Note: LucasForums Archive Project
The content here was reconstructed by scraping the Wayback Machine in an effort to restore some of what was lost when LF went down. The LucasForums Archive Project claims no ownership over the content or assets that were archived on archive.org.

This project is meant for research purposes only.

TSL-Korriban Cliffs Balcony-New Area

Page: 1 of 1
 e-varmint
08-13-2010, 2:59 PM
This one is pretty simple, now that I figured out my lighting issues. This is a secret balcony mounted on the side of the cliffs of Korriban. You get to it via a "trap door" that you notice while Kreia is telling you about one of the Sith tombs.

Screenies:
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/KorBalcony02.jpg)
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/KorBalcony01.jpg)

I hope to have this out this weekend, unless I decide to add a small tomb area to it.
 N-5/Prudii
08-13-2010, 3:01 PM
Nice job!
 Kainzorus Prime
08-13-2010, 3:12 PM
Oooh shineh.
 Sith Holocron
08-13-2010, 3:28 PM
I might be interesting to combine this with Newbiemodder's Korriban Expansion.
 newbiemodder
08-13-2010, 5:02 PM
Great job e...looks fantastic!..nice new area..would like to tt you regarding compatability with my Korriban mod.

Rather than the metal grid like floor...maybe a stone or tile floor. Just a suggestion.

Yeah, add a tomb!!!
 e-varmint
08-13-2010, 6:25 PM
Great job e...looks fantastic!..nice new area..would like to tt you regarding compatability with my Korriban mod.

Rather than the metal grid like floor...maybe a stone or tile floor. Just a suggestion.

Yeah, add a tomb!!!

Thanks to all for the encouragement!

I can trigger this from any of Kreia's dialogs on the surface where she explains the history of the tombs. Something along the lines of:

[Awareness] You notice a small lever protruding from a damaged section of ornamental stone. It looks like it may activate some sort of maintenance door.

continue

Pull the Lever

This will deposit you in the small "Minor Functionary's Tomb" that connects to the balcony.

The module will be stand-alone, so the only alteration I need to do to Korriban is the dialog.

Just let me know if you are using any of these dialogs for your mod, and I'll use another one.

or

You can take this entire module and just add it to your mod. Even with the small tomb, I may be able to get it out this weekend.

I'll also use this to give players the custom Ubese weapons.
 newbiemodder
08-13-2010, 6:40 PM
Shouldn't be a problem then if only a dialog change...only problem I can forsee would be whatever number you give to your new area ie 701KOR...I'll send you a pm on my module names...
 e-varmint
08-13-2010, 9:40 PM
Man-O-Man, is this gonna be wicked! You'll never see the hideous creatures I put in there until they're right in front of you.

Gneeeeheeheeheeheeheehee

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/288tomb01.jpg)
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/288tomb02.jpg)

Better hope I can't remember how to make a "creature runs to PC" script........
 Druganator
08-13-2010, 10:05 PM
That has some serious potential. very cool.
 e-varmint
08-14-2010, 10:52 AM
This mod is getting incorporated into one of Lord Of Hunger's mods. I think it will be even better in the context of his storyline. This gives me more time to tweak the balcony area! I think I'll snatch some railings from Nar Shaddaa and use those. I'll throw up the odd screenie or two, but the rest is hush-hush.
 Qui-Gon Glenn
08-14-2010, 2:08 PM
New areas are cool!

Not much else to add, other than the screens look great, I agree with the grid floor seeming a little out of context, and the green ambient fog is effectively eerie looking :cool:
 LDR
08-15-2010, 1:55 PM
Whoa! Those are great! And the green fog in the tomb looks pretty good. Also, could it be the tomb of one of the ancient Sith Lords, such as Simus, XoXaan, or Xendor.
 e-varmint
08-15-2010, 3:14 PM
That has some serious potential. very cool.

Thanks! I have big, scary plans for some nasty surprises.

New areas are cool!

