Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

In JK2, what's the most important for you : SOLO or MULTIPLAYER

Page: 1 of 1
 pops2002
06-22-2001, 5:06 PM
In JK2, what's the most important for you : SOLO or MULTIPLAYER ? :confused: http://www.multimania.com/jediknight2/pops/pops1.jpg)
 Qui-GONE Jinn
06-22-2001, 6:07 PM
Solo, of course, but we've discussed this a million times before... (haven't we, Wilhuf?) ;)
 The Wanderer
06-22-2001, 9:59 PM
Solo. I personally don't care about multiplayer, bring on da sp baby!!!
 Old Jedi Ben Kenobi
06-22-2001, 10:05 PM
Solo, although multiplay and a couple of bots are nice.
 stars are bright
06-22-2001, 11:24 PM
Multiplayer all the way! WHen you've completed the sp levels, you want more.
Sp won't let you play the game for years, MP will.
 KillerBee
06-22-2001, 11:38 PM
Multi.. I wanna game to last more then 3 days (which is how long jks sp lasted (good 3 days tho))
and poot ais so dull to play against..
 ReAcToR
06-22-2001, 11:46 PM
A combination of both singleplayer and multiplayer. Having one without the other, in a Star Wars game, would be quite disappointing.

This topic has probably been covered since the dawn of multiplayer gaming, and as we can see, it is continuing.

I myself play multiplayer Jedi Knight almost everyday, but I do enjoy singleplayer as well, although I rarely play it. I just can't imagine one without the other. The game wouldn't be complete without both and I think the same thing will go for JK2.

WHen you've completed the sp levels, you want more.
Sp won't let you play the game for years, MP will.

Let's not forget that their are hundreds of singleplayer addon missions that editors have made, for many games. These addon missions help to keep the game fresh, well after the original missions start to get boring. The same also applies to multiplayer.
 KillerBee
06-22-2001, 11:49 PM
"Let's not forget that their are hundreds of singleplayer addon missions that editors have made, for many games"

Each taking a year to make :)

Sp is a good thing tho. JKs was good.. and I did play it through several times.. but mp is more important
 OnlyOneCanoli
06-23-2001, 12:00 AM
If I knew that the SP would be as good as Deus Ex's, then I'd say SP. But since I'm 90% it won't be at that level, I'm going with MP. Replay value for me.
 Aragorn
06-23-2001, 1:07 AM
I value both SP and MP the same for the game to be complete. I'm sure that JKO MP will be very good, it's the SP aspect of it that will determine if it's a good game or not. There are a lot of MP only FPS games out there. When a game has both, it's the SP that makes it stand out.
 skyler
06-23-2001, 2:04 AM
single player for me.(my connection sucks)although mp against bots would rock! ;)
 Kurgan
06-23-2001, 2:10 AM
Good singleplayer is what leads me to buy a game, and good multiplayer is what keeps me playing (long after I've beaten SP).

I guess I would say then that SP is more important to me, when considering getting a game.

Kurgan
 GE_Luke
06-23-2001, 10:54 AM
Good singleplayer is what leads me to buy a game, and good multiplayer is what keeps me playing (long after I've beaten SP).

I agree with Kurgan.
I started playing JK SP only, then amazed by how cool it was I went MP.
With mp you play vs real people, that feeling can never be copied to bots, real ppl is just more fun.

The fact that there are hundreds of self-made levels, is what keeps us(me anyway) also interested, no matter if they are SP or MP.
it's the diversity that counts.

I think we should stop thinking just SP and MP...Why don't we put them together!
okay okay, it's no real Single player, but playing missions with your friends!
Mission Based Multi Player ->MBMP =new type 'o' gameplay :D
Imagine invading a huge imperial base with hundreds of stormies in it, with like 5 of your friends! neat, then the use of voice communication would also play a big role,
But before Voice communication will ever work fine...(Look at Tribes2, VC is supported but people will always have problems with their sound card etc. I think less than 30% of the Tribes2 community plays with mikes because it doesn't work (well).)

Wasn't there a small MBMP level called Theft on Nar Shaddaa or something? Anyway it was something with Nar shaddaa :),it had MBMP but wasn't really worked out fine...
 Mafia_Jabba
06-23-2001, 11:40 AM
single player...

Mods later
 wardz
06-23-2001, 11:53 AM
Yeah, I'd go with MP. But SP is important to show you the ropes. Also, some of us aren't blessed with broadband so we have to play more SP to get our gaming kicks.

wardz
 Aragorn
06-24-2001, 3:10 AM
Hey Kurgan, were have you been? :)
 Binary
06-24-2001, 3:04 PM
Multiplayer.

There's nothing more fun than unleashing some force powers on a friend or foe.
 X-Vector
06-24-2001, 5:08 PM
Although i really enjoy multiplayer-only games such as Q3 and UT, when it comes to JK2 the singleplayer game is far more important to me than the multiplayer part.
JK2 is one of those games where I think the storyline is really important (as it was in JK), you just don't get the feeling of being a part of the history of the Dark Forces universe during multiplayer games.
I must confess that although I've spent countless hours playing the JK singleplayer campaign, I've only tried multiplayer once (in the Zone).
I really didn't get into it and the fact that the games/servers I played that day were full of cheaters and hackers wasn't the only reason for my dislike.
I know JK2 is not JK though, perhaps Raven will change my mind and JK2 multiplayer matches *will* become a blast to play.
I'll just have to wait and see I guess...
 Gabrobot
06-24-2001, 5:57 PM
Single Player for sure. though a sigle player multiplayer like thing like in UT would be good.
 Kurgan
06-24-2001, 6:57 PM
Hey Aragorn.

I've been out backpacking, and visiting with family a bit. I see things have been flying along since I've been gone. Kind of sad that I didn't have a chance to see the opening of the new site, etc with the rest of you, but I'll live. ; )

Lots of work to be done and the other guys have gotten off to a great start. Hopefully I can help lighten their load a bit.

My roommate on the other hand isn't feeling so hot, he's got to have some minor surgery and he's not looking forward to it.

Kurgan
Page: 1 of 1