Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

The XWA.net One-Year Thread VIII: Heir to the Forum

Page: 4 of 5
 Zargon
02-08-2013, 1:46 PM
I'll be dad any day now.

scrary stuff

I can't wait.....the suspense is killing me
 Rogue15
02-08-2013, 2:54 PM
lol damn...
 Rogue15
02-09-2013, 8:56 AM
got asked an important question today regarding military stuff.....what my response was?

HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Keyan Farlander
02-09-2013, 1:29 PM
I'll be dad any day now.

scrary stuff

I can't wait.....the suspense is killing me

Good luck! Babies may seem like a lot of trouble at first, but enjoy them while they are all sweet and cute, before they grow up a little and get all mouthy :rolleyes:
 K_Kinnison
02-09-2013, 5:12 PM
got asked an important question today regarding military stuff.....what my response was?

HELL YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suicide squad duty?
 Rogue15
02-09-2013, 11:01 PM
more like another deployment right after this one
 edlib
02-10-2013, 6:05 AM
Well... that SUCKED. :mad:

Lost power Friday night at 10. Just got it back on (Sunday morning at 5-ish.)

My bedroom: 38 degrees F. I've been bundled up fully dressed under 3 comforters just to stay warm.

Spent 3+ hours digging out yesterday... mainly just to get to my car and charge my phone. The snow drifts were chest high on me.

The snow here wasn't anywhere near as bad as some places around here though. One town got more than 40 inches.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/19818_10151282672058461_1752354018_n.jpg)
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/603968_10151282767943461_590108320_n.jpg)

I can't wait until this place warms up a bit more... because, DAYAMMMMMM... I need a shower badly!

Supposedly, there's a concert going on at work today. I won't be there. I found someone to cover for me.
I really doubt there's going to be any audience... it's a John Denver tribute show. His audience has to be mostly all little old ladies... 50+ years old... I can tell you, they won't be coming out tonight. There's no parking in Boston, and no public transit running at the moment. And still a lot of power outages in the towns around Boston.

But... The show must go on... Right?

:rolleyes:
 Keyan Farlander
02-10-2013, 9:32 AM
That's a lot of snow. I have...no snow :D
 K_Kinnison
02-10-2013, 11:10 AM
In wisconsin we have gone beyond just snow to the combination of snow and freezing rain

For those that didn't look at my facebook post. I reached 256 pounds and for the first time in my life I need to lose weight. m Playing a game with myself tying to get my calorie intake to around 2000, instead of the 3000 I was normally having.
 Rogue15
02-10-2013, 12:13 PM
thats what marriage does to someone lol just let yourself go...

yeah i decided i need to lose weight after getting here and having gained 20 pounds in a month....and this month i decided im going strictly vegetarian...for a whole month to see if i can lose weight that way. so far i survived 2 meals eating just salad and steamed veggies, and my other rule is NO dressing of any kind. drinks i can drink cranberry juice or water.

my goal for when i get back home is to be down to 140-150 pounds. right now i weigh between 195 and 205. i weighed 175 before i went to camp shelby, and this was me eating mcdonalds like 3x+ a week, but also lots of walking.

its alot easier to stick to a diet here because all the food is prepared, at home i'd NEVER make myself a salad, **** that it takes too long to prepare, is ****ing expensive, expires way too fast and is not that filling for what it costs.
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Gluten free diets (if you can stomach the food) can cut out a lot of calories. It's more expensive, but generally healthier for you anyway. We did it for a month and we both straight up lost 10 lbs. no change in activity either.

Baking is harder, but adding pudding to cakes and breads makes them less dry and crappy tasting. We're still testing how much pudding (Vanilla) to put in regular ol' bread. Last load was too squishy and mushy.

But.... it takes a lot of will power not to down a bag of Oreo's when you see 'em.

