Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Level 4 is impossible to beat!!!!

Page: 1 of 2
 Qui-Gon Jinn
02-07-2000, 12:58 AM
Why does this game have to be so hard? I barely beat level 3, and level 4 is nearly impossible to beat. I thought of using the cheat codes, but I was afraid my thumbs were going to get cut off.........

------------------
"Be Mindful of the Living Force." - Qui-Gon Jinn
 Shootist
02-07-2000, 1:45 AM
It just takes patience, patience, patience, you'll feel better if you work real hard. Geez! Sounds like something a parent might say. Well, cheat if you must, but then go back and leave the cheats out. Sincerely, you'll really get a buzz offa just beatin' those digital bad dudes into little mushey pieces.

------------------
ACK...Phht!!
Bill the Cat
 Conor
02-07-2000, 3:18 AM
Is level 4 the big construction yard level?

That was one of the harder levels, it took me a few tries to beat it. What exactly is your problem?

------------------
Right is right even if nobody is doing it, and wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it.
-St. Augustine
 Imladil
02-07-2000, 6:20 AM
No, no...level four is the naked dancing pirates level. You know, get the rum, blow up the ship and climb like mad for the sun.

<font size=1>That's it. Clearly Imladil has lost it altogether. Shut off and reboot--</font>
 GUNNER
02-07-2000, 10:20 AM
If you think this is bad wait till you get to Fest. Hoooobooooy. But seriously what's the problem , I'm sure we can help.
 Ikhnaton
02-07-2000, 12:38 PM
Level 4 is the defection at Correllia, right? The hard part is first finding the damn AT-ATs and then taking them down. If you play the level enough you get the hang of where things are and don't waste time trying to find it so that you have more time to take them down. As far as taking them down, all you have to do once you get the harpoon connected is adjust your speed and position so that all you have to do is keep your speed at minimum and hold your stick all the way to the left or right. It will allow you to circle the AT-AT without having to readjust. It just takes practice http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)

Use the force http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)
 Conor
02-07-2000, 2:14 PM
Oops, that is what I get for trying to give advice on a game I haven't played in almost exactly a year. :P

------------------
Right is right even if nobody is doing it, and wrong is wrong even if everybody is doing it.
-St. Augustine
 Qui-Gon Jinn
02-07-2000, 7:58 PM
Yeah, the level is defection at Corellia. The hardest part is when I have to take down that damn AT-AT. The tow cable is impossible to be performed. Every time I try to wrap it with the tow cable, that retarded General Reeiken tells me the mission is a failure. (Why don't they just kill Crix Madine??)

------------------
"Be Mindful of the Living Force." - Qui-Gon Jinn
 Conor
02-07-2000, 8:09 PM
It really isn't that hard. You just have to fly at the right speed and angle. After some practise it becomes a no-brainer.

------------------
-St. Augustine
 Imladil
02-08-2000, 7:51 AM
It is possible to gun those industrial hogmunchers down, but it takes about five minutes of back-and-forth strafing to get the job done. Pretty explosion, though...

My own 'gift-wrapping' technique is slightly different from Ike's. I floor the accelerator after I've hooked the fish, then dive down to the deck and ride on the repulsor field on my way around its legs. Kind of like a merry-go-round...

It sounds as if you're getting whacked during the last assault, against the tech center where Crix Madine is located. Are you taking out the two AT-ST's that are shooting at the building before moving on to the AT-AT? If you don't bust those guys in the head, they zap up your guys pretty dang quick.

Has anyone here successfully shot down the Millenium Falcon at Correlia? I've been trying...

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the Podracer

"My own sense of optimism just doesn't...aw, **** it."

--Little Jimmy
 ovienandenobi
02-11-2000, 1:32 AM
I got the Shadows Of The Empire demo and it's a lot easier, so when I went back to RS it was a breeze.

------------------
If only you knew the power of the dark side
 Peashooter
02-25-2000, 2:57 AM
Hey "Qui-Gon", ever get this one? My guess is you're dallying with the fighters too long. Just ignore 'em. Go straight for the cows.

That's one of my favorite levels.
 Rick Gateley
02-25-2000, 8:59 PM
OK all you have to do is type in WIMPAMI as a passcode. Then you will be able to access all levels!

Rick Gateley
Ensign
Y-wing expert
 defalcon
02-26-2000, 10:17 AM
When the bombers make runs on the city, go full throttle on them to kill them faster. Then, head to the tech centre, andflatten the AT-ST's and AT-AT. GO grab the bonus, then come back when they ask you to kill the TIES

I haven't yet shot down the falcon, but if anyone wants to kill another speeder, just ram em.
 fisherman_1988
04-09-2000, 9:11 PM
when I got to that level It was inposible because i didn't know how to activate the harpoons and toe cables, but then I figured i out after that it was a piece of cake.
 garyah99
04-09-2000, 10:40 PM
As Ike said, the trickiest part is getting the hang of taking down the AT-AT's. Once you figure the propewr speed/turn ratio it's a piece of cake.

