Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Newbie Edititor

Page: 1 of 1
 Chewie_Rips
07-26-2001, 7:01 PM
For someone new to the editing field, is there any advice you can give me to get started? I have 3d Studio Max, and JED. I'm a complete newb when it comes to editing, and would like to start out with skins?? What is your advice and a reccomedation on the tools I will need to get started....Thanks :D
 Wilhuf
07-26-2001, 7:43 PM
Chewie, check out our Radiant Editor Resources and Links (http://www.jediknightii.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=11&t=000002) thread.
 Chewie_Rips
07-26-2001, 8:30 PM
is the information from that threas conducive to JK, and not knowing how to even get started??? What do you suggest Whiluf??....thanks for the help, i really apreciate it :D
 Wilhuf
07-26-2001, 8:41 PM
The information in that thread is for Radiant, the Quake3 technology editor. It lists tutorials and FAQs for Q3 tech, which will be used for Jedi Outcast. There are a number of introductory tutorials that should help, if you want to get started with editing for Jedi Outcast (not Jedi Knight).
 Chewie_Rips
07-27-2001, 2:34 PM
What are some of the tools I should start out with if I wanted to get into JK stuff, before JKO comes out??? What do you reccomend? Like I said, I'm very software literate, but when it comes to games and graphics tools, etc........i have no clue...so where should i start?? Thanks for the help.. :)
 magnum
07-27-2001, 4:10 PM
What are some of the tools I should start out with if I wanted to get into JK stuff, before JKO comes out???

Well, if you want to make JK stuff first, go to http://www.massassi.net)

Anyway, I have to warn you about this: editing for JK is very different from what will be editing for JO/Quake/Elite Force.
The only thing in common they have is that both are in 3D :D

My opinion is that if you want to know what feels to edit, try Quake 2 or 3, they're easier to start with.
Of course, it's just my opinion, do whatever pleases you most. Hey, what the heck! Try both :D :D :D!!!
Good luck with your editing!
 acdcfanbill
07-29-2001, 6:38 PM
where did you get ahold of 3dmax and its key?
 Kurgan
07-29-2001, 6:42 PM
We get our's through school.
Page: 1 of 1