Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

F-Grade WIPs: Feats, Remixes and More

Page: 1 of 1
 TamerBill
09-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Below is a list of the K1 projects my associate UnknownJedi and I have been working on in the recent past, and what we have in the works at the moment.

Content Pack 1

15 feats, in seperate 9 feat chains.
2 new force powers, in a single chain.
Edits some party members to include the new feats.

Thread: Here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=209220).

Content Pack 2

Even more feats and powers.

Download: Not yet.

Weapon Remix Redux

A complete rewrite and rebalance of all weapons in the game.

Download: Will be released alongside Realistic Drops.

Armour Remix

A complete rewrite and rebalance of all armours in the game.

Supply And Demand

A remake of the merchant system to include licences, black markets, restocking, and a overhaul of merchants' inventories.

Realistic Drops

A comprehensive and consistent drop system whereby all enemy equipment can be salavaged. Also includes more realistic loot within containers.

I'll be editing the list to keep it up-to-date in the future.
 UnknownJedi
09-22-2011, 12:11 PM
If any one wishes to contact us over this project then pm me.

we will be interested if any one has any models that they would be willing to submit for use in this project then let me know.
 harIII
09-22-2011, 12:29 PM
This looks really cool but I do have a question. As far as I know making new feats is impossible because last I heard it's Hard Coded. I have a mod I'm working on which I could make good use of new feats, so my question is how are you doing this?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-22-2011, 6:20 PM
Hey there TamerBill!

I remember some debate about the usefulness of scripted "feats". I wonder how you have scripted this, and how well tested it is in a heavily populated battle on a low-spec'd machine?

It does sound cool though, and I hope it works well... I may give it a fly.
 DeathScepter
09-22-2011, 8:30 PM
is there a tutorial on making Feats?
 Rinku
09-22-2011, 11:55 PM
I am very interested in these WIPs. They all sound well thought out. I hope the final releases are as nice as the WIPs sound.
 VarsityPuppet
09-23-2011, 2:06 AM
is there a tutorial on making Feats?

No one's made one, but the idea has been floating around for awhile. The main issue stopping people is the major compatibility issues.
 harIII
09-23-2011, 11:20 AM
No one's made one, but the idea has been floating around for awhile. The main issue stopping people is the major compatibility issues.

With compatibility issues aside, how would I go about making such a feat?
 TamerBill
09-23-2011, 12:32 PM
Hey there TamerBill!

I remember some debate about the usefulness of scripted "feats". I wonder how you have scripted this, and how well tested it is in a heavily populated battle on a low-spec'd machine?

It does sound cool though, and I hope it works well... I may give it a fly.

Most of them are actually hooked onto existing scripts, so there shouldn't be any noticeable slowdown. They're not done as onHeartbeats or anything; that would be woefully inefficient.

This looks really cool but I do have a question. As far as I know making new feats is impossible because last I heard it's Hard Coded. I have a mod I'm working on which I could make good use of new feats, so my question is how are you doing this?

That's the party line, true, but it's only a half-truth. The combat styles, like Power Blast and Flurry, are very much hard-coded, there's nothing we can do there. Everything else, though, is just a matter of calling it from the right script.
 DeathScepter
09-23-2011, 1:09 PM
Well I do want to several passive feats that boost several areas ranging from attributes to skills to Attack modifers to Damage to Attacks per round to damage to dark siders and dark sided creatures and there is plenty of ideas I want to implement as passive feats.
 VarsityPuppet
09-23-2011, 6:59 PM
Most of them are actually hooked onto existing scripts, so there shouldn't be any noticeable slowdown. They're not done as onHeartbeats or anything; that would be woefully inefficient.

I'm interested in seeing how you implemented the new feats then.
 DeathScepter
09-24-2011, 6:18 PM

That's the party line, true, but it's only a half-truth. The combat styles, like Power Blast and Flurry, are very much hard-coded, there's nothing we can do there. Everything else, though, is just a matter of calling it from the right script.

how the frak do I make a script from scratch? Yes I do have Kotortool.
 TamerBill
10-12-2011, 8:12 PM
Update:

Since the download link was being screwy for some, I've replaced it. Should work better now. Since some people didn't realise there was a download link, it's now highlighted in red.

Progress on the other components continues; once I've finished the last of the armours I'll release all the components up to the end of Taris as a taster.
 DeathScepter
12-22-2011, 11:31 PM
bump
 Zhaboka
12-23-2011, 1:43 AM
"File not found."

So much for a non-screwy download link.
 TamerBill
12-23-2011, 12:38 PM
"File not found."

So much for a non-screwy download link.

The file's been removed from MegaUpload due to time limitations. Since it's had long enough in beta I've begun the process of release. A new thread with the release version will be up presently.
 DeathScepter
12-31-2011, 2:45 PM
that is good because i want to review your work on Feats, TamerBill. I did look around a lot on KotorTool. I do have ideas. Ranging from Martial arts passives, to lightsaber passive to compliment how you fight. Double lightsaber defense: it does allow for Assured Hits while having good force resistance and damage reduction.
 TamerBill
01-05-2012, 5:11 PM
Okay, all discussion of Content Pack 1 can now move over to the release thread, found here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=209220). Next under development is a combo of Weapon Remix Redux, Armour Remix, Realistic Drops and Supply & Demand up to the end of Taris. Stay tuned.
 maxmaxer
05-04-2012, 10:15 AM
Been playing your content pack 1 and I think its really great putting out more options for non-force users.

Since you're still conceptualizing content pack 2, may I suggest you give more melee feats/talents for single wielders? of both advanced melee and lightsabers. Right now dual wielding in my assessment is the optimum build, perhaps you can bring in feats to balance it.

In Saga Edition, the rulebooks force a dualwielder to take more talents to dual wielding thereby forgoing certain nifty talents/feats. Perhaps in your conceptualization, you can provide such options.

By the way, thanks for the content pack 1.
Page: 1 of 1