Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

XWA One Year Thread, Part VI, Return of the Bottle Deposit

Page: 5 of 5
 Kuuki
01-26-2011, 5:49 PM
Bacon is indeed delicous. I motion for more bacon. :D

2nd-ed!

mmmmmmmm BACON!

ugh long week it feels, hurray for hump-day
 edlib
01-26-2011, 8:04 PM
No work tomorrow. College is closed. :D

Which is nice... except for the reason: More snow. Ick. :rolleyes:

Plus: My girlfriend was supposed to drive down to look at apartments in my area tomorrow, and we were going to meet up. Looks like that will have to be postponed as well. Boo. :(
 Keyan Farlander
01-26-2011, 9:55 PM
Took me FOUR HOURS to get home. The reason? People are morons and do not know how to drive in the snow. Now there is tons of snow in my driveway. Time to snow blow that thing. Or, if I have no gas, shovel.
 Nitro
01-27-2011, 1:20 AM
O.o

Waffles are inferior to pancakes. In everyway!
I'm sorry, sir, but Waffles > All other breakfast food. Except bacon.

Or whatever this is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZDv9pgHp8Q)
 Keyan Farlander
01-27-2011, 10:04 AM
Working from home today because of the snow. Yay, I guess.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Glad I don't live on the coast...little snow here.
 edlib
01-27-2011, 12:30 PM
I'm out of places to put snow. Plus: all my muscles hurt. Guess I got a good shovel workout.

Got my FM3 "Year 6" achievement this morning. Now all I have to do is finish about a thousand races in first place and I'll have them all for that game! Easy peasy.
 Zargon
01-27-2011, 1:13 PM
*yawn*
 Keyan Farlander
01-27-2011, 11:21 PM
I'm out of places to put snow. Plus: all my muscles hurt. Guess I got a good shovel workout.

Got my FM3 "Year 6" achievement this morning. Now all I have to do is finish about a thousand races in first place and I'll have them all for that game! Easy peasy.

You're really sticking with that game, ed. I started out trying to get all the achievements on everything, but it just became too much of a hassle.
 edlib
01-27-2011, 11:54 PM
I never cared about the achievements in any other game... but I told myself a year ago that I was going to get all of them in at least ONE XBox game... and this is the one I chose.

It helps that most of them were fairly doable; that I really like the game; and that I'm pretty good at it. Plus: I was already more than 75% through them at the point I decided, which made it an easy call.

There's also the added feature of a "Leaderboard" of all your XBox friends who have played the game and where they stand... so I can compare myself to Niner, or Nitro and see where we stack up... which got me a bit competitive, truth be told.

I won't do it again... probably not even for FM4 when it comes out. The hardest thing is how long it takes to play each race. At this point it's just an investment in time. But I can do a couple each day and whittle away at it.

I could hire an AI driver to run all the races for me... but that's defeating my purpose of being able to say: "Well... I stuck with it to the bitter end!"

I guess at the time I made this vow I was feeling kinda down about myself for NOT doing that as often as I thought I should... and this was a small, symbolic way of proving to myself that I really can.

By the way: I'm typing this with the XBox controller in my other hand, and FM3 on the screen, a race cued up and ready to start.
 Zargon
01-28-2011, 9:16 AM
nice :D
 Rogue15
01-28-2011, 9:37 AM
help desk job ftw.
 Keyan Farlander
01-28-2011, 9:58 AM
... but I told myself a year ago that I was going to get all of them in at least ONE XBox game... and this is the one I chose.

I got all of them in Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones :rolleyes:
 edlib
01-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Normally, I just play with a mind on just finishing the goals of the game, and just taking whatever achievement points come along.

Actually... I haven't even finished most of the games I have anyway. :rolleyes:

Someday... :dozey:
 Keyan Farlander
01-28-2011, 2:08 PM
I don't really even see the point of the achievements. It's just one of the things I don't like about this generation of games. DLC is another one.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-28-2011, 6:54 PM
First Tunisia, now Egypt, reports are also coming that there are protests in Jordan and Albania.

Watching closely, hope they don't go the way the Iranians did.
 edlib
01-28-2011, 7:08 PM
I don't really even see the point of the achievements. It's just one of the things I don't like about this generation of games. DLC is another one.Some DLC makes sense to me... I've bought track and car packs for FM3 and a couple of other racing games I have.

But since I don't bother with multiplayer shooters, I've never bought a map pack.

But most of the DLC is overpriced and offers too little.

