Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need an Animation Number

Page: 1 of 1
 harIII
12-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know what animation was used in KOTOR when the rancor went to eat the grenade in the Tarisian Sewers or of an alternate animation I could use that would pull off the same effect?
 UltimateHK47
12-04-2011, 11:48 AM
Try checking the scripts, it might give you hints...
 Qui-Gon Glenn
12-04-2011, 5:43 PM
I am guessing on that one that it may not have been an in-game animation, but rather something rendered by the 3d software as a custom special.

DJW has mastered the obvious here, as I am sure you know harIII, but if you forgot to check there it is solid advice.
 harIII
12-04-2011, 6:14 PM
DJW has mastered the obvious here, as I am sure you know harIII, but if you forgot to check there it is solid advice.

I'm sorry Qui-Gon Glenn, but I'm not following...
 Qui-Gon Glenn
12-04-2011, 7:07 PM
Ok, I haven't looked into the .git to see the specific rancor's .utc. It must be there though, because you can fight and get killed by that Rancor, as well as fight it and kill it if you are a cheater and have lots of thermal detonators :D

In that .utc, there will be a script attached, controlling it's behaviors. You may also be able to isolate it in the scripts.bif.... looking for some unique script name like rancor.nss.

If it is indeed a scripted event, then the animation number/DATA_TYPE would be used in the script.
Page: 1 of 1