Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor 1 Custom Module Trouble

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
04-10-2011, 1:13 AM
I was following this thread

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=175101)

And I've done everything down to the letter, but my game crashes every time I try to warp to it. I don't know what I did wrong, or maybe there is something in the tutorial, but help would be much appreciated.
 Viado Onasi
04-10-2011, 2:17 AM
Did you put the .mod in the module folder?
 Qui-Gon Glenn
04-10-2011, 4:04 AM
^^^ My first thought as well. It is often the silliest things that trip us up!

From the link you provided, I am guessing this is a reskinned module. I assume you cleared out all of the scripts before making your new module... Double check your ResRefs and Tags and make sure you didn't cross them up. My bet is that you have made something great and something tiny is causing the issue.
 newbiemodder
04-10-2011, 7:29 AM
did you create a .vis and lyt file
 Darth InSidious
04-10-2011, 7:41 AM
Errors in hex-editing the .mdl files can causes crashes.
 Fallen Guardian
04-10-2011, 11:31 AM
I definitley included the .MOD file, and yes i did make a .Vis and .lyt, but I'll go check the .mdl, and my resrefs and tags, and then I'll get back to you guys.
 Fallen Guardian
04-10-2011, 12:25 PM
So I re-hexedited, and now it loads, except the textures do not appear. How do I name them to be relevant to my Module? Also do I rename all the rooms?

Sorry for double posting btw :headbump
Page: 1 of 1