Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

Need Input

Page: 1 of 1
 Darth Darkus
09-25-2010, 6:35 PM
Hey guys,

I plan on making a sidequest for TSL. I would like to make a level where you can visit the carbonite sith army and fight some sort of guardian or something sith like. Since we don't know much about the carbonite sith army this will probably be non canon. From what we do know, I would suggest that you can find a holocron with the position of the unknown planet maybe in the jedi archives on Dantooine. I'm open for suggestions on how this mod could develop. Participants are very welcome too off course.
 harIII
09-25-2010, 10:37 PM
This sounds really interesting and can prove very creative giving you a very broad field to make your story. Just by reading what was on wikipedia I'd say you're best bet would be to discover a Star Map at either the Jedi Academy on Dantooine or the Sith Temple on Korriban which will tell you how to get to the planet.

The planet itself sounds like a blend between Malachore IV, Korriban, and the Telos surface which still gives you plenty of room. What you might be able to do is just land in an open area like the Dantooine plains, then it gets more mountainous like the Telos Surface, and it finally ends up like the Malachore surface.

But I say once you find it there should be a completely unexpected surprise such as the carbonite army somehow is set free to kill you. Maybe you could even recruit the Sith Lord as a companion or apprentice if you can get through all the webbing of the other companions.
 Seikan
09-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Thinking about it, what would be the most exiting, would be to create the history of how that army was created, it would be pretty cool °°
 Darth Darkus
09-26-2010, 12:09 AM
has anyone played Empire at war - Forces of Corruption??? The planet looks like our Moon imo. But maybe it wasn't always like that. A lot of things can happen to a planet in 4000 years... Maybe it's even the last remnants of Malachor since I couldn't see anything that looked like an Atmosphere or anything...

anyways, I like the idea of how/why the CSA was stationed on that planet. Since the frozen sith are the Sith Troopers we know from both KotoR games and there is somewhat like a statue of a sith lord in there it must be some Sith Lord from the Revan/ Malak era I guess... correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the trooper armors even made by the star forge?
 Seikan
09-26-2010, 6:55 AM
Well, as we have seen, the star forge can produce model from other sources, like copy the leviathan.

I think it could have been a punishement, or something like this for betrayal, or Revan wanted to give a gift to some future sith xD
 harIII
09-26-2010, 9:56 AM
I like the idea of making the planet look like our moon, it's a completely new terrain that has yet to have been experienced in the KOTOR games. Generally new and uncharted paths are the way to go.

I'm going to lean toward a betrayal, or a failure to achieve something the way Revan wanted it done or even a complete failure all around.
 Darth Darkus
09-26-2010, 12:53 PM
good thoughts here, thanks. I'm gonna go for a few Cinema 4D sessions with my friend and try to make some rocky moonscape of some sort to start with. I think extracting the sith trooper model to gmax and export them to Cinema 4D to build a carbonite casket around it would be the easiest way of rebuilding the army. I was thinking of about 4-5 modules for that planet so there's something to explore at least. The rest of the side quest (finding holocron/starmap coordinates) will take place on ingame existing planets.
Also this is a good opportunitiy for me to shape up my zbrush skills and build a new character. But when we're done with modeling we're going to need some help to get all that stuff ingame. Also dialogue writers are very wanted. We can even do voice overs if we find some voice actors. The bassist of my band is very experienced in the use of FL Studio wich would be very helpfull for that.
 Seikan
09-26-2010, 1:16 PM
Since I don't think the exile fool enought to free an entire army of sith troopers, you could bring some other faction, or living siths that actually want to awake the army, and the exile would try to stop them.
 Darth Darkus
09-26-2010, 1:49 PM
or maybe the guardian attempts to awake them during battle and exile has to try to stop him from that. Since the holocron in EAWFOC was stolen from Jabba maybe a hutt crime syndicate that wasn't able to open to the holocron by themselves could use the exile to find the army for them and you get to face them before facing a sith guardian or something. from this point of view it would be cool to make the quest accessible after the goto mission. Visit Nar Shaddaa again and break into Voggas (?) warehouse. Or the Hutt even sends you on a mission himself...
Recruiting the Sith after defeating him would be cool aswell. Instead of HK maybe... But on the other hand I read an article somewhere and it said that ther is also one sith lord frozen in carbonite among the army. So maybe he freezes himself to avoid failure....
 harIII
09-26-2010, 1:56 PM
that would be sweet, maybe you can kind of perform the mission for vogga along side with his mercs
 Seikan
09-26-2010, 2:04 PM
Yeah, the Hutt is a pretty good idea, and they could of course use the exile for their own goals, then when the exile realize what happened they betray him, and try to awake the army, and they could manage to awake only a part of them, and between those awaken siths, it could be the Carbonite Sith Master (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Carbonite_Sith_Master).

