Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Area skinning question. Tsl.

Page: 1 of 1
 harark1
05-19-2011, 6:50 PM
In tsl apparently many of the textures are shared between the onderon palace and the place after the docking bay, what would you call that a marketplace?(The one with the fountain and statue and the girl giving you a quest to eliminate guards), well so in a seceret upcoming planet mod xxrevenxx and I making(Shh, don't tell anyone. ) I'm trying to make the marketplace area into a slum /ghetto / whatever you want to call a run down area of a city. But the texture are shared between this area and the palace which I am using as a palace in the mod so that can't be rundown.

Basiclly my question is: Is it possible to change it so the textures are not shared between the two modules? No Idea how you would if you can I just am wondering.
 Dak Drexl
05-19-2011, 6:53 PM
You would have to hex edit your module so that it refers to different textures. See DI's tutorial about creating a new module (I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't look for it now).
 newbiemodder
05-19-2011, 7:40 PM
Dak is right. Don't get the room models confused with the textures. The different modules share textures not room models. You hex edit each room model and replace the common textures with your new ones.

The only way they are both affected is if you take a new texture and rename it with the old name, for example OND_fl03 and put it in your override. Since both modules use the original OND_fl03 they would have the new one as well. That is what you don't want to do.
 harark1
05-19-2011, 7:43 PM
:-O How did you know what exactly I did even down to which texture???? No you probally just got lucky but thanks. Hopefully now I can fix it.

Edit: What does Di stand for would that be Darth insidous' tutorial?
 newbiemodder
05-19-2011, 8:09 PM
I've been doing some work on Onderon as well.....I know the textures.....Yes DI is Darth Insiduous
Page: 1 of 1