Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

$H!T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page: 1 of 1
 Jedi Howell
10-29-2001, 1:17 PM
Long story short:

I hv 2 comps: 233mmx and 750.

My new(er) comp wont turn on now; i think i(or someone else) broke teh switch. Can anyone help? My newer one is an Athlon750 w/ 128mb ram, Win98SE w/ InWin case.

never mind, the switch in teh back was off

jh

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: Jedi Howell ]
 Millions o' Monkeys
11-03-2001, 8:20 AM
sorry but thats kinda funny
 acdcfanbill
11-04-2001, 11:02 PM
lol, thats very funny.... but not an uncommon problem!!! you wouldnt know how many time i'd working on a computer with a guy, and they go, "hey, it wont turn on".... that simple switch has caused lots of headaches... :D
 Bartolo_JCS
11-11-2001, 8:29 AM
at least yours doestn's have a circuit breaker for the power button like mine, it can get annoying when you absolutely have to use the computer and it won't go on ya know..
 Agen
11-22-2001, 8:47 PM
Lol that hapened to me one time....
i hit it with a spoon and it didn't ocme on....... i realised it was a simple prob if spoon didn't fix it
 CaptainRAVE
11-27-2001, 7:38 PM
I have to admit that is very funny :)........when I got my new 1.4Ghz Athlon it turned on but there was no picture. As a last resort i decided to take the graphics card out and put it back in....and behold.....for some unknown reason it decided to work :)....must have been staticly charged or something :rolleyes:
 Wilhuf
11-27-2001, 9:09 PM
Reminds me of the first time I built a PC. I had an MS Mouse 1.0 which simply didn't work with the motherboard. I returned the board to the manufacturer twice, insisting there was a defect. They told me there was nothing wrong. Extremely frustrating.

So, I finally tried an MS Mouse 2.0 and it worked just fine. Who knows why Asus would make a motherboard that won't work with Mouse 1.0...
 Kurgan
11-27-2001, 9:15 PM
You could probably overclock your AMD Athlon 750 to 1.1 Ghz (that's what I did with mine).

Kurgan
 DeathBoLT
11-28-2001, 4:53 AM
my 933mhz pc was so superior when i got it last december...

now its inferior and not high-end :\

its amazing how fast technology is advancing..
Page: 1 of 1