Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Portrait help

Page: 1 of 1
 Isaac Clarke
03-24-2011, 5:12 PM
I made a portrait following the tutorial, completed everything as it said, and when I opened KotOR, the portrail was all white! When I checked the portraits.2da in kotor tool, it said that the portrait was a non-existant tga, "po" instead odf the portrait I put in my override, and when I tried to fix it, it was being stubborn and kept reverting back to "po".

EDIT: Nevermind, now the .2da row is just what I wanted it to be, so it should work perfectly, but it still is white!
 newbiemodder
03-24-2011, 5:18 PM
do you have vista?
 Isaac Clarke
03-24-2011, 5:22 PM
Wow that was fast, and no, I do not have vista, I have xp, but it should work perfectly. My tga doesn't have any problems, neither does the portraits.2da. Am I supposed to put the tga in my override?
 newbiemodder
03-24-2011, 5:27 PM
It's been awhile since I did a portrait...but yes tga goes in override
 Isaac Clarke
03-24-2011, 6:08 PM
Then why is the portrait ingame completely white?
 newbiemodder
03-24-2011, 6:23 PM
Assuming you followed the tutorial correctly....did you open up the .utc file for the character with kotortool and put the portrait name in the portrait box on basic tab.
 Isaac Clarke
03-24-2011, 6:31 PM
Ummm... Is there a .utc file for the player? Because that's who I want the portrait for. (the long haired guy)
 newbiemodder
03-24-2011, 6:36 PM
What are you trying to do exactly? Did you reskin an existing player head to create a new head for yourself?
 Isaac Clarke
03-24-2011, 6:47 PM
No, I just want to test a portrait ingame on a player before I reskin the head.
 Dak Drexl
03-24-2011, 7:24 PM
If you just want to replace someone's portrait (i.e. your PC), all you have to do is name your .tga the exact same as what that particular player's head is normally and drop it in the override.

For example, if you're reskinning the head PMHC01, then you would name your portrait PO_PMHC01 and your file will automatically overwrite the original.

Also, make sure your .tga is scaled as a multiple of 64x64 - I always go 128x128.
Page: 1 of 1