Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kyle Vr. Luke

Page: 2 of 2
 MaDMaN
06-17-2001, 6:21 AM
Luke taught Kyle those who cant do teach and so Kyle is stronger. Because he can do(hope my english teach doesn't see this)Kyle is stronger. The apprentice is now the master and the circle is complete. :)
 dnalor
06-17-2001, 7:59 AM
I have to say (official Luke is much stronger)...in SW galaxy...
 MaDMaN
06-17-2001, 9:02 AM
If u have to say it i guess u have to say it but I must disagree. Then again whats the piont of bickering u say tamato i say tomato :D
 dnalor
06-17-2001, 10:14 AM
yes, you're right! But I say tomato you say tamato :)
JUST A jOKE!

wELCOME TO lUKE SKYWALKER'S JEDI ACADEMY!
 MaDMaN
06-17-2001, 10:41 AM
NOOOOOOO! not there NOOOOO! not the acadamy i hate SKOOL with all da engliz and speeling and mayth. Who needs to know that 3 + 4 = 9 geez i know ill never use that in my lyfe.
Thanks for the welcome ;) :p :D
 dnalor
06-17-2001, 12:04 PM
NO COMMENT! :)

May the force be with you!
 MaDMaN
06-17-2001, 12:06 PM
Lol dnalor thats a first ;)
 dnalor
06-17-2001, 1:09 PM
I think You have played with JK and you looking forward to play with Jedi Outcast..
to be honest.... I want JKII NOWWWWWW! :)

have you played on ZONE with JK?
 MaDMaN
06-17-2001, 1:12 PM
Yeah under a couple a diff names went on sabbatical. Had to play Mechwarrior 4. Can u blame me? My next sabbatical will be in just a coupla mins after this post....hafta mow my lawn and thats a year long job. *sigh*
:mad: :mad: :mad:
 En Taro Taldarin
06-18-2001, 9:43 AM
Darth Vader was capable of killing Luke easily power-wise, however, he was merely not mentally capable of doing it.

Luke was not stronger than Yoda, he didn't even have the potential to be stronger than Yoda. Vader never became stronger than Yoda, but he did have the potential to become stronger than Yoda. The number of midi-chlorians a person has represents the potential of their power, not where it's currently at.

Thousands of years before the new republic, there were several Jedi that had turned to the dark side, and were attempting to turn other Jedi as well. The Old Republic exiled them, they put them in a resonably sized craft, with supplies etc, and blasted them into hyperspace, with no co-ordinates or calculations. The Old Republic was hoping the ship would go through a star or something so they could get rid of the Dark Jedi without consciously executing them. But it didn't happen this way, the Dark Jedi came out of hyperspace next to a small planet (of which I forgot the name), landed on it, and found out that it was the home of an alien species called the sith. The sith were quite powerful in the force too, but when they came across the Dark Jedi, they thought of them as gods. Eventually, through inter-breeding between the Dark Jedi and the Sith etc, the term sith, became synomous with Dark Jedi who had adopted the sith power, and lived by sith culture. Eventually, the Jedi found out about this, and after many long battles, wiped them out. There was one attempt by some people to re-instate the sith, but they weren't the original sith, and that attempt failed. 2000 years before TPM, there was even another attempt, and many battles were fought between them and the Jedi, but it was not the Jedi that wiped them out this time, it was fighting among themselves for power. One survived out of the many, his name was Darth Bane. He instated the rule that there could only be two sith at one time, a master, and an apprentice. He also stated that Darth, his first name, would become the title of all future sith. The sith managed to survive this way unnotice until the Phantom Menace.

So, Jerec was not a sith, and couldn't become one.

Darth Maul was not 'too easily destroyed for a sith'. Remember, he had been fighting with one of the most powerful Jedi Masters in the order, excluding the Jedi Council, and was undoubtedly quite tired. He was also not expecting Obi-Wan's quick recovery.

Also, about Luke's power, he would have quite a bit less potential than Darth Vader. Remember, Anakin was conceived entirely of midi-chlorians, leading to his immense amount of them. Luke was conceived by Anakin, and Amidala, who, as far as we know, has almost no force-potential at all. So, Luke is not more powerful than Yoda was, even as he is now in the New Jedi Order series. He is also probably not as powerful as many of the Jedi on the council. :)
 dnalor
06-18-2001, 9:48 AM
Well, You are not a fun of Luke Skywalker.

But Luke is the best...it depends on time..when... etc.
 MaDMaN
06-18-2001, 11:14 AM
To many people disagree with you on this Dnalor. Taldarein is right whether you like it or not. It doesnt all depend on time and place to make a jedi.

