Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Problem with new Darth Malak Jawless model

Page: 1 of 1
 revanthesith
12-26-2010, 6:18 PM
well Hello everybody :D I am new to kotor Modding and its so fun to mod :D

I recently edited the Darth Malak Jawless model to make it have No cape or buttons on the mouth, but it looks all weird ingame.. Any Idea?

Picture: http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd451/Nirvon_Shoa/?action=view&current=kotorhelp.png)
 Dak Drexl
12-26-2010, 7:19 PM
Gross! Lol :p

How did you export the model? Did you compile it with mdlops or taina's replacer?
 newbiemodder
12-26-2010, 8:01 PM
What exactly did you do...did you remove bones? or did you just play with the 'skin' texture?
 revanthesith
12-27-2010, 1:03 AM
Well, Here is what i did:

Removed Cape & Cape Bone,
Removed mouth buttons
compiled with mdlops
 newbiemodder
12-27-2010, 10:05 AM
don't mess with the bones. You can try and eliminate the cape in two ways. First thru gmax. Click on the cape skin, then click on editable mesh on the right side dropdown menu, click yes when the warning pops up. Then click on the vertices button so all the blue verts show up. Delete the ones you want, for the look you want. Once finished, click on aurora base and export.

Or, you can try to play with the texture itself. Open up the malak body texture in gimp or photoshop. Find the part of the texture that is mapped for the cape, highlight it, then delete it so it is removed from the .tga file. Then save that to the override file. Do the same for the head texture to eliminate the mouth buttons. Not familiar with the mouth so this may need a more skilled job of 'reskinning' rather than deleting to get the look you want.
 DarthParametric
12-27-2010, 10:28 AM
You can't "remove it from the tga". All you could do would be to add the cape area to the alpha channel to make it completely transparent, but that would also mean you'd have to forgo using an environment map.
 newbiemodder
12-27-2010, 10:45 AM
You can't "remove it from the tga". All you could do would be to add the cape area to the alpha channel to make it completely transparent, but that would also mean you'd have to forgo using an environment map.

Sure you can. Select an area of any tga, either with freestyle or box and delete it. I've done it a few times. It removes the section from the 'wrap'. Seems to work ok.
 DarthParametric
12-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Are you talking about deleting UVs?
 revanthesith
12-27-2010, 2:17 PM
thanks for the replies! its much appreciated ;-)

So I can just go on photoshop and just select the part of the texture i dont want and delete it? Or i have to use alpha channel? or Hide the cape in gmax? or delete it OR delete its vertices

Sorry to bother you guys.
 newbiemodder
12-27-2010, 2:21 PM
I just tried both ways--deleting and changing alpha-- with photoshop..it won't work with Malak, maybe b/c it is applied to specific bone. So DP is right.

I would suggest altering the skin in gmax then recompiling.

Never a bother. I'm learning something too.
 revanthesith
12-30-2010, 7:14 PM
um so i delete vertices or hide the cape model in gmax? (sorry for being nooby :-\ )

edit: anyone??
 Marius Fett
12-30-2010, 7:35 PM
Delete the verts, see if it works. :)
Page: 1 of 1