Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Hello

Page: 1 of 1
 Rainesque
12-12-2010, 9:57 AM
Im new to modding kotOR though I have modded games before (Dragon age)
now, since im an avid star wars fan, and KotOR is still the best Star Wars PC game to ever reach my hands, im going to do something pretty "big".

Im going to create new 3D models for every armor and weapon in the game, so that everything looks unique, and not like 100 same looking blasters with different names and stats so to speak.
As another bonus I have some friends willing to voice act for me, so Im going to go as far as saying ill make 3 new companions for the game.

however, there is always a "but".

Im a total noob when it comes to KotOR modding, and if someone were so friendly to help me with certain stuff like how to make a new companion and how to possibly add my armor ingame.
I will also need a texturer, because I cant do everything at the same time...

So, what I need would be to know how the KotOR tool works, how I extract .uti files and such from the game for editing, and how I can possibly add new armor in the game, I know this has almost never been done, but I think im capable of it...

So, anyone willing to help, send me PM :D

Greetz,
Thomas
 Bob Ta'aar
12-12-2010, 10:12 AM
You should find everything you need in the tutorial-forums here.
But there are actually tons of mods for new weapons and armors out there, it's not that new ;)!
Now, for new companions: Up to now it is impossible to mod additional party-members, you can only replace existing ones. Most of them are pretty important to the whole game-story, so replacing them sucks. Especially in KotOR II with TSLRCM released, every single party-member has his important story to tell.

Having said that, don't hold back with your creativity, there's plenty of stuff to mod for the KotOR games :)!
Btw.: Welcome!
 Rainesque
12-12-2010, 10:37 AM
I was mostly refering to the armor, which I havent seen many new ones of, but meh, ill try anyway...

btw, ill have a look around and thanks for the welcome :D
 harIII
12-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Welcome to the forums chief, to start out with I've recently made a video tutorial that will show you how to do a recruitment mod but there is another written tutorial that goes into more details on it. All in the tutorial section.
 Rainesque
12-12-2010, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome, and ill surely have a look :)
Page: 1 of 1