Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Dialog Cuts?

Page: 1 of 1
 LDR
07-01-2011, 8:15 AM
I'm in need of help once again :xp:. I'm trying to edit Matrik's dialog so you can recruit him. I added another line to Matrik's dialog and then attached the recruit script to it. But, when I go through his dialog in-game, some of it cuts out, and I can't get to the final part. Is there a way to fix this? Or am I just editing his dialog wrong?
 JebusJM
07-01-2011, 11:38 PM
Please post a picture of the dialog file where it cuts off.
 LDR
07-03-2011, 3:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTSEugLEvyQ)
As you can see, I was able to get through the dialog, but it still kept cutting out, some of it. Other dialogs aren't so lucky, because if it cuts, the whole dialog is ruined. And the armor I was wearing in the video? It's a preview of an armor that you will see in LKIM 2.0.

NOTE: The voice was not cutting out. That was me, clicking it after I finish reading the text.
 TimBob12
07-03-2011, 3:39 PM
I had this at first. Especially with Alien Dialogs I found that the voice file specifies how long the line is there for. It was alright with short lines but longer lines which I paired with random aliean lines and it was really short not cutting. Dn't know if this is your problem or not.
 LDR
07-03-2011, 3:45 PM
No, not the voice. I mean, when I hit a dialog option, the dialog just stops. I was manually stopping the voice.
 Snard
07-03-2011, 5:04 PM
No, not the voice. I mean, when I hit a dialog option, the dialog just stops. I was manually stopping the voice.

There is a problem with your script then. Did you modify anything else except for adding the recruit script?
 LDR
07-03-2011, 5:07 PM
I added the two lines of dialog after he said that he can't be seen walking the streets or something.
 Snard
07-03-2011, 5:18 PM
I added the two lines of dialog after he said that he can't be seen walking the streets or something.

Ok, I again say that there is something wrong with the script. I would suggest looking at the script for that response and see if it it wont fire for some reason.
 LDR
07-03-2011, 5:41 PM
No, no. It fires, I just don't want the dialog to cut. That's why I'm asking, so that I could learn how the dialog just stops flat.
 Snard
07-03-2011, 5:57 PM
No, no. It fires, I just don't want the dialog to cut. That's why I'm asking, so that I could learn how the dialog just stops flat.

Thats what I mean. The dialog cuts because there is something wrong with the script. When you hit that dialog option the next dialog wont fire(or the dialog cuts). Check the script in Kotor Tool for any errors or things of the like.
 LDR
07-03-2011, 6:50 PM
I didn't even put the script in it yet, actually. That's why I stopped the video right at the end, because I didn't add the script in.
 Snard
07-03-2011, 7:00 PM
I didn't even put the script in it yet, actually. That's why I stopped the video right at the end, because I didn't add the script in.

I mean the script for Matrik's original dialog is screwed up.
 LDR
07-03-2011, 7:25 PM
It's not just for Matrik's dialog. It's possible that it cuts like that for every dialog. Am I going to have to remake Matrik's dialog?
 Snard
07-03-2011, 7:42 PM
It's not just for Matrik's dialog. It's possible that it cuts like that for every dialog. Am I going to have to remake Matrik's dialog?

Well, if it happens for every dialog then no, you wont have to recreate Matrik's dialog, but you might need to take a look at you game files because I have never heard of this kind of problem before.
 harark1
07-04-2011, 2:21 PM
I run into that same problem sometimes. I don't think it has anything to do with what you did, try just restarting the game and trying the dialog again, that stops the cutting out most of the time for me.
 logan23
07-04-2011, 3:22 PM
When testing dlg that's edited. You have to restart the kotor1/2 game then use a save game that does not start in the module with that dlg.

Also is you dont have the resume dialogue in the script that can also do this
Page: 1 of 1