I was more than a bit annoyed that they offered a Forza 3 Ultimate Edition last fall that has the full game, and ALL the DLC I bought for the game, in addition to some exclusive stuff that owners of the standard edition can't get... all for half the price of what I paid for just the standard game disk when it came out.

THAT didn't sit too well with me... I tell you what. Or from what I can tell, the rest of the FM3 faithful, either.

I understand the marketing behind it (it came out JUST as GT5 did)... but at least GIVE those of us who have been with the game from the beginning the new DLC... and for free.
 Kuuki
01-28-2011, 9:05 PM
I say it depends on the game

like for instance in some games allow you to play as different characters and what not. like it actually 'rewards ya' for what you did, instead of getting this 'bumper sticker' like thing that is worth next to nothing
 edlib
01-28-2011, 9:28 PM
It would be nice if you could cash them in for something... Like DLC or downloadable games. Or a discount off your LIVE! membership.

Something substantial that made it worth going for them.

I'm always embarrassed when I look at my number next to my friends... I have yet to break 4,000... and I know some people who are into the tens-of-thousands.

Makes me wonder what I'm doing wrong...
 Keyan Farlander
01-29-2011, 12:34 AM
It makes sense for things like Rock Band tracks. But extra weapons and characters and stupid crap that doesn't matter like costumes...nah.
 edlib
01-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Point taken.

Agreed. The worst things are the avatar costumes you can buy. How ridiculous are those?
 Keyan Farlander
01-29-2011, 12:03 PM
I am amazed that they even sold ONE of those. Even if I had Bill Gates money, I wouldn't buy one of those, because it's completely pointless.
 Cmdr. Cracken
01-29-2011, 7:23 PM
Adding Yemen to the Middle East protests/uprisings.

Looks like Egypt's government may fall and be replaced........ *slight cringe*
 edlib
02-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Wait...

Wasn't there like 2 or 3 days worth of posts since this last one?
 LukA_YJK
02-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Crazy storm here - pieces of metal flying around scratched all the cars parked around. The Force is with you... always...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R55e-uHQna0)
 K_Kinnison
02-07-2011, 12:07 AM
GO PACK GO!

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/02/07/sports/07superbowl12/07superbowl12-articleLarge-v2.jpg)

PACKERS WIN THE SUPERBOWL!

What an incredible game. I was literally biting my fingers as a 21-3 game closed down to a 28-25 game. Two star veteran players/leaders of the Packers (Donald Driver, and Charles Woodsen) are out and the rest have to step up and win the game for them.

A lot better then how this weekend started with my Mothers memorial service
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-07-2011, 12:28 AM
@Ed: Database gremlin ate our posts. ;_;

#K: GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Zargon
02-07-2011, 10:08 AM
congrats KK
 Keyan Farlander
02-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Monday, monday...

Wish it was Sunday...

Eh, I've got a couple of different songs in there, but whatever. Mondays suck.
 Zargon
02-07-2011, 2:53 PM
I concur.
 Keyan Farlander
02-07-2011, 8:34 PM
By the way, ed, I hate you for introducing me to "Freeman's Mind" when that guy only makes like three videos a year. I need more, dang it, more!
 Zargon
02-08-2011, 9:55 AM
half life related I assume?
 edlib
02-08-2011, 1:37 PM
Yeah. Somebody played through Half Life, and then put a voice track to it. Hilarious!
Episode 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J80KD4BG7M)
This one is OK... but they get funnier.

Spent the weekend moving my girlfriend and her kids. The slept over my place for a couple nights while we were packing and moving.

Crowded... but not terrible.
 Wildstar
02-08-2011, 7:19 PM
The database crash ate the post about trying out my flash memory camcorder, but, to sum up, the video I got of my bowling exposed an old flaw in my game (and I wouldn't be posting the video). I worked on said flaw in practice today, and had a 245 game during the practice...it really is a simple game when you're doing it right. :D
 K_Kinnison
02-09-2011, 7:05 PM
had to fix my car.

Rear Brake caliber ceased up, needed new calipers, pads rotors. Also got new ignition cables, so my V6 is now running on 6 cylinders again. Aaaand, I got new front tires with an alignment.

$1200. So basically 3 car payments. Concidering the last major work I had done on the car was 6 months ago, with my Dad replacing the front brakes, I am doing fairly well IMHO (since the car was given to me for free 4 years ago)

Nice thing is the person who owns the shop is a good friend of mine and let me take my car after only paying $400. with a promise to pay him the rest next week
 Keyan Farlander
02-10-2011, 12:43 AM
Taxes done. Refund less than last year. Screw you, Uncle Sam.
 Zargon
02-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Taxes done. Refund less than last year. Screw you, Uncle Sam.

