Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How do you get the Secret level in MOTS

Page: 1 of 1
 Zuckuss13
07-08-2001, 9:50 AM
Hi,

Can anybody tell me how to get the Secret level in MOTS and is it on the first version,

Thanks

Scott
 CaptainRAVE
07-08-2001, 10:05 AM
You have to download something, well i did anyway, but i cant remember where i got it from. I remember...go
here (http://www.jediknight.net/sith/secret.html). You'll be given instructions, i think.

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainRAVE ]
 digl
07-08-2001, 8:28 PM
what do you mean on the first version?
 wardz
07-08-2001, 8:37 PM
hi digl,

the first version didn't work properly so someone made another. The bit where you fall off the gantry was added in the 2nd version as well i think. Dont quote me on that.

wardz
 digl
07-09-2001, 12:14 AM
thanks for clarifying wardz
Now I remember something about the gantry fall
 CaptainRAVE
07-09-2001, 4:47 PM
The first version you played mara and kyle and at the end, if you fell off you died (i think). In the second version you play against Darth Vader twice, and when you fall you can run out to the millenium falcon with 2 or 3 tie fighters after you (with your hand missing of course). Good fun.
 Kurgan
07-09-2001, 6:31 PM
Here's the straight dope...

the first version off of the CD works fine if you create a proper episode.jk file for it and install it properly. At least it did for me. You don't have to goo it (with conman) but you can if you want to.

The "Special Edition" that someone made is supposed to replace the two saber enemies (Kyle and Mara) with Darth Vader (it didn't for me, I think the author setup the vader textures incorrectly in his gooed version).

Also, this SE version makes Boba Fett have a ton more power, so he's tougher to kill. Plus you can't force pull his weapon like normal.

The ending in both versions is the same.

Other than that, the two versions are identical. It's a fun level, though short.

Of course the version on the CD was created by the MotS team (probably at the end) and is contained in a file called "UNSUPPORTED.ZIP"

I forget who created the modified "Bespin SE" version, but it was a long time ago.

Kurgan

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Kurgan ]
 CaptainRAVE
07-09-2001, 6:42 PM
Yea, its years since i played it. The first version worked for me and so did the second, so i suppose i was lucky. Actually, it was probably my favourite MOTS level :) . Especially when lukes hand gets cut off.
 Bartolo_JCS
07-09-2001, 10:47 PM
first version worked fine for me I forget how i installed it though
 Zuckuss13
07-10-2001, 3:03 PM
Hey,

When i said the first vesion i mean't the original MOTS game ( i thought the secret level was in the 2-pack with JK & MOTS the one with Vader on the front, i have the first one ) sorry bout that, i try it any way

thanks

scott
 C Shutt
07-10-2001, 4:14 PM
You don't actually need to create a "goo file" or any of that bollocks. <a href="http://www.lucasarts.com/products/sith/hiddenlevel.htm">Here</a>) is everything you need to know. Enjoy.
Page: 1 of 1