Snowpocalyse is over here. Hopefully that will be the last of the major snow storms. We got about a foot, maybe a foot and a half.
 Rogue15
02-10-2013, 11:19 PM
sucks waking up this hungry. ill get used to it.
 K_Kinnison
02-11-2013, 12:31 AM
My weight gain had more to do with working 2nd shift and having 4 meals a day. Now I am having 3 small meals and some snacks. been able to keep my intake down to under 1500 calories before i come home from work

Interesting thing to note. At my job (Ace hardware distribution) we are sending about 600 snow rakes to New York so they can deal with all the snow that people in wisconsin call a normal winter
 Rogue15
02-11-2013, 6:43 AM
my goal is to lose the majority of "fat" weight by the time it gets really hot here. it's 80 degrees out right now. :joy: im loving it. **** that snow ****.
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-11-2013, 10:29 AM
They are probably headed to the Atlantic Coast, Yonkers, NYC.... Maybe Buffalo, since they were hit a bit harder. We're pretty much clear in Rochester now.
 Wildstar
02-11-2013, 11:53 AM
Finally able to check in...lost power for about 36 hours and when I was restored, I didn't have cable, which was restored this morning. I had my phone, but all I was doing with it was calling, Facebook, and my bowling forums (I find my phone's browser clunky, but I needed to update the virtual league guys on what was happening with their secretary.).
 Rogue15
02-11-2013, 1:14 PM
this diet sucks. but i am managing to hang in. going to the gym to burn actual fat off i guess...we'll see. not feeling the greatest right now, specifically feeling alot of resentment towards my organic unit who don't give a **** about me, i'm either going to transfer to another unit or go active when i get home...or just as they said 'suck it up'
 Rogue15
02-11-2013, 2:46 PM
who's all ready for S.A.D. ? not me.....feeling depressed and just want to turn into a ghost for the rest of the month.
 Keyan Farlander
02-12-2013, 9:51 AM
R15, you're taking us on an emotional roller coaster here!
 Rogue15
02-12-2013, 10:40 AM
lol sorry!!! playing farcry 2 right now. :)

tracking how long ive been here via star wars the old republic time cards. hahaha every 60 days i gotta have my mom buy me one and message me the pin. my parents are ****ing awesome. :)

also farcry 3 is on the way along with art of star wars the old republic book and star wars the old republic encyclopedia. also my us history 1 book for my college friend who's here.
 Zargon
02-13-2013, 10:27 AM
lol damn...

yup its pretty freaky

Good luck! Babies may seem like a lot of trouble at first, but enjoy them while they are all sweet and cute, before they grow up a little and get all mouthy :rolleyes:

thanks! today might be the day....too early to tell

due date is the 21st but we been to labor and delivery for early labor once and it started up at like 3am this morning

we are both at work now though :D

Well... that SUCKED. :mad:

Lost power Friday night at 10. Just got it back on (Sunday morning at 5-ish.)

My bedroom: 38 degrees F. I've been bundled up fully dressed under 3 comforters just to stay warm.

Spent 3+ hours digging out yesterday... mainly just to get to my car and charge my phone. The snow drifts were chest high on me.

The snow here wasn't anywhere near as bad as some places around here though. One town got more than 40 inches.

yikes! my bro got tons too, but no power outage in E Walpole for him. he was uber hard to get ahold of all weekend though
 Wildstar
02-13-2013, 12:56 PM
I'd been neglecting the projection duties b/c all of the time lost in July last year didn't make it worth continuing in last year's thread. Anyway, we had 120 posts in January, which gives us a 1,440 post pace. Some of you seem to be stepping it up, though. :)
 edlib
02-13-2013, 2:01 PM
yup its pretty freaky
thanks! today might be the day....too early to tell

due date is the 21st but we been to labor and delivery for early labor once and it started up at like 3am this morning

we are both at work now though :DGood luck and congrats!

:joy:
 edlib
02-13-2013, 5:56 PM
Having a crappy day. Tired. Feel blah. Kinda down...

Tomorrow is the first V-Day in several years I haven't had to worry about. I have kinda mixed feelings about that...

Banged into the car next to me in the parking lot today. The spot was pretty tight, and the other car was sticking out pretty far from the space. A little scuff on their bumper. Not terrible... but enough to notice. Newish shiny black Acura.