And apart of it, it could be the guardian, who felt that the holocron has been used, and somehow cause you trouble during the quest, maybe, with some pawns, spirits, or other things, he would probably be a revan's follower (since the big statue can't be malak, it have a hood xD). And you would have to defeat him to acces to the cave, and then the hutt would bring their fat *** xD

You could of course add some Hut's mercenaries, etc... said HarIII, and they would be there to inform the huts, etc and betray you.
 Darth Darkus
09-26-2010, 2:05 PM
that could prove pretty difficult storywise. I mean it's pretty obvious that they will stab you in the back as soon as they have their goal in sight. I think it would be cooler to travel around with your companions to find the holocron and win some battles in order to do that. Then maybe after each battle you could see a little ingame cutscene where you see one (or more) of voggas agents walk away like they are pretty much watching your progress and follow you everywhere. And they attack you either on the CSA planet or before you leave towards it.
 Seikan
09-26-2010, 2:32 PM
Well if you want the guardian to be there, I think the best thing would be that they attack you on the planet after you defeat him.
 Darth Darkus
09-26-2010, 2:54 PM
yeah if voggas agents are smart enough they would face an enemy they know instead of an unknown sith lord that has control over an entire army.
 Darth Darkus
09-26-2010, 3:16 PM
Yeah, the Hutt is a pretty good idea, and they could of course use the exile for their own goals, then when the exile realize what happened they betray him, and try to awake the army, and they could manage to awake only a part of them, and between those awaken siths, it could be the Carbonite Sith Master (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Carbonite_Sith_Master).

And apart of it, it could be the guardian, who felt that the holocron has been used, and somehow cause you trouble during the quest, maybe, with some pawns, spirits, or other things, he would probably be a revan's follower (since the big statue can't be malak, it have a hood xD). And you would have to defeat him to acces to the cave, and then the hutt would bring their fat *** xD

You could of course add some Hut's mercenaries, etc... said HarIII, and they would be there to inform the huts, etc and betray you.
somehow I oversaw this post...

I somehow don't like the idea of awaking the army since they would have to eventually go back into their carbonite encasements afterwards and that doesn't seem to fit for me for some reason... I think it would be better if the sithmaster was still unfrozen when you meet him and freezes himself for some reason (avoid failure or whatever) after you defeated him. Or maybe he is looking to find the CSA himself and he and you arrive there at the same time together with voggas mercs. Maybe it's too risky for him to unleash the army while the exile, some mercs and himself are fighting for it and he found a way to lock the army with a code of some sort and freezes himself so none besides him can set the CSA free...

aaah creativity.... *drools*
 harIII
09-26-2010, 4:15 PM
maybe he has frozen the army or maybe the army was frozen to begin with because they were too powerful, what if they are the remnants of a forgotten group of people, possibly even the true sith. he wants to utilize the army's power but due to the events of the exile he cannot complete his agenda.
 Seikan
09-26-2010, 4:28 PM
Well, the carbonite siths look as sith troopers, from the revan/malak and later triumvirate's armies.
And it seems on the back of the statue there is the star forge symbol, that is the kotor sith's symbol.
So I don't think they are specially powerful, they could be at the best some of the best sith troopers ever, and there is only one sith lord, so, I still keep the idea of the punishment xD
 Darth Darkus
09-26-2010, 5:49 PM
how about a legion of elite troopers (since we can't see if they wear silver or red armor) that used to be something like a special-enforcements-backup-emperors-favorite-I don't know what battallion that was chosen to "guard" the temple of an unknown sith lord (the emperor probably). This was kind of a big honor to them as they had been frozen to serve in later battles and for higher goals or something... the frozen "sith master" could turn out to be the sith you oppose when finding the CSA. So like he was there when Silri found him almost 4000 years later but not when the Exile went there. And his reasons to find it would be typical Sith reasons gaining power etc.
 harIII
09-26-2010, 6:20 PM
since you guys want to stick with them being kotor era sith troopers maybe they were placed there during the Jedi Civil War by Malak or Revan (which ever you want) and the the Sith Lord is loyal to either Revan or Malak. The reason he's still free is that he's trying get some final tasks complete and then he's frozen in the carbonite. Not sure what would happen around this though.
 Seikan
09-27-2010, 10:47 AM
Well, it's not that we want to:

1: They look as sith troopers (from kotor era), we can notice it at their head.

2: It seems, that with the map editor if we look at the map there is the kotor sith's symbol.

And since the big statue would normally represent the one who seal them, and he have a hood, it should be revan. I doubt it would have been Nihilus, or kreia.
 harIII
09-27-2010, 11:29 AM
oh, oh what if Revan sealed himself in there after the Jedi Civil War so that he could be released if/when the True Sith make their attack on the Republic. He could come out of hiding and make his final assault against his prime enemy.
 Seikan
09-27-2010, 11:44 AM
Yeah, that's a possibility, there are troops keept in safety if something wrong happens, like the malak betrayal, and also it would have a surprise effect if he just get an army in few seconds.
 harIII
09-27-2010, 12:01 PM
There's potential for the pc to even learn what revan has been up to... first hand. Maybe you could have the Hutts working with an "agency" which is actually the True Sith, possibly the Genoharadin. When the exile goes to this mystery planet she brings the True Sith trailing after her since they want Revan and thus he's awaken which will allow the exile work with Revan a bit.
 Seikan
09-27-2010, 1:02 PM
Putting Revan alive, would be maybe too much, but, you could maybe find something about him, some holocron where he give the orders to the guardian, talking maybe about the true siths, and that he (the guardian) have to keep that army until he comes back. And some extra infos about what happened to him.
 harIII
09-27-2010, 2:02 PM
maybe a cult or order who's been given the task to watch over the army until the faithful day that the true sith make their arrival and for some reason possibly even in the mod, they disappeare
 Seikan
09-27-2010, 2:14 PM
Yeah, Maybe the exile kill them, unknowing what they represent, triying to access to the temple, and it would be after killing them that he would discover the revan Holocron, and he would understand his mistake (or not if you are dark sider xD), the problem is that the exile is not supposed to know about the true siths until kreia told him. Revan could talk about a great threat, but not reveal what is that threat.
 Darth Darkus
09-27-2010, 6:42 PM
I need some time to think about this... very good ideas fellows.
Page: 1 of 1