Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[NEW] Jedi Quest

Page: 1 of 1
 xXRevanXx
05-05-2011, 7:10 PM
Ninth Heart is a whole new idea in TSL gaming, its a complete remake and overhaul of TSL.
There will be:

-new planets
-new characters
-new plots
-new items
-Online servers
-BETA TESTS!

-Plot
-Characters
-Dialog
-Planets
-Finding a way to make it online
-VO
-Modelers (needed)

I know it seems like a lot, but its just two people working on it, if you have any skills in these areas.

-Note: This IS a W.I.P. so it WILL take time
 Viado Onasi
05-05-2011, 7:20 PM
Zhaboka is a great VoiceActor. Characters are simple too. For a plot, you need to know what you want the mod to be about. Dialouge is simple, but you need to know what you want them to say and have good "English" skills. What do you mean by planets though? modules or making a planet "visitable? I don't think you can make it online, but modeling is hard, unless you have experiance.
 logan23
05-05-2011, 7:26 PM
I'm a little confused?

Sounds like your bringing kotor2 to the online world, which is a creative cool idea, but i do not know if it can be done with the kotor2 engine......but I have little experience in that area so will assume you know a way.

I was wondering have you prototype anything to make sure it is even possible? That is the best place to start, since if you can see it working and possible then the rest will be much easier.
 xXRevanXx
05-05-2011, 7:36 PM
We have Changed the name to Ninth Heart
 harark1
05-05-2011, 7:41 PM
Ok I told you not to post this here. Well if you want to help guys you can but this isn't going to be kotor it will be medival style sorta like Wow or Runescape. xxRevanxx why don't you listen to me???!!
 Dak Drexl
05-05-2011, 8:10 PM
Ok I told you not to post this here. Well if you want to help guys you can but this isn't going to be kotor it will be medival style sorta like Wow or Runescape. xxRevanxx why don't you listen to me???!!

But you're using kotor as a base? I would love to see that actually. Even if you can't get it online, a "true" total conversion mod would be cool, though if you even manage to finish it won't be for a long long time...
 xXRevanXx
05-05-2011, 11:03 PM
yea this will take time but imagine, our very own video game
 harIII
05-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you know if it's possible to make KOTOR or TSl an online game? If so I think all of us here would be very interested in seeing how you managed to do this.
 xXRevanXx
05-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Im doing it using server files, its really complicated, but its just like how WoW or minecraft even runs theirs online
 harIII
05-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Have you tried this server file method yet? Will it work by someone controlling the pc and another player controlling a companion? Or will it work by having the companions of 2 different pcs working together?
 xXRevanXx
05-06-2011, 12:01 AM
The way im trying to set it up is through a domain website, if i link it to the internet it will always be up and running, but this will take time as i am still studying this method, if i was to do this i would need to design a program linking the worlds together, and i would need to devise a trade program, im pretty sure your "party" would have to go in order for me to set up normal parties so you and your friends can play together, In a few years i will be taking C++ so this may take a while, ANYTHING and EVERYTHING you can do will help, and we are also working on a more WoW type game on Unity 3D so if anyone want to help with feel free to message me. Not only am i working on thoese two, but im working on my own personal mini game which im planning to put on my websites arcade or facebook, and i am working on a new social networking site (lots of bugs buts its coming along) lol so as you can see any help is apreciated. :)
 harIII
05-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Sorry but I wish I knew how to do stuff like that. I don't know anything about this server stuff so I wouldn't be of any help. To be honest with you of the thousands of scripts that I've compiled for my project, Shadows of the Empire, I still can't write a single line of code for the life of me. Thank God for templates... :P

Before you spend what I image to be countless hours to get this thing online, can I suggest you make a test run mod of making KOTOR and/or TSL. That in itself would be an incredible mod...
 xXRevanXx
05-06-2011, 12:47 AM
hmm were gona get the online set up afterwards lol but yea i think getting the whole rehashing of the kotor tsl game is #1 priority

oh and check this article out, im looking for blank server files and i found this, may help you
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090819005358AAkwcJJ)

lol and btw i own my own R.S. Private server, thats how i know what i know. :)
 Xarwarz
05-06-2011, 3:54 AM
Sounds interesting
 Canderis
05-06-2011, 7:13 AM
Only problem I see is the games you mentioned, support servers. Kotor does not. And hacking the exe file is illegal.
 xXRevanXx
05-06-2011, 7:31 AM
i wont need to hack it, im going to create a file, and its an advanced scripting method, but like i said this will take time
 logan23
05-06-2011, 8:49 AM
I would first got to work on the server because if it doesnt then this might take away time from your other projects
 xXRevanXx
05-06-2011, 4:25 PM
oh man i love the website, check it out guys.
 Astor
05-06-2011, 5:30 PM
Just out of curiosity, do you know if it's possible to make KOTOR or TSl an online game? If so I think all of us here would be very interested in seeing how you managed to do this.

I'd caution that it might be worth checking whether it's legal, as well. Modding can often be complex, and it would be far better to check these things out with relatively little progress made instead of finding out much later.
 logan23
05-06-2011, 6:01 PM
Hey, just want to mention this.

I notice you ask for donations...I believe you can't do that with modded products when you don't own the assets or licience to the engine,

What I'm getting at is you can not make any money from this game even if you replace the models since you do not have a licience for the game engine.

This is a FYI just incase you didn't know
 Jae Onasi
05-06-2011, 6:14 PM
No way, guys. It's a violation of the game's EULA. Closing thread.

To xXRevanXx: You need to read and follow the Forum Rules (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=169078). You are causing the staff extra work by double-posting and not editing your posts, by using a signature that is way too large, and by posting material that is clearly against the rules by discussing illegal modifications of a game. This is your last warning: we will be handing out infraction points to you in the future for any double post, posts that are against the rules, signature pictures that are too large, or any other violation of the forum rules. I would strongly advise you to read the rules and follow them, or you won't be welcome here much longer.
Page: 1 of 1