Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[TSL] Enemies Scaling to Player Level?

Page: 1 of 1
 Al_Ciao
08-08-2011, 8:45 AM
How do enemies scale to player level in TSL?

One time I decided to cheat myself to level 50 from the beginning of a playthrough. For the early part of the game, the enemies were pushovers because of this.

But later on, it started taking the same amount of hits to destroy enemies as it took when I was "only" in my 20s in a earlier playthrough, despite massive damage numbers like "300" appearing over them.

At what point do enemies start scaling to your level? Is it something that's a separate script, or part of the enemies themselves?

What I'm asking here is, if I wanted to create a mod that includes a new area with enemies, how would I get the enemies to scale to whatever level the player currently is?
 Canaan Sadow
08-08-2011, 1:32 PM
It'll automatically do it. All enemies are scripted to level alongside the player. -nods-
 Al_Ciao
08-08-2011, 2:51 PM
Okay, but that's weird, cuz when i went to level 50 at the beginning, for all of peragus and telos, the enemies were complete pushovers.

Thanks for the clarification. :)
 Canaan Sadow
08-08-2011, 2:52 PM
Okay, but that's weird, cuz when i went to level 50 at the beginning, for all of peragus and telos, the enemies were complete pushovers.

Thanks for the clarification. :)

That's odd. >.> All the enemies should have scaled up after you finished that one area you were in when you leveled up.
 Al_Ciao
08-09-2011, 12:10 PM
One-hit kills.

Maybe it was just Peragus and not Telos. Can't remember for sure, it's been a while since I did that. Because I leveled up at the beginning, I was still in that area, so that's why they didn't scale immediately?

Huh. Oh well.
 Canaan Sadow
08-09-2011, 4:03 PM
Because the enemies had already spawned for that area. They couldn't scale up.
 Dark_Ansem
08-09-2011, 5:25 PM
there should be a scaling limit.. a cap for each planet.
 Canaan Sadow
08-09-2011, 5:52 PM
there should be a scaling limit.. a cap for each planet.

There's not. The enemies scale to the player level, because of the fact that you can choose the order of which planets you visit after Telos...
Page: 1 of 1