I feel kinda crappy about it, but I didn't know what to do. I thought about leaving a note... but in the end I didn't, as I was already in a rush. Maybe if they see it they'll figure it was me and leave a note. Or damage my car... Who knows with people? It should polish and buff out. I doubt insurance would get involved at that level.
 Rogue15
02-13-2013, 9:59 PM
**** this day.

nobody ever cared about me anyway...

went to the gym at 5am...never again, way too many people in there, going at 6am instead.
 Rogue15
02-13-2013, 10:23 PM
just kidding haha happy valentines day brossss

maybe in 2 years ill have actually have found somebody worthy.
 Keyan Farlander
02-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Yeah, Valentine's Day...sigh.
 Rogue15
02-14-2013, 12:23 PM
yeah...**** trying to find someone. im done, whenever i get home just gonna relax and go into hardcore gamer mode and just be a hermit, probably not drive either, i can walk everywhere i need to go. :) enough money left over to feed myself and pay my rent for a couple years. well for food i got drill pay for that. haha.
 Zargon
02-14-2013, 12:51 PM
as of 7:33pm last night I'm the father of little baby boy :)

my little jedi in training is Elliot Lawrence, hes 5 lbs 9oz and 18.5 inches long

ill post a pic later photobuckets mobile site blows
 Wildstar
02-14-2013, 1:07 PM
I was looking at something like a 450 or 460 after two games last night, but threw my best game since around Thanksgiving, a 218, to save my 500. Team got over 1,100 with handicap third game, too. :D
 Keyan Farlander
02-14-2013, 1:35 PM
Congrats, Zarg!
 Zargon
02-14-2013, 2:47 PM
thanks keyan :)
 Wildstar
02-14-2013, 8:19 PM
Yeah, what Keyan said, Zarg! :D
 K_Kinnison
02-14-2013, 9:07 PM
Congrats zarg!
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Jedi? Pfft.... Let him come to the Dark Side... we have cookies.... :D

Gratz Zarg!
 Law Snoll
02-15-2013, 9:00 AM
Pfffff!!! Damn, i saw smoke of those piece of space sh!t that crashed in Chelyabinsk at this morning. What is it? Asoka was finally raped and shot downed?

Edlib, haha! I have such of situation almost every morning here. Just every morning take shovel and go clean snow. Like in those anecdote: "Luke, another one stupid question about the Force and you will go on Hoth to clean snow! ALL SNOW!".
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-15-2013, 9:18 AM
Law, got a question for you. Why is Russia so adamant about not ever ever punishing N.Korea for doing stupid **** and blocking sanctions in the U.N? What the hell man. As a South Korean, it's annoying as hell.
 Rogue15
02-15-2013, 2:02 PM
that was a meteorite bro.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7ed_1360924143)

got my copy of FarCry 3 today as well as my other copy from home of FarCry Instincts Predator. I'm very ****in happy now. :)
 K_Kinnison
02-15-2013, 2:04 PM
Actually China condemned "Best Korea's" latest nuclear test, and well as Russia and China both via the UN security council. The test clearly is against the 6 party talks.

But China still keeps it's economic ties with North korea. Russia does to, but indirectly via China.

So if you want to complain about no one punishing North Korea, I would put the blame more on China then Russia... which both ARE going to be punishing North Korea for doing the latest test
 Law Snoll
02-15-2013, 2:30 PM
Cmdr. Cracken, well, i think it's because of some of reasons that's actually can be understood in right way only in complex, but anyway, let's try divide them.

The first reason is: Kim-3 has no of atomic bomb. For sure. It's obvious here for everyone, even for school students. I really don't know what exactly demanded so many of Americans to believe in those "nuke tests", but it causes only laugh Russia. Please, find the details about those tests. Bad Korea says they provides subterranean explosions in 10 km deep (for safety of people, of ecology, of industry and bla-bla-bla) . Do you believe in this? Do you? Alright, now look at this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Superdeep_Borehole) The Soviet Union, one of the World's most powerful economies there spent more than 20 years to drill it. How could Kim-3, who can't even feed own people well, to drill 10 km deep hole only for atomic bomb test? Doesn't it sounds a bit... hm... absurd? Do you ever understand what kind of equipment must be designed and manufactured to get in 10 km deep under ground level? I think only drilling process from engineering point of view will be much more complicated problem than making of atomic bomb itself.

And then - where's Kim's industry that would let him to create enough of active material to exceed critical mass? I think you understand at least in basic level how much is needed to be done and created to get combat enriched uranium. If no - try to investigate this question and you will definitely understand that it is absolutely unreachable for Bad Korea, that even can't manufacture their own city cars. Yes, Kim has couple of old Soviet-built nuclear power plants, but there's technologies are absolutely not appropriate for making of weapon isotopes uranium or plutonium even in minimal quantities. More... where from can he get a raw materials? China and Russia would never sell Bad Korea anything like that. Maybe US did it? Yeah, sure... The worst think that Kim-3 can do is to create some sort of "dirty bomb" with common explosive and lot of radioactive waste. But he won't do this. He is crazy guy, but not as crazy to do this.

