So every time there is a major war against a people that means the whole damn people is destroyed?

Yes, sure :rolleyes:. You know, you're so damn funny. *cough*Stereotypes*cough* *cough*

"This memorial is from the day when the arabs started a war on the Americans."

"Dad? What's an 'American'?"

Not funny? Certainly not. But it's just the same. Just that all those people die doesn't mean that the whole nation does.
 Zygomaticus
11-07-2001, 7:34 PM
first of all if your talking about arabs then your talking about saudi arabia and NOT AFGHANISTAN so they r not arabs
you could change the joke to terrorists but then that wouldnt be so funny anymore

thats too much stereotyping u cant be aginst every arab(correction afghani) in the world. i can undertsnad if your against terrorism but putting yourself against afghani's.

and once again arabs are not afghani's!!
 Kuma
11-07-2001, 8:15 PM
The year is 2104. A father and son are walking through Hiroshima City, while on vacation. They soon come upon a huge memorial, and the son asks, "Daddy, what is this memorial for?
"Well son, you see, more than a hundred years ago the americans launched a nuclear bomb on this city killing millions of civilians and this is a memorial for all of the people who died."
The son thinks about this for a moment, and then casually says, "Daddy, what's an American?"

Kuma
11-07-2001, 8:20 PM
The death of human beings is never hilarious. Even less when caused by the hand of another human. When it happens to some one close to you that you love a lot, maybe you will be able to understand this.
 Zygomaticus
11-07-2001, 8:25 PM
uuh
and kuma it wasnt a nuke it was an atomic bomb
 Kioet Csuhen
11-07-2001, 8:28 PM
ya, what right do we all have to take away the ability to live from another human being?
 Zygomaticus
11-07-2001, 8:36 PM
as somebody wisely said in his signature

Guns, aeroplanes, and bombs dont kill people. People kill people. Weapons only make it really easy

and killing isnt something in my opinion to be proud of
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-07-2001, 8:44 PM
The year is 2104. A father and son are walking through Hiroshima City, while on vacation. They soon come upon a huge memorial, and the son asks, "Daddy, what is this memorial for?
"Well son, you see, more than a hundred years ago the americans launched a nuclear bomb on this city killing millions of civilians and this is a memorial for all of the people who died."

The son thinks about this for a moment, and then casually says, "Daddy, what's a civilian?" :(
 Zygomaticus
11-07-2001, 8:47 PM
once again it wasnt a nuclear it was atomic.
nukes werent invented then
please understand my desire to correct you people from things u do or say wrong
 darthfergie
11-07-2001, 8:50 PM
Oh my goodness...PEOPLE IT IS JUST A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
MAN, all this flaming and fuss over this joke he got in his e-mail...:rolleyes:
 Zygomaticus
11-07-2001, 9:09 PM
im not flaming
i was just correcting his history about the nuke and atomic:D
 Dagobahn Eagle
11-07-2001, 9:12 PM
I got a slightly better one. Not by much, though:

edit: Removed it. Slightly offensive :)

I'm not complaining about your e-mail connections, but about what you do with them. You can't post whatever you want and say that it was just a joke.
 ICP Ringmaster
11-07-2001, 10:24 PM
hahahahhahahahahahahah ( very sarastic laugh) if you think that the total destrustion of a population of humans is funny well you were probably raise by the manson family
 EndSub
11-08-2001, 2:13 AM
C'mon guys.....its just a joke......don't take it so seriously :)
 Hannibal
11-08-2001, 10:06 AM
He did say "Isn't that hilarious!!!" That's a question (sort of). People were replying to the question.

I don't think it was funny either.
 Clefo
11-08-2001, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by krkode
as somebody wisely said in his signature

Guns, aeroplanes, and bombs dont kill people. People kill people. Weapons only make it really easy

and killing isnt something in my opinion to be proud of

Well that would be mine.. Its not quite the exact thing, its more related to the issue of guns but...

I'm wise! :D

Also, the joke really isn't that funny, but if the kid in it was, say, Ralph Wiggum, then it would make more sense to me
 Zygomaticus
11-08-2001, 10:27 AM
yes i was referring to u!!
ok so anyway since he meant no harm i guess itsok
 Thrawn
11-08-2001, 6:04 PM
Originally posted by darthfergie
Oh my goodness...PEOPLE IT IS JUST A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
MAN, all this flaming and fuss over this joke he got in his e-mail...:rolleyes:

GUYS! SAY THIS WITH ME: IT IS A JOKE! J-O-K-E, JOKE! WHAT is the big deal! I never said I made this up! MAN, YOU GUYS TOOK THIS WAY TOO LITERALLY! HOLY. . . Whew, step down from the flaming booth and take a look at what you just scorched to death. I 4 sentance JOKE! WOW! Oivey, it's just a joke. . . Most jokes aren't meant to be taken absolutely literally. . . If only you guys would build up the good stuff as much as you flame the bad stuff. . . :( If it's offensive to anyone I'll delete the thread, ok?
 Zygomaticus
11-08-2001, 6:56 PM
im ok with the joke
i was just correcting the arab, terrorist thing
and the nuclear atomic thing
thats all
 Hannibal
11-09-2001, 12:48 PM
Thrawn no need to delete it. Yeah its a bad joke but humor is subjective. I saw Jay Leno had the dancing Bin Ladens. I think that's going to far. Just 'cause I feel that way doesn't mean that it's wrong though. Some(most) of the funniest jokes I've heard would be insulting to someone, somewhere(especially Polish people, give them a break already:D).

