Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

How Do I Change This Force Power Script?

Page: 1 of 1
 Al_Ciao
12-10-2011, 10:33 PM
For those of you who have played the excellent High-Level Force Powers mod by Stoffe, you may recall the power "Force Strike", which has that awesome lightning storm blast thing striking the target.

I was curious if I could have a version of Force Strike that hits multiple enemies at once, so I PM'ed Stoffe.

The reply follows:

However, I was curious if it would be possible to have a version of Force Strike, where multiple Force Strikes hit every enemy around you at the same time?

Hi,

That should be possible, though there might be a limit on how many beams the game can draw on screen at the same time so it might be necessary to make additional strikes come down with a slight delay if there are many enemies within the blast radius.

I don't remember exactly how the script is set up currently off the top of my head since it was so long since I did any KOTOR/TSL modding, but I'd imagine you could just take what's already there and place it in a loop that iterates through all the enemies within a certain radius of the selected target.

-M

Unfortunately, I suck at scripting and programming in general, not having the head for it. I tried making adjustments to it to make it a multiple-target power, by comparing it to other multiple-target power scripts, but it wouldn't compile.

Therefore, I am posting the script as it appears in the "source" folder included in the rar of High Level Force Powers (all credit to stoffe!!).

Please tell me how I need to change the script as Stoffe describes above. Thanks so much!

Force Strike script (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34693168/forcestrikescript.rtf)

(I am providing a link to the script as copied into a wordpad file, as I am not sure if copying it into this post would let it format correctly.)
 Al_Ciao
12-20-2011, 3:31 PM
Please, is there anyone who can help me? Thanks.
Page: 1 of 1