Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Worse then Obi-wan? (XBOX)

Page: 1 of 1
 ZeroXcape
06-19-2001, 12:58 AM
Aside from Obi-wan going to the XBOX, (which I'm personally glad it did to begin with,) what other games were you upset to see go green?

Personally, New Legends seems to be my biggest disappointment. The Infinite Machine guys used to be real big into the community, and it looked to be an incredible game.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, check out <a href="http://viewer.ign.com/media_page.jsp?width=512&height=384&media=http://xboxmovies.ign.com/media/previews/video/newlegends/nltrailer.avi&media_src=embed&media_type=N&object_id) =35860&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dxbox%26adchannel%3Dxb ox%26pagetype%3Darticle&ign_section=27&media_name=New+Legends+Trailer+%28AVI%29">this video</a>.
 TheJackal_jk2
06-19-2001, 1:47 AM
Here are games I am heavily disapointed about (or I am at the moment).

Released games:
-Force Commander (who isn't)
-Black & White (slow like an other thread mentioned)
-Homeworld (sure it's fun... for a while)

To-be released games:
-StarWars BattleGround. I know not much is known about this game yet. But just the screenshots make me wish I was having a bad dream. The graphics are horible. Age of Empires (the engine used for Battleground) is probebly the first RTS to have units smaller then the buildings. But after seeing the screenshots and videos you can see LEC fergot about that "small" detail. I hate all the flying air crafts. To attack they need to be stationary. The stormtroopers are as big as AT-ST. AT-AT are about the same size as the buildings. And the buildings them self look just plain stupid! Where BattleGround lacks (buildings and units) ForceCommander had. Where ForceCommander lacked (engine) AOE had.

Why cant they just mix and match? :D
 Darth Simpson
06-19-2001, 1:50 AM
New Legends. I really wanted that game for PC, and I was very disappointed to see it go to become a(n?) Xbox exclusive.

Halo is another title, although that will eventually come to PC. I fear that it might be too late for it when it does surface though. There are a lot of competiton in the FPS genre now.

I was really disappointed when I heard Deus Ex 2 and Thief III would appear on consoles first too. But then I found out it was just a rumor... ;)
 Archie
06-19-2001, 2:56 PM
It wasn't just a rumor. They are being developed for consoles simulatanously, which can only be a good thing in my view.
 Darth Simpson
06-19-2001, 3:27 PM
The fact that they would appear on consoles first was a rumor. I know they are being developed for both PC and console at the same time.
 Sherack Nhar
06-19-2001, 7:48 PM
Well, I'm kinda disapointed that Sierra canned the DC version of Blue Shift only one week before its release. Really a bad move, and it was going to be one of the last true outstanding titles for the DC... :(
 Masamune
06-19-2001, 9:52 PM
Halo has been a big disappointment.

When it was supposed to be released, it would have been revolutionary. Now its not anything special. I'm still going to play it, whenever it may be released (how many years late?).

Could have been the greatest game of its time, but not anymore.
 GonkH8er
06-20-2001, 4:51 AM
mmmmmm halo......

*sniff*
 NeJJa
06-20-2001, 5:30 AM
every single FPS shooter i see go to a console makes me want to gag.
consoles are for sports games, fighting games, and some action games.
leave FPS ( first person shooter and frames per second :) ) to big daddy PC.

:eek:
 Boba Rhett
06-20-2001, 6:12 AM
Every time I watch the Halo ingame movie, a little tear comes to my eye.

Those Microsoft b*st*rds!!
*weeps uncontrollably and without shame*
 GonkH8er
06-20-2001, 9:02 AM
sometimes i like to just sit there and watch the 10 minute video over and over and over...
Page: 1 of 1