------------------
Every time I think I've found the end of the rainbow...I trip over it.
 Vдinдmцinen
04-11-2000, 12:32 PM
Where is the bonus in there (Correlia)?
(I seem to have difficulties to find bonuses in every level http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/smile.gif)
 garyah99
04-11-2000, 2:37 PM
The bonus here is in the city down by the second AT-AT and AT-ST's. The easiest way I've found to get it is to fly past the city then double back with both breaks on and dive quickly, then climb quickly or you'll hit a building. Good luck!

------------------
Every time I think I've found the end of the rainbow...I trip over it.
 Evil Spock
04-13-2000, 6:37 AM
Another novel approach is to blow up the buildings surrounding the bonus, then just fly through at your leisure.

------------------
"Beware the bearded one."
 Lt Cracken
04-13-2000, 4:51 PM
Level 4? ohhh... a speeder level. I HATE speeder levels! (except the hoth secret one!)
 Sa Memax
04-14-2000, 3:41 AM
My least favorite levels are Raid on Sullust & Escape from Fest.
Sheesh!! its all on time and accuracy in those levels.
If you have trouble with the fighters switch to cockpit mode and you get tracking for the blasters.Meaning the blaster aims directly at your target.
Have fun.
 Imladil
04-14-2000, 6:03 AM
I dunno. I like the speeder, but only because of its guns. If you're a zap-happy sky terrorist, and don't have the patience it takes to deal with overheated weapons, the speeder can light up your world a little.

As a maneuverable fighter, though, the speeder bites wind. Bearing in mind that its just a civilian speeder with laser cannon bolted on, it can never outfly a true starfighter. I hate those TIE fighters on Balmorra (the factory planet), because I know my speeder wallows like a Cadillac against them.

On the other hand, I like the floaty kind of ride the repulsor field provides. When you ride the cushion, you also get a little more speed out of the thing.

Actually, I think the speeder would be best suited to defoliation missions...you know, like in the Vietnam war, when the Americans sought to deny the Viet Cong the cover of jungle by killing off the plant life. If we were faced with Imperial insurgents in the jungles of Thyferra, for example, we could send through a wing of speeders with orders to 'make kindling.'

------------------
"The entire universe is simply the fractal chaos boundary between intersecting domains of high and low energy."

--Imladil the transliteral

"a lot of people got sick from drinking seawater before the early humans developed language."

--Little Jimmy
 Wedge_man
04-19-2000, 9:01 PM
Whats a bonus is it like , you know when you find the yelow things in the boxes and they say they found some cluster secrit missles or some advanced shield technolagy. that must be it.

------------------
Wedge_man has spoken
 Shootist
04-19-2000, 10:26 PM
Well, I just don't understand. My wife tried the 'advanced shield technology' and she Still couldn't get the gold. Actually I think the super pads with wings are a far more fearsome weapon.

------------------
Don't do things like wear stinkey green tennis shoes, they may get a lot of attention, but attention ain't the same thing as love...Ack...Phhht!!!
 Lt Cracken
04-19-2000, 10:29 PM
well, finish the level as best you can, and see the after battle tallies (time, enemies killed, bonus, accuracy, ect) That tells ya when you need to work on!
 Imladil
04-20-2000, 5:19 AM
*(Imladil thinks quietly to himself, <font size=1>'...super pads with wings...fearsome weapon...?'</font>)*
 Shootist
04-20-2000, 10:16 AM
Yeah, there are two drawbacks to the fearsome Super Pad with Wings. They'll only fly about once a month and it makes some female pilots kinda grouchy.

------------------
Don't do things like wear stinkey green tennis shoes, they may get a lot of attention, but attention ain't the same thing as love...Ack...Phhht!!!
 Imladil
04-21-2000, 6:30 AM
Pad or stick...I hear it's a personal choice. http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)
 Lt Cracken
04-22-2000, 2:38 AM
sush, both of you.
 Shootist
04-22-2000, 4:44 PM
"sush" SUSH? you say welllllll Nobody Ever has to tell me when to sush, I ALWAYS know when to sush. I'm not one to rattle on and on when there is no need to keep on and on. I know exactly when to sush, you know "keep my mouth shut, be quiet, zip a lip and refrain from blabbering on. Why I never yak yak yak til someone has to tell me to sush. My mamma taught ME how to stop talking when it wasn't needed, you know be seen and not heard...silence is golden, yea that's what she said. As I said earlier I know when to shut up and listen. You know listening is one of my strong points and shuting up is the first step in good listening. How can anyone listen to anyone else when they're talking all the time. So as you can see I KNOW when to shut up. I have to go take a breath now. (I love Bugs Bunny Cartoons)

------------------
 Lt Cracken
04-22-2000, 6:42 PM
HOW DARE YOU TALK BACK TO ME BOY!! *whack*
SHUT YER MOUTH! *whack*
NOW GO TO YOUR ROOM, AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU DID!! (j/k) http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)
 Shootist
04-23-2000, 2:45 AM
BOY? You ever see a boy with a....oops wrong forum fer that. Yeah the best way to trip up those AT-ATs is to fire the harpoon as you approach from the rear, turn hard left and DOWN low enough to mow the grass.

