Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Phantom menace installation problems!

Page: 1 of 1
 sebulba244
09-23-2013, 8:28 AM
I have just bought a new laptop (windows 7, 64-bit) and can't install the phantom menace...

this is a disaster!

when trying to install the game a error message along the lines of this pops up
"the setup was unable to launch, can run setup.exe from the disc"

i've looked in the files on the disc and can't seem to find setup.exe and dont know what to do.

phantom menace is one of my favourite games ever so any help on installing it would be great!
 Wildstar
09-23-2013, 12:39 PM
I think the problem is actually that the installer is not a full 32-bit installer, but loads 16-bit code first. 64-bit Windows removed support for 16-bit code, so that's why you're getting the error. MSI installer packages (for use with Windows Installer) have been made for some games (the X-Wing series comes to mind, but there may be others), so if you want to try your hand at making an MSI installer package for this game, you're welcome to; remember, though, that the installer also needs to place the correct entries in the Registry in order for Windows to be able to run the game.
 Alexrd
09-23-2013, 2:20 PM
KJ9 has sent me a 64-bit installer. Although I haven't tried it yet, I can send it to you if you want.
 Ibex3050
11-18-2013, 2:46 PM
KJ9 has sent me a 64-bit installer. Although I haven't tried it yet, I can send it to you if you want.

If you don't mind i would be really happy if you could send that 64-bit installer to me
 florida
04-06-2014, 6:26 PM

Do you still have this? Would you be able to send it?
Page: 1 of 1