Not much else to add, other than the screens look great, I agree with the grid floor seeming a little out of context, and the green ambient fog is effectively eerie looking :cool:

Thanks! There will definitely be some structural and textural changes. I'm debating whether to further disadvantage the player by pulling something like:

[Repair] Your map reader was damaged when you fell through the trap door. You won't be able to fix it until you get back to the surface

Yikes!

It gets worse. You hear, and smell, evidence of some very nasty creatures. Better equip a weapon, and fast.....

Whoa! Those are great! And the green fog in the tomb looks pretty good. Also, could it be the tomb of one of the ancient Sith Lords, such as Simus, XoXaan, or Xendor.

Thanks! I haven't researched whose tomb it could be yet. I'll check out those names. If it were bigger, I would make it the unfinished tomb for Revan, which would have been started when Malak believed him to be dead.
 VarsityPuppet
08-16-2010, 12:54 AM
New modules! Hooray!

Though unfortunately, I hear that walkmeshes end up becoming rather screwed up with the camera being able to clip through walls and whatnot.

If you want or require a solution to play with, I may be able to help. ;)
 DeadYorick
08-16-2010, 3:59 AM
It looks like a perfect place for testing mods or making screenshots
 e-varmint
08-16-2010, 4:11 AM
New modules! Hooray!

Though unfortunately, I hear that walkmeshes end up becoming rather screwed up with the camera being able to clip through walls and whatnot.

If you want or require a solution to play with, I may be able to help. ;)

Sounds great! I'll PM you.

It looks like a perfect place for testing mods or making screenshots

It is, indeed. I can do whatever I want without fear of messing up the other parts of the game.
 Zhaboka
08-16-2010, 4:17 AM
Hey, that reminds me! If you end up developing characters for inside the tomb and need VOs, hit me up with a PM. I can also do custom beast shriek sounds! :D
 e-varmint
08-16-2010, 4:36 AM
Hey, that reminds me! If you end up developing characters for inside the tomb and need VOs, hit me up with a PM. I can also do custom beast shriek sounds! :D

That sounds promising! I certainly anticipate a great deal of shrieking (although most will be by the player).

I'll PM you forthwith.
 GeorgNihilus
08-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Goodness!! :bow: I'm SICK for new areas ... the balcony itself plus the new module with that amazing green tint lightning (yep you definitely solved the lightning issues right?) worths downloading just to take a look at it as abandoned area! :)

dude, there's an issue you should consider if using Kreia's arrival dialog, remember that zybl2 mod "Sion vs Vash cutscene on Korriban" uses kreia_kr.dlg to fire that cutscene. Here's the link:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Sion_Versus_Master_Vash_Scene;90663)

That was a pretty popular mod for many people ... and if I recall that mod edited only few nodes of Kreia's arrival dialog, on a quick look I can see it adds a start_vash_sion.ncs script 3 nodes down from the node that says "However, even the many traps could not long hold back the curious, the fools, and the weak. And so these tombs fell, spilling their secrets into the hands of those unable to comprehend or preserve them".

Shouldn't be hard to make this compatible with zybl2's mod.

good luck :thmbup1:
 LDR
08-16-2010, 12:35 PM
Oh yeah, and after you figure out a tomb name, might I request the spirit of the deceased Sith Lord (It could spawn after you open its sarcofagus).
 e-varmint
08-16-2010, 1:31 PM
Goodness!! :bow: I'm SICK for new areas ... the balcony itself plus the new module with that amazing green tint lightning (yep you definitely solved the lightning issues right?) worths downloading just to take a look at it as abandoned area! :)

dude, there's an issue you should consider if using Kreia's arrival dialog, remember that zybl2 mod "Sion vs Vash cutscene on Korriban" uses kreia_kr.dlg to fire that cutscene. Here's the link:
http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/Darth_Sion_Versus_Master_Vash_Scene;90663)

That was a pretty popular mod for many people ... and if I recall that mod edited only few nodes of Kreia's arrival dialog, on a quick look I can see it adds a start_vash_sion.ncs script 3 nodes down from the node that says "However, even the many traps could not long hold back the curious, the fools, and the weak. And so these tombs fell, spilling their secrets into the hands of those unable to comprehend or preserve them".

