Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

[WIP] Nar Shaddaa Experiance

Page: 1 of 1
 randydg
02-11-2011, 10:21 AM
This adds more things to do in nar shaddaa.
Adds more venders, that include a jedi selling saber items.
Takes from my old mod where you can get the swoop track by killing (cant remember her name right now) after she takes it over. and having it give you money every time you visit (for people paying to race)
extends the area into more areas.
adds a gang like from taris. in lower nar shaddaa via elevator.
and much more... ( will post other ideas when i get closer to beta version.
 newbiemodder
02-11-2011, 10:30 AM
This is going to be moved over to Hollowan....but great...always good to see new areas being created...good luck.
 Sith Holocron
02-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Will this mod be compatible with TSLRCM?
 Bob Ta'aar
02-11-2011, 4:39 PM
Will this mod be compatible with TSLRCM?
Just what I wanted to ask as well. And how about compatibility with other mods that add content in Nar Shaddaa?

Sounds very interesting though, especially the 'Lower Level Nar Shaddaa'-part :thmbup1:!
 TimBob12
02-11-2011, 4:45 PM
I think that from now on any mods that have a WIP thread and are being made for KOTOR 2 should be made to state whether they are compatible. Most mods that aren't won't be too popular either.

Sounds good though. Very interesting.
 Bob Ta'aar
02-11-2011, 6:50 PM
hehe, I second that :D!

TSLRCM's makers at Deadlystream (http://deadlystream.com/forum/) are very helpful too if someone needs assistance in order to make a mod compatible!
 Qui-Gon Glenn
02-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Compatibility may be an issue when editing Nar Shadaa.

There is THE most enormous script dealing with what goes on there (301 or 302NAR area_onenter IIRC).... and it is so convoluted and so commented, that it really takes an expert to even make sense of it, let alone make changes/additions to it. I know this from lots of testing..... a different old project. Suffice to say, TSLRCM successfully modifies Nar Shadaa and will still burp sometimes, in my opinion because the vanilla code was too big and doing far too much in one shot. Should have been ExecuteScript modularized, in my way of thinking about code.

Anywho, it is not impossible. There are key steps to ensuring mod compatibility (this is not an exhaustive list, and more experienced folk are welcome to add their two cents, or dollar :p ) :
1) Set up your mod with the patcher. Simple.
2) Do not alter the TLK unless you are adding new rows to it.
3) Name your scripts uniquely, so that no one else will have a script named that way. I follow stoffe's example: st_k_pend_area1b, which results in my qg_xxxxxx.
4) Look thru the .git of the module you are modding. Do not put "stuff" in "busy" areas. If there are lots of triggers and waypoints in an area, adding to it strains the engine, and she's old and a little decrepit at this point, so we want to let her be, as easy as possible. IE: You want to spawn a new enemy and conversation in the Onderon Talia/Vaklu confrontation. DON'T.
5) If you are adding an area, make sure you clean it up well before building the module. StrRefs, scripts (especially).... everything in the .git that is related to what it was has to go, except the module itself. Then you can pretty much do whatever you want in this new area... no limits!

I personally like any added content. At this point there really is no other even remotely compelling reason to actually play the game. As it is, I haven't played beyond mod-testing in probably 2 years. But there are a lot of new modders making great stuff, and I am going to play again, for the nostalgia and for the enjoyment of the great work done in our community.

Therefore, my advice to you on the Nar Shadaa Experience is do your homework on the modules you are editing, and try not to tinker with the action of what is going on in important plot areas. Discuss your project at DeadlyStream, where the players there can fill you in on the major things to avoid if you want to make a TSLRCM compatible mod.

It is ok if you don't want to do compatibility.... a mod is a mod, it is done primarily for the hobby of the maker, and if it is well received, great! If not, back to the drawing board....

Good luck!!!
 randydg
02-12-2011, 1:18 AM
I see, i've been gone for awhile what is TSLRCM's Checking into it as of posting this. I'll see what i can do to make it compatable
 Viado Onasi
02-16-2011, 7:45 PM
Will there be a pazzak person, with Nar Shaddaa rules?
Page: 1 of 1