------------------
 Imladil
04-23-2000, 7:08 AM
Elapsed 180-degree turnaround time: 2.17 seconds.
 The Master
04-26-2000, 10:05 PM
Stop hitting yourself! (slap)

Man doesn't that hurt! Stop it already!
 Lt Cracken
04-27-2000, 12:23 AM
let's try NOT to do that again, though humoris as that was. at least not on that scale.
 Lujayne
04-27-2000, 12:26 AM
Heh heh heh (*snicker*)
 Lt Cracken
04-27-2000, 12:30 AM
don't encourage , -L.
 The Master
04-27-2000, 9:09 PM
Stop hitting yourself (slap)
Stop hitting yourself (crack)
Well, I warned you! Now we have to go to the doctor! Now your jaw is broken! You are careless let alone stupid! (he he)
 Imladil
04-27-2000, 9:38 PM
Okay. I'll hit you, then. <font size=3>*Smack!*</font>

There. Now stop making me crazy.

http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/biggrin.gif)

------------------
"Is the state of being realized as important as realizing the state of being?"
--Thrustweasel of Earth
 Lujayne
04-27-2000, 9:48 PM
Hm, um, yes. Once was cute, twice is just annoying!
--L.
 The Master's Apprentice
05-02-2000, 8:19 PM
Master,Master! Are you hurt? No? Dang.

[This message has been edited by The Master's Apprentice (edited May 02, 2000).]
 TerrorMaroon
05-05-2000, 4:37 PM
Getting the secret bonus...

My favorite method for getting th bonus is to fly out of the city and approach it at ground level. You can enter the building complex at very slow speed (kiling the two stormtroopers in the way), take the left turn, grab the bonus and then fly *UP* and out. That makes it fairly easy. I think the AT-AT is after that.
 young_zev
05-09-2000, 3:52 PM
Yeah, that level is way too hard.
The guy who made it must be some kind of eveel SITH LORD.
One time I blew up a building and a rebell pilot ran out.
WHASSUP with DAT?
 BanthaBob
05-09-2000, 4:09 PM
The level rocked.
It was Epic. I really felt like I acomplished something after it. I was like, yeah, I am a #$%-kicking Rebel.
Not like that prison train level, I finished that in like a minute.

And yeah, if you blow up the largest building in the middle city, a little pilot comes running out...what is up?
 young_zev
05-09-2000, 4:17 PM
I was asleep in my bean-bag chair by the time I finished that Bore-ellia level. HA!
It took me about a week to finish it. I nearly starved!
I don't want to save Crix Madine anymore. He's just gonna die by getting killed by Gurga the Hutt later on, anyway. What's the point?

You musta finished that train level in a minute because you didn't kill anything else in the level. You are a sucka, and you are not on my squadron, punk.
 BanthaBob
05-09-2000, 4:42 PM
You just must be upset becasue you couldn't finish it.
I go back and play it again and again.
It looks cool and I love when the Falcon comes in.
I flew all around that train level and it was boring, I just went after the train, diabled it and it was over, like that, nothing. I didn't need to kill anything else.

Im not in your squardon, fine, I want experinced pilots, not lollygaggers.
 Imladil
05-10-2000, 8:38 AM
Well, neither of you are in my squadron! My wingmen would have realized that the rebel pilot was a spy and zapped his ass into screaming charcoal!

*Rant, rant* That's what bites about flying with the underdog team...sometimes you gotta fly with mutts.

http://www.roguesquadron.net/forums/wink.gif)
 young_zev
05-10-2000, 4:42 PM
That guy was a SPY???
Dam, now I gotta go back and kill all the rebels I see.
Stupid level, always tricking you...
 The Master
05-11-2000, 12:06 PM
Oh great, guys he is back.
Stop hitting yourself. (slap)
Stop hitting yourself. (CRACK)
This is just super. This time your paying for the doctor bill. It was your fault and you'll have to deal with it!
 Imladil
05-12-2000, 8:13 AM
...And three times indicates what--complete lack of self discipline or just plain not-smartness?
Page: 1 of 2