Shouldn't be hard to make this compatible with zybl2's mod.

good luck :thmbup1:

Thanks for the heads-up! If all else fails, the script can trigger from one of the cave creatures' "on death" fields and have the player enter from there.

Oh yeah, and after you figure out a tomb name, might I request the spirit of the deceased Sith Lord (It could spawn after you open its sarcofagus).

I think at least one Sith ghost can be easily arranged.
 e-varmint
08-18-2010, 4:36 PM
Balcony Update:

http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/081810.jpg)

I added railings and a precariously-perched ship off on a distant ledge.

I'm still pretty sure that this is a rickety metal balcony that is bolted onto the side of the rock. It was hastily constructed by persons unknown, and may plummet to the bottom of the gorge with little or no warning.

In any event, the floor needs work, and the stone columns probably need to go.
 GeorgNihilus
08-18-2010, 5:31 PM
Nice update. I'm not sure about the containers, I'd remove them if I were you. Meaning, it is supposed to be a planet long time abandoned after the Sith were defeated or force to leave or whatever ... who would leave containers there?? :raise:

about the perched ship, nice touch I'd like to see it a little farther but that won't be easy right??

oh and the stone columns ... I like them!! :)

keep it up :thmbup1:
 newbiemodder
08-18-2010, 7:04 PM
keep the columns
 LDR
08-18-2010, 7:18 PM
Keep the columns.
 Rtas Vadum
08-18-2010, 7:34 PM
I'd say keep the columns, just make them a little more Egyptian style, perhaps something like this:

http://trc.ucdavis.edu/TRC/envelope/Columns.jpg)

Though obviously still distressed and broken, unless the column is still comlete, though you still want a saturated look for the texture.
 DeadYorick
08-18-2010, 8:35 PM
Though obviously still distressed and broken, unless the column is still comlete, though you still want a saturated look for the texture.

What is that a screenshot from?
 Rtas Vadum
08-18-2010, 8:58 PM
What is that a screenshot from?

No idea. Its just an image I found on Google.
 e-varmint
08-18-2010, 11:07 PM
OK, I'll keep the columns, substitute some bone piles for the containers, and make the balcony stone. It still may plummet into the gorge with little or no warning, though.

or

Maybe the containers belong to the looters who thought they had found the last of the un-plundered tombs. They invaded the wrong tomb this time, however. Sure, they thought they had escaped to the ship in time, but Tomb Guardians can leap an awfully long way with a running start........the ship barely pulled away from the balcony when they fell upon it like frenzied Kath Hounds on a cargo of fresh Gizka fillets.

Good thing they're over there with the ship. They are, right? Right?
 GeorgNihilus
08-19-2010, 10:36 AM
OK, I'll keep the columns, substitute some bone piles for the containers, and make the balcony stone.

Yep. Bone piles for me ...

Sure, they thought they had escaped to the ship in time, but Tomb Guardians can leap an awfully long way with a running start .... the ship barely pulled away from the balcony when they fell upon it like frenzied Kath Hounds on a cargo of fresh Gizka fillets.

Good thing they're over there with the ship. They are, right? Right?

who are over there? the gizka fillets? :lol:
 LDR
08-19-2010, 11:38 AM
The frenzied kath hounds? :lol:
 e-varmint
08-19-2010, 2:37 PM
If the gizka fillets are over there with the ship, the Tomb Guardians are over there too, and can't fall upon me (over here) like the frenzied pack of Kath Hounds that ravaged those bone piles over there in the corner of the balcony.

You know, I *could* scatter some NPCs around on the rocks! They won't move around much, but that's OK cause they're all dead!

Bwoooohahahahahhahah

I'm actually entering Design Phase II, where I custom-fabricate walls and such.
http://i714.photobucket.com/albums/ww150/ajkfjaioIIl9Wkk/081910.jpg)

Edit: I think I'll go with another design. That curved wall doesn't want to map correctly. And I *found* my old "creature runs to PC" script! Oh, The Humanity!
Page: 1 of 1