I owe Sam 2500 and the state of IL 300 bucks....
 Wildstar
02-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Crazy hockey game in Boston last night, where the archrival Canadiens were in town. 192 total penalty minutes, and 11 different players were given 5 min. fighting majors, including Tim Thomas and Chris Price, the two goaltenders. Bruins won the game. :D
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Live Coverage of Cairo: Liberation Square (http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/)

It looks as if the Egyptian Military, which has firmly sided with the people since the beginning of the protests, has begun to intervene within the government and started to stip the President and Vice President of power. Statements from the Military affirm they will aid in transition to a democracy, and follow the will of the people.

People: 1, Tyrants: 0. :thmbup1:
 edlib
02-10-2011, 1:27 PM
Busy.

Ugh.
 Wildstar
02-10-2011, 7:11 PM
Ed, you think you can swing up to Boston Bowl on the afternoon of March 6? I plan on participating in the Autism Speaks bowl-a-thon with my friends from FanForce and Boston Bowl may be closer to you than Westgate Lanes is. :)
 Kuuki
02-10-2011, 9:12 PM
odd thing today, I enjoyed re-re-re-re-re-watching 'Dirty Rotten Scoundrels' w/ my mom (one of our co-favorite movies)

I suddenly noticed while watching it that the Butler is Palpatine
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-10-2011, 9:47 PM
Mubarak done ****ed up.
 edlib
02-11-2011, 8:14 AM
Ed, you think you can swing up to Boston Bowl on the afternoon of March 6? I plan on participating in the Autism Speaks bowl-a-thon with my friends from FanForce and Boston Bowl may be closer to you than Westgate Lanes is. :)I've bowled there! Still have a couple pair of the socks they give you.

If I'm not working I'll swing by. It's only about 10 minutes from my place.

Spent the night over at the GF's new place. Still needs some setting up... but she's fully in now.

Her neighbor put a nasty note on my windshield about the butt-end of my car sticking out too far. I was in as far as we could get it. I'm pretty sure he got by, but I think it's going to be a continuing problem... at least until the snow banks all go away. I'll see what I can do when I go over tonight though. I may not sleep over this time though. I need a really good long uninterrupted night's sleep... and that's unlikely to happen in the house with the kids.

Paul Simon at work today. Feelin' groovy.
 Det. Bart Lasiter
02-11-2011, 9:57 AM
Paul Simon at work today. Feelin' groovy.luckyyyyyyy
 Nitro
02-11-2011, 10:31 AM
That's awesome, Ed.
 Cmdr. Cracken
02-11-2011, 11:44 AM
http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/02/201121125158705862.html)

Mubarak confirms he done ****ed up, and decides to get the **** out of Egypt with his life.
 Wildstar
02-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I've bowled there! Still have a couple pair of the socks they give you.

If I'm not working I'll swing by. It's only about 10 minutes from my place.

Spent the night over at the GF's new place. Still needs some setting up... but she's fully in now.

Her neighbor put a nasty note on my windshield about the butt-end of my car sticking out too far. I was in as far as we could get it. I'm pretty sure he got by, but I think it's going to be a continuing problem... at least until the snow banks all go away. I'll see what I can do when I go over tonight though. I may not sleep over this time though. I need a really good long uninterrupted night's sleep... and that's unlikely to happen in the house with the kids.

Paul Simon at work today. Feelin' groovy.

Cool, Ed...I believe we're bowling from 1-3. I'll try to get "Richie V" on the scorer in some form so you can locate my lane. :)
 edlib
02-11-2011, 5:29 PM
luckyyyyyyy
That's awesome, Ed.He's one of our board-of-trustees. He's here all the time these days. So is James Taylor, and Christopher Guest (the actor/ guitarist in Spinal Tap... and husband of Jamie Leigh Curtis.)

He played his new, as-of-yet unreleased album from beginning-to-end, talking about his ideas, writing process, and recording and arranging techniques.

Then he played a song with a faculty band.

It was an OK day.

I'm feeling like crap right now, however. Like I'm coming down with something brutal. I think I'm going to skip visiting the GF and just get some real sleep tonight.
 Kuuki
02-13-2011, 9:51 AM
my 2 yr old nephew is here, spent the night, well, here's some comedy

8iLY04HCkMI
Page: 5 of 5