Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Music Mod

Page: 1 of 1
 harIII
12-03-2010, 3:15 PM
I am hoping and praying that I can use the music that we all heard in the movies for Shadows of the Empire and I thought that I couldn't do it due to copyright laws. But recently I heard that I actually could use the music as long as I didn't obtain them from another game.

If this can happen I intend to use the music from the movies which I'll obtain by purchasing the soundtracks to the movies. Is this possible?

The conflicting information is coming from this mod which is hosted on FileFront:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Soundtrack_Replacement_Mod_for_K2;117469)

Can I get away with this without getting into trouble?
 Darth InSidious
12-03-2010, 4:27 PM
No. Even if you bought the soundtrack, you still can't use copyrighted material. If that mod contains copyrighted material, please let us know (and let us know what is copyrighted, and, if possible, to whom), so that the mod can be removed.
 harIII
12-03-2010, 4:39 PM
I have no idea if there is copyright material in there or not. I was just told hey, here's a music mod, got curious, took a look at the readme, and it sounded like I could. So that's why I threw this up.

Thanks for clearing things up.
Page: 1 of 1