Besides, I'd much rather read a joke that I thought wasn't funny than a post from some idiot saying we should just nuke Afganistan.

Oh yeah. I still don't think it's funny. ;)
 ICP Ringmaster
11-09-2001, 5:56 PM
well ok i'll take it as a joke..(even though i am part arab and its not fair to say that it is there fault that osama bin laden is fighting a mad holy war on american. you assume that since someone is from a certain area that they are terrorist and that they should be abliterated from the face of this planet! and i lied im not part arab but i still think that it is wrong to say it is the arabs fault. actualy most arabs are tryin got help us, but we assume that they are scum and we can make stupid corny jokes about them):mad: :mad: :mad:
 Zygomaticus
11-09-2001, 6:55 PM
thats what im trying to tell them
ARABS arent terrorists and neither ar afghani's
they just happen to be from those countries
stereotyping is bad!!!!!!!!!
 raVen_image
12-09-2001, 3:51 PM
Originally posted by Kuma
The year is 2104. ...Daddy, what's an American?"
This ...and the first joke Are both funny

I agree, about the comment of stereotypes, but the funniest jokes are based on stereotypes. Have you ever laughed from a "politically-correct" joke?
 Redwing
12-09-2001, 3:56 PM
Originally posted by Thrawn
Alright, ahem. . .

The year is 2104. A father and son are walking though New York City, while on vacation. They soon come upon a huge memorial, and the son asks, "Daddy, what is this memorial for?
"Well son, you see, about a hundred years ago some Arabs crashed 2 planes into the huge twin towers that used to be here. The towers collapsed, and this is a memorial for all of the people who died."
The son thinks about this for a moment, and then casually says, "Daddy, what's an Arab?"

Not. Funny. One of my best friends is an Arab.
 Boba Rhett
12-09-2001, 4:06 PM
Let's just let this die, people. Ok? :)
 Supreme Warlord
12-09-2001, 4:54 PM
WOw this thread has caused strong reaction from other people concerning the lives of Human Being. This thread pretty much make you aware of the power of Mankind. We have the ability to destroy our self in one war. That is quite scary to me. America is really the only nation that has the power to destroy anything. There is no way to escape from our ability to imagine and then create a mass of destruction weapons... I shudder at the very thought of a nuclear war. I believe people like Osamo Bin Laden is the people that will use those kind of weapon and ignite a nuclear war. This is the reason why I agree with President Bush to develop a Missle Shield or some kind of shielding technolgy. This way we will elimate the fear of nukes. Only the enemies of American and America allies will have to fear nukes. I could ramble on forever about this but I wont. I just thought i would mention this...:)
 Rogue Nine
12-09-2001, 5:06 PM
Guys, calm down. I don't wanna close another thread. Either shape up or this thread gets blown up.
 Darth_Rommel
12-09-2001, 6:46 PM
Don't just close it, delete it. ;)
 Hannibal
12-10-2001, 8:54 AM
This thread is over a month old. Who revived it? It needed to be closed back then.

PS Joke still not funny :)
 Dagobahn Eagle
12-10-2001, 9:53 PM
GUYS! SAY THIS WITH ME: IT IS A JOKE! J-O-K-E, JOKE!

An [b]offensive[/b joke, still.

Figure I'll turn the tables :atat:
The year is 2104. A father and son are walking through New York City, while on vacation. They soon come upon a huge memorial, and the son asks, "Daddy, what is this memorial for?
"Well son, you see, more than a hundred years ago the United States elected a president named George W. Bush and this is a memorial for all of the people who died due to all his mistakes."
The son thinks about this for a moment, and then asks, puzzled: "The united states?".

:)
 GB_StormTrooper
12-10-2001, 9:57 PM
um rhett, wed better close this before enemies start poppin up in here......
 Redwing
12-11-2001, 3:21 AM
Originally posted by Darth_Rommel
Don't just close it, delete it. ;)

Quiet Rommie. ;) :p
 duder
12-11-2001, 4:25 AM
I dont see for any reason why this should be deleted, isnt important we share views on these matters? even if it is in disagreement!
fair enough moderate cut out the offensive stuff but otherwise let the opinions flow :cool:
 Supreme Warlord
12-11-2001, 9:53 AM
Okay man...Eagle why are you trying to start up an arguement again? Mods delete this thing. LET IT DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!I agree with duder about sharing views but this is too depressing and sadistic thoughts....
 Mitth'raw'nuruodo
12-11-2001, 3:21 PM
Ugh. . . I think I'm just going to delelte this myself! Some people take this as my heldfast belief and i don't wanna be falamed anymore. . . Should I delete it?
 captain_drake
12-11-2001, 3:27 PM
delate it but talk that that .......................ugh candian about what will happen if he talks like that again about my homeland

the war has nothing to do with this forum
i get on the internet to get away from "real life"
for a while ok :saberg: :saberg:
Page: 1 of 1