I still think Kyle would kill that farmboy any standard Republic week. :D
 Finalnight
06-18-2001, 1:45 PM
I concur.
 En Taro Taldarin
06-18-2001, 2:14 PM
You really can't say though, none of us have any idea of what kind of training Kyle recieved.
 Syndrix
06-18-2001, 2:23 PM
En Taro Taldarin:

For Syndrix: It's very easy to use force destruction in a positive way. For example: If some Stormtroopers are shooting at some civilians, and there are too many too get all in time, you could use force destruction and be protecting all the civilians lives, and your own by removing the threat. Being a Jedi on the Light side doesn't mean you can't kill, it just means that you have to use your powers wisely, never kill with vengeance, or out of anger or hatred or any evil. When Yoda says only kill or use the force in defense, you can be defending anything, whether it's a person's future, or their life.

Dont get me wrong, I understand where you are coming from as Ive heard this argument before and know it is very contentious. But I dont think thats necissarily true. "Using a NOUN in defence" is different to "defending" something. When Yoda says that, I believe he is talking about using the force in passive ways ie. Jump has no other effects other than making one jump extremely high, where as lightning (which needs to be much more powerful in JK2 to be useful, on a totally seperate note) is outward aggression. To use such a torturous power on an enemy cleary shows disdain at the least towards him. A Jedi weapon is the saber, not only because it has all the advantages we know it does (that and I cant be bothered listing them) but also because for a light Jedi it is the way to kill a Dark Jedi (or sith) with a clean concience, in hounorable battle.

The power of the dark side is not necisarily in its aggressive powers but in it seduction. One may use it in good ways initially, destruction to help civilians or lightning to make a dark jedi drop his saber and subdue him. But "the dark side is quick to join you in battle", a Jedi who uses these powers will eventually use them in anger or vengence, or against a hated enemy, even if he doesnt mean too. Different force powers are not necisarily biased to the light or dark side, but a light Jedi uses not destructive powers because he knows where they will eventually lead him, where as a Dark Jedi embaces them as to him they represent power.
 GonkH8er
06-18-2001, 11:38 PM
have you ever shot force destruction at a stormie standing next to a civvie and saved the civvie's life? i didnt think so :)
 Tre Lightshadow
06-19-2001, 3:22 AM
[i] <font size="+7" Font color="pink"> LUKE WOULD WIN!!!!!!
:D

[ June 19, 2001: Message edited by: Tre Lightshadow ]
 Mafia_Jabba
06-19-2001, 3:26 AM
A lesson in ebonics...

You are a nice looking girl

Damn yousa fine mother F*(^%R

Don't ask
 dnalor
06-19-2001, 6:58 AM
to Lightshadow: You say the truth! :) you're right!

Luke is the best but JKII is about Kyle...
 MaDMaN
06-20-2001, 2:24 PM
Luke is a weakling but i say the argueing would get us nowhere perhaps it would be a draw between them.
 dnalor
06-25-2001, 4:16 AM
Luke is much stronger than Kyle, you know it very well.
But I like Kyle and JKII is about Kyle...

NOW, I wind up the debate.. :)
 SlowbieOne
06-26-2001, 5:45 AM
Isnt it obvious? Luke is the son of vader, the one who brought balance to the force. Luke vs. Katarn? Kyle who???
Oh, and lets not forget Kyle wasn't even strong enough as he was seduced by the dark side of the force hahahah!!! What a wuss Skywalker 4 Life

[ June 26, 2001: Message edited by: SlowbieOne ]
 ESE_Sithlord
06-26-2001, 6:28 AM
Luke could beat Kyle any day of the week.

Why lets see hes the son of the chosen one the one that brings balance to the force. He was a spy of the lightside turning to the Dark side.

Luke would beat Kyle ass any day accept I know we will never see it so Who knows I just think Luke could win.
 Xeph
06-26-2001, 7:31 AM
I can't believe you're arguing between Luke and Kyle. Kyle is a sidestory character, so he'd obviously lose. It's that simple.
 Qui-GONE Jinn
06-26-2001, 8:20 AM
Yea, as well as he just found a lightsabre in his father's house and then POOF he was a Jedi...
 Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
06-26-2001, 10:33 AM
Kyle Katarn VS. Luke Skywalker in a deathmatch. How sweet could it get ???

Tremors is the Force suggest that Luke has a strong presence within the Force collective.

Kyle's presence, on the other hand, is still marginally small.

Luke has SOME training in fighting a Sith Lord.

Kyle, well, that's not needed to explain. He's faced and beated 5 Dark Jedi in combat, saved the galagy from TOTAL ANNIHALATION and will do so again in SW: JK II: Jedi Outcast

ANYONE WHO WHISHES TO ARGUE MUST TAKE THEIR WORDS AND SHOVE IT UP THEIR *SSES !

Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
 En Taro Taldarin
06-26-2001, 2:27 PM
Mercenary_Turned_Jedi, in reading your post, I wonder if you have read the whole topic as you should have done, or if you merely read the topic heading. I carry this suspicion, because you have used arguments that have been used in this topic time and time again, and have proved nothing. So, for the last time, I will prove them wrong. Everyone has presence in the force except Yuuzhan Vong. How easily your presence is sensed merely depends on how good your character is, your pride, etc. Luke fought the most powerful practitioneer of the dark side, the Sith Lord Darth Vader. In truth, the Emperor most likely merely pretended he was more powerful than Vader. The only reason Vader could not have killed Luke was because of a mental factor. And that factor was, Luke was his son. Just because Kyle killed 7 Dark Jedi, (yes, the correct plural is Jedi, not Jedis) says nothing about his strength and skill. The 7 dark Jedi could have been total weaklings as Dark Jedi go. No, no one in the galaxy has saved it from total annihilation, for if the enemy wanted to totally annihilate it, they would have no where to stay at all. The Empire needs to keep some people alive because they need people to control. The only ones not interested in keeping at least some of the populace alive are the Yuuzhan Vong, but they still do not want to destroy the galaxy itself.

Gonk8ter, you forget, JK or not, a stormtrooper rifle's range is far greater than point blank. In normal circumstances (not in JK) they would be shooting at a distance. Also, a 'real' Jedi would have far more control over force destruction and probably would be able to control the wash.

Dnalor, whether you are a fan of someone or not does not decide whether they are best or worst.

Syndrix, I must say that I find it a relief to see some people are argueing intelligently not like some *ahem* people who I mentioned in the top of my post. I cannot truely argue against you this time, for those are truely points that we would have to ask George Lucas about. Luke is the leader of the Jedi Order now, and most of those Jedi agree with me, however, that could just be because Luke got the entirely wrong end of the stick, or they got the entirely wrong end of the stick from Luke. But I still cling to my previously stated beliefs. I suspect we will find out in Episode II, or when they release pre-prequel novels covering the Stark Hyperspace Wars of which Plo Koon had to lead etc. :)
 Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
06-27-2001, 6:48 AM
This issue of which Jedi is stronger, doesn't concern the GALACTIC EMPIRE. If Emperor Palpatine (A.K.A. : Darth Sidious) REALLLY wanted to destroy the galaxy, he'd have done it when he became Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic.

Begun, the Clone War has. As so to say "A Jedi's strength flows from the Force. You will know the good from the bad, when you are at peace. Calm. Clear your mind, and listen to the Force."
Looks like a certain Jedi Master was right all along.
And I find your lack of faith disturbing,
En Taro Taldarin.

Mercenary_Turned_Jedi

En Taro Taldarin
06-27-2001, 12:35 PM
First of all, you don't know if Palpatine is really Darth Sidious and you won't find out until Episode 2. I never said the issue of the strength of Jerec and Co. concerned the Galactic Empire, I said it concerned Kyle's strength.

As for the second half of your post, no comment I have. :D
 Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
06-27-2001, 12:38 PM
Hey En Taro, if you're still logged on GO **** YOURSELF ! Sidious' public face is Palpatine, Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic.
 Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
06-27-2001, 1:23 PM
This time I'm not going to use too much words to prove my point. Sit back and enjoy, En Taro (A.K.A. : A$$HOLE)

Kyle Katarn

vs.

http://www.jediknight.net/trail/images/pro_sari.jpg)

victor =

Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn

vs.

http://www.jediknight.net/trail/images/pro_jere.jpg)

victor =

Kyle Katarn

[ June 27, 2001: Message edited by: Mercenary_Turned_Jedi ]
 Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
06-28-2001, 7:12 AM
Here's another :

If Kyle Katarn and Luke Skywalker ever ended up in a hangar with This Dark Jedi, what do you think they'll do ?

http://www.starwars.com/eu/img/eu_curve.jpg)

Luke would go :eek:

While Kyle would go :mad: and kick her butt.

En Taro Taldarin
06-28-2001, 1:02 PM
Well, Luke has already gone :eek: considering that she is Mara Jade and Luke is married to her and in the New Jedi Order series she is pregnant. ;)

Using pictures to 're-say' what you had previously said does not change my words against it. Perhaps you mistake my meaning though, I'm not saying Luke would win, as I despise him. What I'm saying is that it's impossible to tell with the little information we have. Personally, I wish Kyle would win, but I really don't know.
 Kurgan
06-29-2001, 1:42 AM
Let's see here.

Luke and Mara = lovers

Luke and Kyle = one time teacher and pupil

Kyle and Mara = teacher and pupil

In a fair fight it could go either way, but I'd tend to go with Kyle. ; )

Kurgan
 Mercenary_Turned_Jedi
06-29-2001, 6:09 AM
Hey, we don't know if Mara could be an undercover Sith. Makes yer mind go :confused: , eh ?
 Panda
06-30-2001, 12:23 AM
I think luke may be stronger than Vader,after all he is his son.I think palpy
used vader to get to Luke.I also think Vader knew about Luke being on tatooine and helped to hide him from the emporer. :confused:
 The Wanderer
07-01-2001, 3:30 AM
then why would Vader say Obiwan was wise to hide them if he knew they were on Tatooine. ANYWHO...

when the heck was Kyle ever Luke's pupil??? Did I miss a book or something??

and as far as Mara being Kyle's pupil, man, I don't even count MOTS as being a part of DF continuity even.
Page: 2 of 2