Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

how did everyone come about choosing their names?

Page: 2 of 3
 MadPoster
08-01-2001, 10:00 PM
Darth Poster? naaa...
Darth Mad? Naaaaa.....
Darth MadPoster....
Naaaaa....

I'll just stick with mine the way it is...
 access_flux
08-02-2001, 12:10 AM
DArth FluX

i dun think that would work, it sounds like a kind of enema.... :p
 oninosensi
08-02-2001, 1:10 AM
Darth Oni

hehe- says it all! :D
 WD_ToRMeNt
08-02-2001, 1:20 AM
Bah, ToRMeNt is a name that tells the other people what you are about when it comes to gaming. You will die and I will laugh :) Get ready too be ToRMeNted. Intimidation and mind games are as important as reflexes in a 1v1 FF game.

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: -WD- ToRMeNt ]
 GonkH8er
08-02-2001, 5:49 AM
Darth GonkH8er ?

nah, gonkh8er's corny enough as it is :)
 Darth Simpson
08-02-2001, 8:44 AM
Indeed. :D
 GonkH8er
08-02-2001, 10:05 AM
hey, u be quiet, redneck viking :)

lol...
 bam
08-02-2001, 11:19 AM
mine is pretty obvious if any of u watch jackass
bam margera rocks!
 ed_silvergun
08-02-2001, 11:53 AM
Darth Moe would work pretty well...

I used to go by a number of different nicknames on the Zone years ago. I was at various points both Phantom_Lord and Mr_Shhh, until I hit on ed_silvergun one time in Quake III. After that, it became my nickname first on the O-WK.net forums, then on all other forums I've signed up for since.

Ed (pretty obviously) is my first name, and Silvergun comes from the Stone Temple Pilots song "Silvergun Superman". Btw, I'm seeing the Stone Temple Pilots live in August.
 Darth Simpson
08-02-2001, 1:55 PM
LOL Gonk! :)
 CaptainRAVE
08-02-2001, 5:31 PM
Who started this Darth thing?? Dam annoying it is and not funny....well maybe just a little
 MadPoster
08-02-2001, 5:34 PM
I'll give ya a hit- his first name is George.
 Kurgan
08-02-2001, 8:41 PM
Highlander...
 CaptainRAVE
08-02-2001, 8:45 PM
Good film that :)
 GonkH8er
08-03-2001, 3:28 AM
McFly?

:) creepy thin man.... gotta luv him. cant remember his name...

ahh gotta luv back to the future
 Denise
08-03-2001, 6:58 AM
Ehhhhh, 'tis my name. Nothing fancy.

Well, actually there is a bit of reasoning to it. If I give myself an alias I tend to hide behind it, saying things I wouldn't want associated with my given name. So I stick with this to keep myself honest. :)
 MadPoster
08-04-2001, 9:51 PM
So your being open and honest?

Your not lying to me?

:D
 Obi Kwan
08-06-2001, 3:40 AM
Kwan is my last name and I used to get ranked on for this one tye dye starwars shirt I used to wear to school, hence "Obi Kwan"
 GonkH8er
10-04-2001, 2:28 PM
*bump* for Sі
 StormHammer
10-04-2001, 5:43 PM
Looks like I missed this thread first time around. Probably during the time of my computer woes. ;(

I wanted a name that could be used in an SF and Fantasy context. I've since learned that it is not uncommon on the net...but I'm not about to change it unless I have to.

I also like it in this context...

"Storm their base, and Hammer their defences!"

That's kind of how I play a lot of games. :D
 Vader's Apprentice
10-05-2001, 7:15 AM
Hey Vader rules and who wouldnt want to be his apprentice :confused:
 SlowbieOne
10-05-2001, 1:49 PM
Slowbie - Slow Newbie. I use this name to throw off unsuspecting JK'ers, because I'm actually a veteran and I play VERY fast.

One - I AM THE FIRST! :D
 GonkH8er
10-05-2001, 2:07 PM
and it rhymes with obi wan!

well mine rhymes with.........

Gonk ate her?

[ October 05, 2001: Message edited by: GonkH8er ]
 acdcfanbill
10-05-2001, 3:29 PM
gonk, didnt we discuss that earlier, when someone actually though it was 'ate her'??? :rolleyes:
 GonkH8er
10-05-2001, 4:07 PM
did we? lol i either cant remember it, or i wasnt present :)
 Letalis
10-06-2001, 12:12 AM
Ewww, mental picture...

