Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Kotor 1 Texture Problem

Page: 1 of 1
 Fallen Guardian
01-21-2011, 9:03 PM
So I come back yet again and my Texture still won't work. I have tried everything the only way it works is if I change my appearance.2da entry to N_Mandalorian for that what was originally embedded in the model. But then it makes the N_Mandalorian Texture. I've tried renaming it I've tried changing the name of the texture in the model file but it still will not work. Can anyone help?
 newbiemodder
01-21-2011, 11:29 PM
Ok...so you are reskinning a mandalorian, correct?...Did you try putting your new texture into the racetex column of your appearance2da row.

Can you make a print screen of your appearance 2da, texture name.?
 Fallen Guardian
01-22-2011, 12:39 AM
All right here are the files.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2q1xp3a.jpg)

It is the lower half of the mandalorian armor so it is not a disguise so I don't think that the racetex would work.
 newbiemodder
01-22-2011, 8:54 AM
Do this...copy the basic mandalorian line from appearance2da and create a new row...put your unique name in the label column...put your model file N_ValBB in the modela column....then put your texture name in the racetex column.(try it with and without the 02)..see if that works
 Fallen Guardian
01-22-2011, 12:03 PM
If you change just the racetex it works except the helmet is still on the armor. If I change the race too then it works except the guy has no head. *EDIT*All right I found that at the bottom it has P_CandBB as a texture. I changed that but it still will not work.
 newbiemodder
01-22-2011, 1:02 PM
Do what I said...then change the modeltype column from F to B.
 Fallen Guardian
01-22-2011, 2:10 PM
All right trying now.
 Fallen Guardian
01-22-2011, 2:26 PM
So it just reverts back to that weird shiny texture. I'll try inputting the regular Mandalorian textures and maybe that will yield results.
 newbiemodder
01-22-2011, 2:26 PM
Try this....don't worry, we will get there..change the race and the modela to your new .mdl.....put the new texture in the racetex...change model type to B...make sure you have a head# in normalhead
 Fallen Guardian
01-22-2011, 2:29 PM
Nope. Still that same shiny texture.
 Dak Drexl
01-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Since it's basically a custom model, I'm pretty sure that it is because the texture is embedded. I think it was called "N_Mandalorian01" when I made it, so that would be why that works. If you want to fix it, you'll have to import it into your modeling program, apply your new texture under your new name, and re-export and compile it.
 newbiemodder
01-23-2011, 7:48 AM
If that is the case DD, he could also hexedit the mdl....you could replace DD's N_Mandalorian01 texture with your own in the .mdl file...your texture though needs to be the same amount of characters as the one you are replacing,,,,
 Fallen Guardian
01-23-2011, 11:58 AM
All right thanks both of you. I'll try that.
 Fallen Guardian
01-29-2011, 1:52 PM
I fixed it. Finally. Thanks for all your help guys.
 AlyAhmed
06-21-2012, 7:14 AM
am having the same problem with the texture but am new to this and i didn't understand what you did :( so please help me do this step by step
Page: 1 of 1