Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Editing Yavin (Planet)

Page: 1 of 1
 .:Sam:.
10-11-2010, 1:22 PM
Hello, it has been a long while since I made a thread on this forum.

I've recently gotten back into editing Knights of the Old Republic and today I was doing some modifications for the game when I decided that I wanted to create a new module using the Yavin: Space Station as a base. For this module, I wanted the space station to be in orbit around a different planet therefore I spent a good while looking under the ERF tree in Kotor Tool for the planet's texture so I could perform a simple recolor. Yavin wasn't among the planets (LSP_planet.tpc etc), however on closer inspection in-game I noticed the planet itself was moving so I assumed it was a mdl file rather then a tpc/tga. Despite this, my efforts at finding the planet so I can simply change its color have been in vain. I was wondering if somebody would be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Thank You,

- .:Sam:.
 harIII
10-11-2010, 2:05 PM
I don't have time to do it at the moment, i have class in 5 but what you can do is locate the module's model files, double click on them for extraction, and it will automatically extract the textures used for that model.

You want to go to the Aurora Models, the ones with the .mdl extensions.
 .:Sam:.
10-11-2010, 2:38 PM
Spot on! Thank you very much! Your help is greatly appreciated. I found the planets under 'm50aa_02a.mdl'. They were called 'lyv_yavin01.tga' and 'lyv_yavin02.tga'. :thmbup1:

Thanks again! I'll be sure to put the new textures in an album for you guys to see!
Page: 1 of 1