*Shudders* :rolleyes:
 RogueJedi86
01-23-2002, 11:36 PM
My name came from um......the idea of a Rogue Jedi(half-bad,half-bad,but straying towards good,like Qui-Gon with a bit more evil). And 86......The year my beautiful Jedi self began to grace this universe!
 StarScrap
01-23-2002, 11:58 PM
Now is that 1886 1986 or 2086? Lol.

Mine started from my days of StarCraft. The stupid name thing wasn't letting me pick anything I wanted at first (which were all pure StarCraft anyway, useless for an overall name). So finally I hit on StarScrap because I SUCKED. So there you go. I got my name because I was awful. Oh, and at the time it didn't occur to me that it was similar at all to StarCraft. Anyway, now I identify with it so much that it has become much a part of me. I am held back from saying things I wouldn't normally because it is NOT an allias. (actually I was pretty out there when I kept changing names, but now I'm me. Wouldn't want to soil the name)
 GUNNER
01-24-2002, 12:48 AM
Someone dug up an old relic I see.

Might as well join on in....

When I was a kid many years ago a guy on my dads softball team was called Gunner because he had a great arm. It sounded cool so I went with it. I was also a newb at typing and I would just stick with the caps on because it was a pain to go from caps on to caps off so when I registered I just went with GUNNER. I also like to think of it as ,I'm GUNNING your butt down.

I also go by Stallion on the XWA board. :rolleyes:

And my CS clan name is Juggernaut but if I change now no one will know who I am.:D
 [SWS]Strider
01-24-2002, 1:20 AM
I read LOTR about a year ago and liked it alot. I needed a name for a foum so I was thinking of a character from LOTR. I skimmed the pages and thought about it a bit and finally decided on Strider (somtimes aragorn). Reason is I like his personality and people's perception on him. Most of his enemies underestimate hime, because he is quiet and dosen't flaunt his abilities. Yet at the same time he is not to be messed with, and the people who know him closely know that thier is more to him than meets the eye.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost

Strider
 GonkH8er
01-24-2002, 2:01 AM
woot. thread revival :)
 Outlaw_Torn
01-24-2002, 10:38 AM
Lol Gonk, Outlaw Torn's a song by Metallica and their my favorite band.
 Hannibal
01-24-2002, 1:00 PM
As it turns out, my real name is Hannibal. What a coincidence hunh? I didn't even realize it. I chose a name then after about a year realized that it was the same as my real name.

That's weird.:eek: I'm a little freaked out.
 Scav
01-24-2002, 3:22 PM
I go through a constant identity crisis everyday with my name. I can never decide.

I started with Medic, and my seeming infatuation for a profession of the same name. I kept interchanging between names, including Strider, Anarky, and others.

I'm actually looking at changing my name again, but I can't seem to find one worthy of a linguistic supercomputer that fits me... :(

Anyone have any ideas? My clanmates are trying desperately to make me be Medic again, but I'm just not Medic anymore.
 Eets
01-24-2002, 4:17 PM
I just sneezed, and there it was!!
 Scav
01-24-2002, 4:17 PM
I've chosen a list of names I like, but I can't choose. It's mostly old languages, like Welsh and Greek.

Kestral // Kestrel
Maori // Maiar
Solon // Sirius
Maegen // Mawgan
 Agen
01-24-2002, 5:21 PM
Damn i seem to be 3 pages l8 but here's a little story...
Weeeeeeellll one time a person called Butt_Scratcher was playing Nar Loading Terminal and i was owning too much in the early days of JK and then this guy was accusing me of cheating.... though it was practically not known how to hceat in those days.... and then he kept calling me terminator on the servers/zone and a name was born(not terminator yet)............ Me and my cousin started developing the best conbtrol systme ever invented... i tell you nushing.... and then we were working it out in Quake when i got blown into the lava during a test and the name.. *Pigeon* came up saying "Pigeon was Terminated" i decided that Terminator was my destiny and form that day i am now Terminator.. Then i had PTerminator.... the HDK_Terminator_blah lbah thne i had JT_Terminator then i got the great name Agent_Termie... i decided it was too cheesy so i used the T to join the Agen with Erminator with made a name such as AgenTerminator. I stuck with that and then changed to Agen_Terminator which i carry to this day. prbably the most irrelevant story u'll hear today but i had to spill the beans.
 StarScrap
01-24-2002, 5:57 PM
The underscore ruins the effect of the combining. I always thought that Agen was your clan or somesuch.