That's why i declare: Bad Korea has no of nuke. And will never have. All their "nuke program" is just a farce from very begin to very end, they just popping air balloons and singing odes in own honor. But somebody believes and makes own pants wet. Somebody doesn't believes but sell weapons to that ones with wet pants who believes. Nothing personal! Just a business!

The second reason is: i think it's not just up to Russia. I think positions of Russia and China here is the same. If Good Korea with support of the US should unite to Bad Korea by any way (peaceful or military), then Good Korea will be leader, imminently spreading American influence into deep of Asian continent, at least in territory of Bad Korea. It should create very dangerous Geo-strategical situation when the United States would get overland access to Chinese and Russian borders in Continental Asia. It is not just undesirable for continental Asian countries, it is also directly against interests of both Russia and China who thinks that there must be no of American military influence in Continental Asia. Even presence of US advisors in Good Korea makes Russian and Chinese pretty nervous. Any discuss about re-union of Korea would be possible only when US troops completely leave Good Korea. Discuss can be, but without America, please. By opinion of Russia and China, the United States has no right of voice in this region of the Earth. And don't forget about another "complicated regions". Taiwan for China. Ukraine for Russia. Don't forget about problem of Kuril Islands (where the USA directly took Japanese side).

That's why Bad Korea is now needed for both Russia and China as some sort of "partition" between those guys that were called as "Yankee bootlickers" during the Cold War and "good guys" (well, of cause those "bootlickers" thought that exactly they are "good guys", lol). I sure that Peking and Moscow very carefully monitoring the situation in Bad Korea, treating Kim-3 and his bunch of "Christmas tree generals" as a little crazy, but in fact harmless communist fanatics that playing very important role, don't letting the United States gain a foothold in Continental Asia. And Peking and Moscow would NEVER let Kim-3 even to start his nuke program seriously.

More!

The United States leaders themselves need to grow those myth and hysteria about Kim's nukes! Alright, if there won't be Bad Korea, then what? Far East region will suddenly became much more calm and peaceful! No threats, no problems. Then who should buy American SAMs, tanks, combat planes, and helicopters... well, even guns? How Pentagon would then explain their presence in the region, spending gigadollars of tax payers? Let's took a simple example. Did you ever see American M16 assault rifle? Those twopenny-halfpenny junk's manufacturing cost is $50 at maximum. Do you know how much it cost to an army that purchases it? Sure, you don't. Just visit closest gun shop and look. Same thing happening there to more complicated weapon systems, that must be not just manufactured, but also sold for profit. But there will be no profit for that guys who manufactures weapon if there will be no threat. Nobody wants a war, but some of interesting guys needs hysteria.

So, dear friend, just drink something hot and sweet and forget about those panic around Bad Korea as scary dream. All of it is just a stupid farce, scary folk tale for feeble minded hamsters, who spend all their evenings in front of TVs, unable to analyze and systematize even basic information. But we both belong to Homo Sapiens species, right? We have enough of gray matter inside of sculls to understand where is the trick and say "It's a trap!".

That's it.
 K_Kinnison
02-15-2013, 4:21 PM
So you base the assumption that North Korea has no nuclear weapons on the fact they tested a nuclear device and said it was "10km underground" and don't have the ability to dig 10km down?

How about if i tell you the Punggye-ri Nuclear Test site in North Korea is just digging into the side of the mountains? and they don't need to dig a 10km borehole, and North Korea just lies about it being 10km underground so it's people are not worried about fallout.

And how pray tell do you cause a 6kt explosion? I suppose you could do it with 6000 tons of ANFO. More then likely it was a nuke.

I don't see anyone denying that the latest test was not a nuclear device. Russia, China, the US, North and south korea all said it was a nuclear device.
 Law Snoll
02-15-2013, 5:12 PM
Yes, they said. But... what did you awaited for, telling of "no, there was no of nuke"? Of cause they showed serious faces, shouting about "harsh and scary Bad Korea"!

