Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Two questions

Page: 1 of 1
 Trex
04-04-2011, 6:44 AM
Two hopefully straight forward questions ;-

How do you add a pause during a conversation? Basically, so that the character says nothing but the camera still focuses on them for a few moments.

How do you edit the gui menus? I've seen a few people edit them to new colour schemes, but can't find anything on how to. I know the icons are just straight forward texture files that need to be edited, but I think I need to edit the actual gui files for a new look.
 newbiemodder
04-04-2011, 8:26 AM
Question 1

What I usually do is use the ActionPauseConversation for a certain number of seconds, then resume the conversation.

void main(){

ActionPauseConversation();

DelayCommand(6.0, ActionResumeConversation());

}
 TimBob12
04-04-2011, 11:18 AM
beat me to it.....
 Darth InSidious
04-04-2011, 5:06 PM
On pauses, enter the number of seconds you want the pause to continue in the "Delay" box in dlgedit. It's default setting is -1. You could also tick the "Node Unskippable" box, though you may need to raise the control panel in dlgedit to be able to see it.

On GUIs, the GUI is handled using .gui files ([Game]-->BIFs--->gui.bif-->GUI templates in KotOR Tool). These can be opened using a .gff editor. Generally, there's a version of a GUI marked with _x at the end of the filename, and one with _p . These appear to be for the Xbox and PC versions respectively, but AFAIK you need to edit both.

Colour is set using three values using a [VECTOR] in the file. I have no idea why this is, or how those values accord with what shows up on screen. They all appear to be decimals.
 newbiemodder
04-04-2011, 6:12 PM
On pauses, enter the number of seconds you want the pause to continue in the "Delay" box in dlgedit. It's default setting is -1. You could also tick the "Node Unskippable" box, though you may need to raise the control panel in dlgedit to be able to see it.

This would be a quicker and easier way to do it...but I've never had success in using the 'delay'...I get better results by using a script.
 Trex
04-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Thanks for both the answers. I'll give the script a go, and now that I know how to access the guis I can play around with them.

Colour is set using three values using a [VECTOR] in the file. I have no idea why this is, or how those values accord with what shows up on screen. They all appear to be decimals.

That bit I actually know. :)

The decimals of a vector colour correspond to the RGB colour numbers. All you have to do to get the colour you want is find what it is in RGB terms (I use photoshop), then divide each number by 255.

So, in vector terms, white would be 1.0, 1.0,1.0. Black would be 0.0,0.0,0.0. Green would be 0.0,1.0,0.0 etc.
Page: 1 of 1