Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Welding Script

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
09-09-2011, 8:21 PM
So, on the Endar Spire and most anywhere you see a utility droid in kotor it's using its little welding tool to do stuff. I don't know the function to make it do that, and I tried looking at script where that happened, they were all compiled, and decompiling failed. So does anyone know?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
09-09-2011, 8:43 PM
Have u looked through nwscript and/or animations.2da? It should be simple to find... It would seem to me that this "game action" would be scripted in the droid's OnSpawn script.
 Fallen Guardian
09-09-2011, 8:44 PM
I did look at the droid's onspawn but it was compiled as well. I believe I took a look through nwscript but I'll look again.
 Darth InSidious
09-09-2011, 9:02 PM
NWScript.nss contains a list of scriptable animations (with their corresponding number) near the start. That might be worth looking at.
 DarthStoney
09-09-2011, 9:51 PM
It's this ANIMATION_LOOPING_WELD = 25; or used in this manor AssignCommand(OBJECT_SELF, ActionPlayAnimation(25, 1.0, (-1.0))); in the user defined script of the droid.
 Dak Drexl
09-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I guess this is as good a place as any to ask this question.

I have a guy typing on a terminal (might as well be the droid welding. I have to add that anyway too). However, when I click him, he turns to me and keeps doing his animation. Is there a way to make it so that the guy (or the droid) ignores you and keeps typing/welding the object?
 newbiemodder
09-09-2011, 10:11 PM
Open up the npc .utc file with Kotor tool..go to the advanced tab I believe and check the box..'doesn't reorient on PC'...that will keep the npc stationary.
 Fallen Guardian
09-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Thanks guys.
Page: 1 of 1