Alright, let's believe officials. For a minute. Believing in existence of Bad Korean atomic weapon has some very good results. It is guarantee that Bad Korea won't repeat destiny of Grenada, Panama, Iraq, Serbia, Libya, Syria and many other victims of "Empire of Good". I think we all here enough wise people to understand the true reason of aggressions of the West against those countries. Some of them were dare to reject USD as reserve currency, another ones had resources or important strategical points that US establishment would to control. All those demagogy about bringing of democracy and crushing of anti-people regimes was only a curtain, you know that. We everybody knows what these "democracy" done to people in attacked countries, it was just genocide. Military invasion into Bad Korea would resolve nothing, it will be just a long war where all neighbor countries in Far East should suffer from huge losses, while the United States should have a large gain. Of cause if we should be lucky and there will be no of those guy who would press the "last button". It is unacceptable. As i said before - there will be process of uniting of both Good Korea and Bad Korea, it just MUST be. Nobody needs those idiotic "military communism" anymore, everybody wants to unite Korean people after all. But please, no Americans there. Armed guys from West and their Washington rulers has nothing to do there.

I don't justify Bad Korea for all those "play with nukes". Even if it's a fake gun, it is still a gun. But also i don't blame them. Yes, i don't like those Bad Korean "canned communism" as well. More i can say - i don't like it even more than all of you here because of i remember the Soviet Union in it's worst years and in difference of you i can very clearly to imagine how does life in Bad Korea now looks. I know about real communist society not from senile books of Tom Clancy or horror movies for sh!thead rednecks like Red Dawn, i experienced all of it in real life. But also i can say - everything is better than to fall under control of America, becoming their colony. I can say that because of i also remember 90s in Russia, when Mr. Drunken Pig did everything that guys from Washington told him to do, causing real holocaust of Russians. I would never wish even a worst enemy to experience anything like this. I don't like Bad Korea, but i also don't wish them to fall under genocide and extermination, that would be imminently started if Americans would come there.

But i still don't believe Kim-3 has a nuke. It's just impossible from my point of view. K_Kinnison, i'm sorry for being so straight, i actually have absolutely nothing against the United States as such, but i'm strongly against those so called "American establishment" and banksters, true rulers of modern America, who never were elected by Americans and who starts wars against interests of common Americans.
 Rogue15
02-15-2013, 5:17 PM
Far Cry 3 is amazing.

How is Siberia this time of year?
 K_Kinnison
02-15-2013, 5:28 PM
So i guess if a North Korea nuclear missile is fired and lands in your backyard, Law_snoll is safe because he doesn't believe North Korea has nuclear weapons and it won't hurt him :rolleyes:

This is nothing about "spreading Democracy" Yes, that is the overall goal of US foregin policy, but with North Korea it is more about not causing a war in the area.

Think of it this way. In the last 6 party talks NK agreed to not test any nukes, or their would be more sanctions. Then they detect an estimated 6 to 10kt explosion in North Korea, and North Korea goes on to say they tested another nuke. NK uses the increase sanctions to increase oppression on it's people, it is a Win-win for NK to test nukes.

Frankly I don't care if you do not think there is a nuke. Because if there are no nukes, it isn't as bad as a problem to you. South Korea, Japan, and China do not have that luxury. Since a nuclear weapon fired from NOrth Korea landing on foreign soverign soil and killing civilians, would demand military action against North Korea.
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-16-2013, 12:33 AM
I fully believe N.Korea has a nuclear device. It would take A LOT of TnT to replicate the seismic activity from that area that Japan and the U.S. Geological Survey has detected everytime N.Korea has "Detonated" a nuclear device. A LOT.

I'm concerned because I am Korean, I was born in Seoul. So this has always been a point of Foreign Policy that I pay close attention to. N.Korea, S.Korea, doesn't matter. Nuclear weapon on the Korean Peninsula need to go. Because if N.Korea can strap one of those things to a missile, S.Korea has to have them, so you have another area of the world ramping up a M.A.D policy which sucks for everyone.
 Rogue15
02-16-2013, 12:39 AM
did you all see that 'we are the world' video posted prior to that showing an orbiting satellite firing a missile then usa in flames?
 Rogue15
02-16-2013, 4:09 AM
this game is beautiful
 Rogue15
02-16-2013, 5:12 PM
yo http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d01_1361022894) spongebob squarepants cadence? lol
 edlib
02-16-2013, 7:18 PM
That's awesome.

At work tonight. College a-capella vocal group competition.

Easy... but soul sucking.
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-16-2013, 10:24 PM
I don't understand the Harlem Shake thing. It's wierd.
Page: 4 of 5