NOOOO!!!! SCAV!! Don't change your name!! How would I recognize you? Or if you must pick one from that list make it Kestrel. Birds are neat.
 Scav
01-24-2002, 6:34 PM
Originally posted by StarScrap
The underscore ruins the effect of the combining. I always thought that Agen was your clan or somesuch.

NOOOO!!!! SCAV!! Don't change your name!! How would I recognize you? Or if you must pick one from that list make it Kestrel. Birds are neat.

Yeah, my clanmates relented and let me be Kestrel. Rendar wanted it to be a transformer, and it turned out that Kestrel is a fanmade TF. *shrug*

All I have to do is find suitable words for K.E.S.T.R.E.L, so I can use it in my signature. :: K.E.S.T.R.E.L model TSG-SELS One ::

K.E.S.T.R = [Kestr]el E.L= Errorless Linguistics

Eh? :) I'll register it after I do the dishes.
 Kestral
01-24-2002, 6:48 PM
I had to settle for Kestral. Apparently, someone already has Kestrel. *shrug* Must be on another forum.

How does it look? *twirls*
 Millions o' Monkeys
01-24-2002, 6:55 PM
well im a little late to reach this thread because i did go to sleep last night.

now straight to it....its a long story about me one day running jk and then out of the corner of my eye i saw on the television a documentary about monkeys......there were millions o' them :)

i also use the aliases White Knight and occasionally Chrynos ....i have no idea how i came about those
 GonkH8er
01-24-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Outlaw_Torn
Outlaw Torn's a song by Metallica and their my favorite band.

I'd have to say its one of my favourite tallica songs too. Not THE favourite, but one of :)
 TheJackal
01-25-2002, 9:18 AM
HAHA I just saw my first every sig banner! Man that is ugly! It is on the first page of this thread. I guess when the forum switch overs the two user names were forced together and that was still lives.

Man I just realised how much I changed my avatar and sig!

Out with the red and in with the teal!
 StarScrap
01-25-2002, 11:55 AM
Lol. Looks like it just say "he Jack".
 gamebooger
01-25-2002, 12:47 PM
my name...I think I was surfing the sims website and thought of it. maybe I was picking my nose at the time....
 Nyghtfall
01-25-2002, 6:26 PM
I was introduced to telecommunications and the world of local hobby BBS's in 1987. I've used countless nicknames since, mostly chosen after bands I idolized or martial arts heros I liked to mimmick after watching their movies.

I discovered the Internet in 1995, while reading an article on some new-fangled thing called the World Wide Web. My wife and I, being the technophiles we are, quickly jumped onto the band wagon, found an ISP, and began surfing the web.

While creating our account, we were asked to choose a nickname to be known by. I decided the Internet was going to be my fresh, new start into an even broader world of telecommunications, and wanted something original, that most reflected my personality. After a few minutes of brain storming I came up with Nightfall. As it turned out, that spelling of the word was already taken, so I replaced the 'i' with a 'y'. The rest is history, and I haven't used anything else since.
 duder
01-28-2002, 9:38 AM
Inspired by the dude, in 'The Big Lebowski'. A true American hero!!!

:cool:
 Broode
01-28-2002, 9:42 AM
Funnily enough, mine was a typo. I was playing Diablo 2 online and i had already taken my 2 other names, overted and Deprived, as characters. I was looking through the manual when i came upon something that read like "he fell into a dark, brooding depression" and i thought brood, thats a cool word (not thinking of the starcraft relationship BTW), so i typed it out a bit too fast and put an e on the end. Tada, my name was born.

Oh and BTW, its pronounced the same as brood, I've heard countless things like broody, brodie and broodй. Its just brood, plain and simple, but with an extra e for added flavour.
 acdcfanbill
01-28-2002, 10:47 AM
ohhhh, i though it was something like brodie from mallrats:D
 Bartolo_JCS
01-28-2002, 2:34 PM
Now here's a little song I wrote, you might want to learn it note for note a be happy! A don't worry be happy now! :)
Page: 2 of 3