Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

What graphics programs do you all use?

Page: 1 of 1
 Ice Man
06-24-2001, 12:36 AM
I'm looking to make some half-decent graphics, but I have not much talent in that field. Problem is, I don't have the money to spend on a program such as Fireworks or Photoshop. I'm also sick of 30-day trials.

So what stuff do you all have; those who make the buttons for the contest; those with the cool little buttons in their sigs; those who make cool interfaces for their websites.

The programs for graphics that I currently have are:
Microsoft Image Composer Professor Franklins Photo Effects Correl Photo House 2 Microsoft Photo Editor Microsoft Paint couple of others that are not worth mentioningSo what do I need besides a little talent for this stuff?
 Mafia_Jabba
06-24-2001, 12:38 AM
Paint shop pro and fireworks are the most versitale (spelling)

[ June 23, 2001: Message edited by: Mafia_Jabba ]
 Ice Man
06-24-2001, 12:53 AM
I'd love to have those programs. Sadly they cost money. And quite a bit of money.
 matt--
06-24-2001, 1:03 AM
There are other unofficial means by which to get these programs.

*Note: Matt-Windu and JediKnightII.net do not condone the use of or possesion of an such material. It is illegal!*
 Mafia_Jabba
06-24-2001, 1:29 AM
Iceman...what is your connection...if you want me to send you my legal copies then email me at mafia_jabba@hotmail.com
 matt--
06-24-2001, 1:30 AM
Send him legal copies. I thought that was a contradiction.
 Mafia_Jabba
06-24-2001, 2:52 AM
na na na no contradiction there bucco ;)
 matt--
06-24-2001, 3:32 AM
Then ok. If its not illegal(or as long as I don't know about it) :), I would like them. I'll search edonkey2000 later, or would those copies be illegal?
 Seryl Cann
06-24-2001, 8:04 AM
I mainly use Photoshop 6.0 (origanally made by Star Wars special effects guys btw). It's the best profesional graphics program out there for the PC. Also I do some things in Flash 5 sometimes.

couple of others that are not worth mentioning

MS Paint and Photo Editor ARE worth mentioning???? I don't want to know what the other programs are then :p

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: Seryl Cann ]
 Kurgan
06-24-2001, 8:14 PM
Let me re-iterate again here, that there is to be no trading of warez on our public forums. If you want to discuss that, do it someplace else, and you take your chances on your own. Thanks.

Being an art student, we can get a lot of that stuff at discounted prices, or else we can use it for free at school, it's pretty nice. Personally I like Photoshop and have used it for years, with my scanner.

If you can't afford it, a good alternative is Paint Shop Pro (which my roommate swears by). As everyone knows, MS Paint just doesn't cut it for any serious work.

But if you save your money, I think Photoshop is one of the best, if not the best, once you learn how to use it effectively.

Kurgan
 Mafia_Jabba
06-24-2001, 10:36 PM
did anyone even mention the word warez before you did ??? =)
 Ice Man
06-26-2001, 3:28 PM
I think I'll pass on the trading of software over the net.
 Ice Man
06-28-2001, 1:09 AM
Originally posted by Seryl Cann:
<STRONG>MS Paint and Photo Editor ARE worth mentioning???? I don't want to know what the other programs are then :p</STRONG>

LOL, well I got programs like Kodak Imaging, which in my opinion is a redundant program on my system. I see your point though... :D
 StormHammer
06-29-2001, 8:40 PM
Ice Man...

I've found it's worth while looking through a whole bunch of PC magazines each month, particularly PC home/art mags, because some give you complete free versions of software now and again. I've managed to obtain fully working versions of the following applications in this way...

Painter 3 (excellent natural media prog)
PaintShop Pro 4 (very good all-rounder with some Photoshop functionality - and I used it to upgrade to PaintShop Pro 5 at a reduced cost)
Bryce 2
TrueSpace 2
Poser 1.1
Adobe PhotoDeluxe 2 (useful for some rough-and-ready filtering effects)
CorelDraw 3
Macromedia Extreme 3D
Photosuite 6.5

A few of the above came on PC Format mag cover CD's, but there are other mags too, like Computer Arts. I don't know where you're living, so I don't know about specific mags you can get - or even whether they carry full versions of software. I'm living in the UK.

They were not current versions even when I got them, but they just cost me the price of the PC magazines at the time. In fact, I rarely buy a PC mag unless there is a useful free full version of an application on it's cover CD. Why pay a small fortune for the most recent versions of software if you can get their predecessors for next to nothing? ;)

Just keep your eyes peeled every month.
 Ice Man
06-30-2001, 1:10 AM
Thanks!
 Visac
06-30-2001, 6:39 AM
i use paint shop pro 7.
It has many functions of ps6 but doesnґt cost too much.

you can get a copy already for 99$ over ESD:
https://www.jasc.com/shopping/basket.asp?PID=017)

i think 99$ is really not too much for such programm, and you have the good feeling of doing something legal. ;)

I really hate those people telling everyone that they use PS6, After Effects, 3DMAX and all the other expensive programms. The did not payed one cent for the programms, and they are so cool. wow!

visac
Page: 1 of 1